PDA

View Full Version : All Ford Car Show

crouse
05-15-2007, 01:13 PM
The 24th Annual All Ford Car Show & Swap Meet will be held on Sunday June 3rd at Apple Valley Ford in Apple Valley, MN.

http://www.midwestshelbyclub.com/shows.html

The show runs from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm. Show admission is $2 per person and children under 12 are free. To show you car, the admission fee is $6 if you pre-register and pay before May 26th or $10 on the day of the show. See attached registration form.

You can enter for a chance to win a 1964-1/2 Mustang convertible along with dozens of other great prizes. There is also a Visiting Car Club Award for the most club cars in the show. It would be great to see a good turn out of the Twin City Marauders, so mark you calendars and get your registration in soon.

After the show I plan to have a get together at my house in Rosemount for burgers, brats & beverages. Everyone is welcome so bring the wife & kids.

If you plan to show your Marauder, please mark either class 2700 or class 900 if you are completely stock on the registration form and add member of Twin City Marauders.

I’d like to try and group all of the Marauders together, so I was thinking about meeting at the far end of the Target parking lot at the corner of Cedar Ave & County Road 42 around 8:30 am. Then we can drive to the show as one big group and they will try to park us all together.

Please let me know if you can make it to the show and if you plan on coming to my house after the show so I know how many to expect.

Thanks,
Curt

superford3
05-16-2007, 05:17 PM
i will be attending the car show and could meet up with you at your house just give me directions to your house

crouse
05-17-2007, 06:25 AM
Glad you'll be attending the show. I'll have directions for you and others that plan on coming over on the day of the show. Thanks, Curt

jdando
05-17-2007, 08:10 PM
If I am in town I will be there, unless the boss has other plans:shake:

jeremy

MMinMN
05-18-2007, 12:46 PM
unless it's raining I will be there. I entered a Mark VIII there years ago so I know where it is.

crouse
05-28-2007, 06:19 AM
I'd like to try and get a head count of who's planning on attending the All Ford Car Show this weekend. So far I've got superford3, MMinMN & LimoMerc, and a maybe from jdando.

Is everyone ok with meeting at the Target parking lot and then driving to the show as one group or do you just want to just meet at the show? Let me know what works best for you.

Remember to please mark either class 2700 or class 900 if you are completely stock on the registration form and add member of Twin City Marauders.

Thanks again,
Curt

Grifter
05-28-2007, 08:50 AM
I'm going.
Are we planning on showing? I wasnt. I was just going to walk the show and socialize

OneBADLsE
05-28-2007, 11:37 AM
i'm signed up for the feild and to show

jdando
05-28-2007, 01:06 PM
i'm signed up for the feild and to show

That is going to be a heck of a commute....or are you in Minneapolis for a visit?

jeremy

crouse
05-28-2007, 06:43 PM
I'm going.
Are we planning on showing? I wasnt. I was just going to walk the show and socialize

So far, I think I've got 7 or 8 Marauders that are planning on coming. I'm trying to get as many Marauders as possible. Mine is not show quality, I'm just going for quantity. I think it would be great if you would enter yours.

TooManyFords
05-28-2007, 06:55 PM
I too am planning to be there. I've got all the bugs worked out of ProRauder now and it's running great. I would like to take off Friday afternoon and make a weekend of it. Having been a native Minneapple-ite (50th & Colfax) I really miss cruising around the parkways.

What is the theme on the lakes for this weekend? Anything? Too soon for Aquatennial?

And what is this mythical place called "Porkey's"? Sounds like a hoot to me!

See you all next weekend.

John

mnxtrik8r
05-28-2007, 07:36 PM
Ill try and make it.Still unsure what to do to the trans (no problems,just maintainance) change fluid,filter,etc or if I should play with the control body while I've got the pan off.I'm not sure how much a tune will change the quality.We'll see.

jdando
05-28-2007, 08:36 PM
Ill try and make it.Still unsure what to do to the trans (no problems,just maintainance) change fluid,filter,etc or if I should play with the control body while I've got the pan off.I'm not sure how much a tune will change the quality.We'll see.

Unless you have some very unusual needs I think the shifting schedule with a hand-held tuner should be enough.

