PDA

View Full Version : Windows!

Warbuff
05-14-2007, 04:10 PM
Ok, so I got pulled over for the ummmmmmmmm 4th time today for my tinted windows. Up until now I have been given warnings and have not been told to do anything about it. Well today, my luck changed, and now I have to get my windows "tested" within 10 days by a MD state safety inspection garage.

My question is (Charlie do not read this).... does anybody know of a place that might be willing to give me the little stickers and sign off on my windows saying they are ok? LOL, I know it's a long shot, but you never know until you ask :)

If they pass and I get the little stickers I don't gave to get it removed....

MM2004
05-14-2007, 04:25 PM
Ok, so I got pulled over for the ummmmmmmmm 4th time today for my tinted windows. Up until now I have been given warnings and have not been told to do anything about it. Well today, my luck changed, and now I have to get my windows "tested" within 10 days by a MD state safety inspection garage.

My question is (Charlie do not read this).... does anybody know of a place that might be willing to give me the little stickers and sign off on my windows saying they are ok? LOL, I know it's a long shot, but you never know until you ask :)

What percent are you running?

Mike.

jgc61sr2002
05-14-2007, 04:27 PM
I suggest you remove the tint from the front windows.

You are asking someone to violate the law, Ain't gonna happen IMO.
Sorry.

Mike
05-14-2007, 05:47 PM

After about 15 months I finally got pulled over for the same thing :mad2: . I've been by state troopers, sheriffs, numerous suburban police and then it happened. After he wrote me the $25 ticket :shake: , he was kind enough to tell me that the tint did look good on the car but still illegal. By the way, I believe I have 5% (limo?) on my black MM which was on when I bought it.

dwasson
05-14-2007, 05:49 PM
I was gonna blame Bill Gates.

sabtaj1
05-14-2007, 05:51 PM
See if your docter can write you a tint prescription. I have heard of people doing this and it works. But 5% would be pushin it. Just carry the docter note in your car all the time. LOL. Really!

MarauderMark
05-14-2007, 05:51 PM
.My question is does anybody know of a place that might be willing to give me the little stickers and sign off on my windows saying they are ok? LOL, I know it's a long shot, but you never know until you ask :)

I don't think anyone is going to jerpordize doing something like that as they may be subjected to finds and other :bs:

Warbuff
05-14-2007, 06:14 PM
I don't think anyone is going to jerpordize doing something like that as they may be subjected to finds and other :bs:

Ya I understand, and I really would not expect anybody to do anything like that... but you never know!

And I think I am at 35% or is it 25%... what ever one is one step past legal.

DEFYANT
05-14-2007, 06:19 PM
35% is the limit.

There is a big push in MD to enforce seat belt violations. They do the "Click it or Ticket" program every May. If the P/O can not see you wearing your seat belt because your windows are too dark, expect to be pulled over.

1stMerc
05-14-2007, 06:31 PM
4 times in one day, your plates were probably in the system since the second stop.

Good luck,

Herco23
05-14-2007, 06:51 PM
they just can't stand seeing someone drive a nicer car then them. I have limo in the back and 20% in the front. Thankly I haven't been pulled over yet. The funniest thing is that people in LA drive with their front windshield tinted and that's pushing it.

DEFYANT
05-14-2007, 07:18 PM
they just can't stand seeing someone drive a nicer car then them. I have limo in the back and 20% in the front. Thankly I haven't been pulled over yet. The funniest thing is that people in LA drive with their front windshield tinted and that's pushing it.

Yeah, cops hate guys with cool cars. :rolleyes:

Agent M79
05-14-2007, 07:25 PM
Yep. 35%. I got the little stickers and the paper that went along with it.

Someone told me shortly after I got here that MD is sometimes referred to as 'The Peoples Republic of Maryland'.

When I paid my taxes this year, I sent the check to 'Comptroller of Maryland Revenue Administration Division' .... C.O.M.R.A.D.!

Оно было бы самые лучшие для того чтобы извлечь вашу подкраску потому что они имеют дороги сделать вас исчезнуть.

Warbuff
05-14-2007, 07:46 PM
4 times in one day, your plates were probably in the system since the second stop.

Good luck,

Woops, did it come across as 4 times in one day? It was 4 times since I bought the car 1.5 years ago.

knine
05-15-2007, 03:46 AM
Yeah, cops hate guys with cool cars. :rolleyes:

Yup. That's why I had to get one of these !! ;) P.S., I got pulled over for the tint before I logged my first 1000 miles.

Bluerauder
05-15-2007, 04:35 AM
I really don't understand the window tint thing. :rolleyes: Why anyone would need or want window tint beyond the legal limit totally escapes me. Some folks probably do it to enhance the "coolness" factor; but I can think of many more reasons why it is a problem.

Flame Suit On :flamer:

fastblackmerc
05-15-2007, 04:48 AM
I really don't understand the window tint thing. :rolleyes: Why anyone would need or want window tint beyond the legal limit totally escapes me. Some folks probably do it to enhance the "coolness" factor; but I can think of many more reasons why it is a problem.

I with you on that. I went the legal maximum in NC 35%. No problems.

GA-Marauder
05-15-2007, 07:13 AM
I have 20% all around, even though the legal limit even here in FL is 35% on the front sides (I believe). Almost everyone here runs with darker than 35%, most with 20% to 5%, because of the fierce sun here. No-one that I know has been pulled over due to dark tint here.:coolman:

larryo340
05-15-2007, 07:17 AM
Оно было бы самые лучшие для того чтобы извлечь вашу подкраску потому что они имеют дороги сделать вас исчезнуть.

:confused:
just curious to know what it says

Mike
05-15-2007, 08:13 AM
See if your docter can write you a tint prescription. I have heard of people doing this and it works. But 5% would be pushin it. Just carry the docter note in your car all the time. LOL. Really!

^^^ This can really happen^^^?

cyclopsram
05-15-2007, 08:22 AM
In VT no tint other than factory solar tint is allowed in front door windows..Seat belt law has been enhanced to allow a stop for not wearing them...instead of a secondary reason...At the risk of being cool, most folks are just trolling for cops...not unlike not putting on your front license plate and getting a failure to display ticket and a nice visual inspection of your entire car interior....dangling stuff from your rear view mirror is risking a stop for vision impairment, aftermarket taillights without DOT approval numbers, etc etc... don't blame the cops when you are flashing the "please stop me" I am cool signals to them..

MERCMAN
05-15-2007, 08:26 AM

babel fish:
"It would be the best in order to extract your tint because they they have roads make you to disappear"

SID210SA
05-15-2007, 09:12 AM

+1....even more courious to know how you typed it....:confused:

ctrlraven
05-15-2007, 09:51 AM
I'm getting mine down this Saturday and going with 35% cause I just don't want to have to deal with any problems. The place I'm taking it did my wife's car last weekend with 35% and it looks pretty good so the guy said he would knock 10% off the price for mine.

I had 20% on my old and had a hard enough time trying to back up or whatever at night time and that was a ZX3 Focus, 20% in the dark parking a boat? I don't think so lol.

ctrlraven
05-15-2007, 09:55 AM

It's Russian

It would be the best to take yours "подкраску" because they have roads to make you to disappear.

Can't translate "подкраску" I guess maybe its "a packing"?

knine
05-15-2007, 01:28 PM

Some states (like Illinois) don't allow for ANY tinting on the front sides, it's not an issue of % at all.:mad2:It's supposed to be for "officer safety", but I've never approached a car 90 degrees from the side, always from the rear which the rear and rear sides are allowed to be tinted (with NO limit, even Bubbleheaded 5% if you want:poke: ). Makes no sense to me :confused: and I was in traffic for 8 1/2 years. I have a "mild" 20%, nothing like the 5% Cave pics I've seen recently:bat: . Even then, see above :confused:. As for "enhancing the coolness of the car" see my before and after pics. NO QUESTION IT LOOKS SOOOOOOOOO MUCH SWEETER !!!! Before: http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/showimage.php?i=7463&c=3&userid=6750
After: http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/showimage.php?i=7683&c=3&userid=6750 & http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/showimage.php?i=7690&c=3&userid=6750

Jolly Roger
05-15-2007, 01:33 PM
After about 15 months I finally got pulled over for the same thing :mad2: . I've been by state troopers, sheriffs, numerous suburban police and then it happened. After he wrote me the $25 ticket :shake: , he was kind enough to tell me that the tint did look good on the car but still illegal. By the way, I believe I have 5% (limo?) on my black MM which was on when I bought it.

My ticket was $55.00 for 23% on the front.
I guess i"ll just keep paying for the cool look.;)

knine
05-15-2007, 01:45 PM

Alas, the Hell we ugly, big ego'ed, small endowed people have to go thru to scream "Hey, look at me, I'm IMPORTANT" :lol:

Advancedautosec
05-15-2007, 04:44 PM
man, ive had 20% tint on every car ive had. never had any problems. my fiance takes the marauder out and she gets pulled over for it the first time out, luckily he just gave her a verbal warning, probably cause it was her, if it was me id have a ticket and removed tint. anyone thought about unplugging the master window switch so they cant roll the windows down to test the percent? can they give you a ticket if they cant test it?

DEFYANT
05-15-2007, 05:55 PM
man, ive had 20% tint on every car ive had. never had any problems. my fiance takes the marauder out and she gets pulled over for it the first time out, luckily he just gave her a verbal warning, probably cause it was her, if it was me id have a ticket and removed tint. anyone thought about unplugging the master window switch so they cant roll the windows down to test the percent? can they give you a ticket if they cant test it?

A tint meter can be attached to the glass with suction cups.

dwasson
05-15-2007, 06:35 PM

It's probably cheaper than the "enlargement surgery".

MarauderMark
05-15-2007, 07:09 PM
Defyant???
How about getting some kind of note from your doctor explaining that you need the dark tint for some kind of problem , i don't know what problem but would that work?

merc6
05-16-2007, 04:37 AM
I got pulled over in va for tint all the time as well as d.c. even with my texas tags. Md hasen't really bothered me. 35% plus the dark interior make it appear to be darker than it really is. My mazda has the same % tint but with tan interior and it appears to be lighter. Also a black car with tint looks darker than normal. 2 negatives w***** in 1 package. There is a prescription you could get basicly saying your eyes are senitive to sunlight but good luck on getting it. Also if you manage to get one, don't get pulled over and not have sunglasses on.

Ken
05-16-2007, 04:45 AM
See if your docter can write you a tint prescription. I have heard of people doing this and it works. But 5% would be pushin it. Just carry the docter note in your car all the time. LOL. Really!My brother-in-law has the note from his eye doctor.

Ken