What mileage are you at? Pan drop and filter are "easy enough" to do in the garage. I did that and then installed the FoMoCo racing tranny pan with drain plug to simplify future changes.

jeremy

Grifter
05-29-2007, 04:42 AM

if your talking about the Jmod, go for it. its easy, we dont have to replace any hard parts, just drill holes in the separater gasket.

mnxtrik8r
05-29-2007, 05:09 AM
I have done a "J-MOd" in a 4r70w that was in a Tbird a couple of years ago,pretty simple.But from what I 've been finding out the 4r75w has had these done already.The jury is still out.

mnxtrik8r
05-29-2007, 05:11 AM
P.S. I'm at 27,xxx miles.

Grifter
05-29-2007, 07:24 AM
it does have all of the upgraded internal parts, all 03+ 4R's do. but i'm willing to bet that the holes are still the same slow filling ones as always...

crouse
05-29-2007, 07:41 AM
The penalty for hi-jacking my thread is you now have to wash & wax your Marauder and bring it to the car show on Sunday. Failure to do so will result in the use of un-neccessary force in apprehending you.

crouse
05-29-2007, 10:50 AM
I too am planning to be there. I've got all the bugs worked out of ProRauder now and it's running great. I would like to take off Friday afternoon and make a weekend of it. Having been a native Minneapple-ite (50th & Colfax) I really miss cruising around the parkways.

What is the theme on the lakes for this weekend? Anything? Too soon for Aquatennial?

And what is this mythical place called "Porkey's"? Sounds like a hoot to me!

See you all next weekend.

John

John, If you are looking for something to do on Saturday, the Milwaukee Road #261 steam locomotive is pulling an excursion train from the Harrison Street yard in north Minneapolis to Duluth and then back on Sunday. I'm going to see the train at the yard then chase and photograph it to maybe Cambridge or Hinkley.

http://www.261.com/

This excursion has been sold out since April, so there in no mention of it on their web site.

PM me if you want more info.

Curt

OneBADLsE
05-29-2007, 02:21 PM
That is going to be a heck of a commute....or are you in Minneapolis for a visit?

jeremy

oops...i thought this was a PA all ford show, lol...

HookedOnCV
05-30-2007, 03:56 PM
I'm planning on going too. I thought about entering my car, but it is past its prime - daily driver and kids that move their bikes in and out of the garage without regard for my car - got to try to polish out some of those scratches... :(

I'll meet up with everyone at the show! John it will be good to see your car again...haven't been to Cedar Falls, IA since two years ago...before the ProRauder concept really came together.

crouse
05-31-2007, 07:36 AM
My Marauder has numerous garage scratches also. Wash & wax that beast and bring it over Sunday. They'll be looking at the supercharger instead of the body anyway. I'll buy you a snow cone.

HookedOnCV
05-31-2007, 10:57 AM
So far, I think I've got 7 or 8 Marauders that are planning on coming. I'm trying to get as many Marauders as possible. Mine is not show quality, I'm just going for quantity. I think it would be great if you would enter yours.

If you guys don't mind a Black Pre-Marauder (a.k.a. Crown Vic) hanging out with you guys, I'll get 'er cleaned up on Saturday night, but won't be there until 10 - 11 am time frame.

Try to save me a space in the show next to the Marauder group. Hopefully people will notice the s/c and not the scratches.

See you there!

Todd

jdando
05-31-2007, 01:03 PM
Yeah Todd!

See you Sunday

jeremy

superford3
05-31-2007, 03:13 PM
now my plans may have time to show up for a little while

Grifter
06-01-2007, 04:27 AM
So whats the plan with the impending crappy weather?

jdando
06-01-2007, 06:24 AM
So whats the plan with the impending crappy weather?

Burnouts on Curt's driveway?

TooManyFords
06-01-2007, 06:27 AM
I changed the plan to be coming up Saturday afternoon, cruising the parkways and then going to Porkeys Sat. night. Sunday I am going to meet up with the SVTOA-TC crowd and drive over with them.

However, if it even smells like rain I will probably not come. I'll be watching the radar Saturday for sure.

Here's to hoping it stays clear!

John

crouse
06-01-2007, 08:37 AM
As of now the weather forcast looks good for Sunday morning.

We need to decide if we want to meet offsite then drive to the show as one group or just meet at the show and what time works best for everyone. The show starts at 9:00 am and gates open at 8:00 am.

Curt

crouse
06-01-2007, 08:44 AM
Burnouts on Curt's driveway?

LOL. My driveway is not long enough for Jeremy's burnouts.

Grifter
06-01-2007, 09:28 AM
I'd think it would make sense to meet up before and drive as a group, that way we can all park as 1 unit.

jdando
06-01-2007, 10:57 AM
I'd think it would make sense to meet up before and drive as a group, that way we can all park as 1 unit.

(Beavis/Butthead voice on) huu-huu...he said unit

jdando
06-01-2007, 02:26 PM
However, if it even smells like rain I will probably not come. ...Here's to hoping it stays clear!

John

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/3/1/0/2/therockap.jpg

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/3/1/0/2/Rock_Jabroni.jpg

Rain in Minneapolis right now :(

Grifter
06-01-2007, 02:27 PM
well lets hope that it gets it all out of its system by sunday..

crouse
06-01-2007, 09:13 PM
Ok guys. Let's meet at the far end of the Target parking lot on the southeast corner of Cedar Ave & County Road 42 in Apple Valley at around 8:30 - 8:45. I'll bring some donuts for breakfast. We can then drive to the show as one group (notice I didn't say unit, huu huu) which is only about 2 blocks away. I printed some Registration Forms and filled in some of the obvious information to speed up that process. I'll PM you guys with my cell phone number if you need to contact me.

Again, everyone is welcome at my house after the show for burgers, brats & beverages. You are welcome to bring your significant other and children if that applies to you situation. I'll have directions for you at the show.

Anything else I've missed?

Let's hope for good weather and a big turn out of Marauders.

Thanks,
Curt

jdando
06-02-2007, 04:39 PM
What is the plan if it is looking like rain?

The forecast is not promising :(

Detailed Local Forecast

How to Read This (http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/weather/navigating/weather-21.html)

Tonight: Thunderstorms, especially during the evening. Low 57F. Winds WNW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 40%.
Tomorrow: Showers and thundershowers likely. High 73F. Winds NNW at 20 to 30 mph. Chance of rain 60%.
Tomorrow night: Variable clouds and windy at times with thunderstorms, especially during the evening. Low 57F. NNW winds at 20 to 30 mph, diminishing to 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 40%.
jeremy

TooManyFords
06-02-2007, 04:46 PM
It's too late now! I'm checked into the AmericInn right across from Apple Valley Ford! So, how do I find Porkeys?

John

Grifter
06-02-2007, 05:02 PM
Hit University Ave. Porky's is right on it, near Snelling IIRC
Either way, if you find Universtiy, just cruise it, you cant miss it.

TooManyFords
06-02-2007, 05:04 PM
Ok, heading out to University now!

john

crouse
06-02-2007, 09:25 PM
See you in the Target parking lot around 8:30- 8:45. I'll have donuts.

Curt

HookedOnCV
06-02-2007, 11:02 PM
I should be there between 10:30 and 11:00 tomorrow morning. If you guys can save me a spot at the end of (or somewhere in the middle) of the Marauder section, that would be great.

See everyone there tomorrow! John, I'm really looking forward to meeting ProRauder!!!

Todd

jdando
06-03-2007, 04:46 AM
See you in the Target parking lot around 8:30- 8:45. I'll have donuts.

Curt

Yeah Donuts!

See you in a little while.

jeremy

TooManyFords
06-03-2007, 08:56 PM
I found Porky's!

http://www.cvmusclecars.com/gallery/files/2/DSC03384.JPG

LOL!

The rest of the pictures I took are hosted here:

http://www.cvmusclecars.com/gallery/browseimages.php?c=13

Oh, and I managed to grab a 2nd place trophy for my class...

Rock on!

john

Grifter
06-04-2007, 04:39 AM
best pic of the bunch :D
http://www.cvmusclecars.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=329&c=13

Eric91Z
06-04-2007, 05:47 PM
Who's Black Marauder with the black wheels? What size wheels and tires are those. That looks pretty sweet.

crouse
06-04-2007, 07:17 PM
That would be Luke (Grifter). I believe they are 20's, but either PM him or maybe he'll reply.

superford3
06-04-2007, 10:12 PM
i wish i could have seen the pure evil car in person

Grifter
06-05-2007, 06:42 AM
Yep, thats me.
They are 20" black bullits
20x8.5 fronts and 20x10 rears

Eric91Z
06-05-2007, 04:36 PM
Yep, thats me.
They are 20" black bullits
20x8.5 fronts and 20x10 rears

While I don't normally like black (or colored at all) wheels, that looks sweet. Nice size combination and it fills out the rear wheel wells nicely.

What size tires?

Grifter
06-06-2007, 04:42 AM
275/40 rears and 255/35 fronts
the 275's were the only tires I could seem to find in 20" size that had the right height for the rear. I wouldnt have minded a little wider tire, I just couldnt find one.

it does fill out the rear very nicely. The front needs to be lowered a bit to make it look proportional though IMO..