PDA

View Full Version : Quietest Upgraded brake kit.

Marauder.45
05-15-2007, 07:10 PM
I was hoping that EBC was a quiet kit, but just saw a thread where the guy was getting squeal. And, it says on the box that they make noise.:(

KVR is my other choice, but I read squeal on those too.

The Wilwoods are out of the budget.

So let me know what you have, and how is the squeal. I need new brakes, so it's time to upgrade. Budget is less than $1000 for front and rear, not including labor.

KillJoy
05-15-2007, 07:13 PM
I was hoping that EBC was a quiet kit, but just saw a thread where the guy was getting squeal. And, it says on the box that they make noise.:(

KVR is my other choice, but I read squeal on those too.

The Wilwoods are out of the budget.

So let me know what you have, and how is the squeal. I need new brakes, so it's time to upgrade. Budget is less than $1000 for front and rear, not including labor.

I have the EBC Kit from DR. There is ZERO, I mean ZERO squeel.

When I installed the kit, I applied some anti squeel to the Rotors.

+1

KillJoy

BruteForce
05-15-2007, 07:49 PM
Squeal is going to be more a factor of the pads not the rotors.

Marauder.45
05-15-2007, 08:05 PM
Sounds like I'm okay with the EBC then.

If I go down to the Napa, are they going to have "anti squeal" for rotors?

Is there a brand name?

KillJoy
05-15-2007, 08:17 PM
Sounds like I'm okay with the EBC then.

If I go down to the Napa, are they going to have "anti squeal" for rotors?

Is there a brand name?

Tomorrow I will post up the stuff I use.... IF I still have the can. I got it from Advanced Auto Parts and the car did say it stopped squealing brakes. Good Suff!!!

+1

KillJoy

Marauder.45
05-16-2007, 03:31 PM
Cool. Appreciate the help. :beer: :cheers:

ctrlraven
05-17-2007, 01:48 PM
Speaking of the noisy EBC brakes, I was talking with the Mechanic next door that was doing my oil change and I asked him if he would take a look at the brakes since they are still making noise after 3K miles on them. After bringing me my car back he said the EBC "green stuff" pads are just way to hard and have too much metallic in them because he could see where they were making a nice groove into the rotor and said def. go get some Motorcraft pads and just use those.

So I guess maybe it's a hit or miss with the pads and the "green stuff" ones are suppose to be the street ones not ones designed for auto-x or anything like it. I'm going to pick up a set of the OEM pads and switch them over and see where I am after those are installed.

Nothing like stopping on a dime from 45 mph or below but anything about that it actually makes me scared if I were to have to do a panic stop for whatever reason.

OneBADLsE
05-17-2007, 03:26 PM
My motorcraft pads do have a squeal. They have close to 5k on them and its been like that since they were new.

However, they do tend to cause less brake dust emission...ALOT LESS!

shami02
05-20-2007, 04:21 PM
I just did the EBC upgrade using the red pads... from the documentation there are red, green and yellow pad set each for a specific application or use... I believe I remember there is a red/yellow mix set also. The included booklet said something about the red pads (the ones I have) being severe duty pads, they also had POLICE imprinted on the back of the pad.... anyway I put them on and did a few hard stops to seat the pads and I don't have much noise at all with no squealing There is a bit of a rubbing sound if I am just lightly applying the brakes, but if I step on it hard there is no noise, definitely no squeals.....

shami02
05-20-2007, 04:32 PM
I just did the EBC upgrade using the red pads... from the documentation there are red, green and yellow pad set each for a specific application or use... I believe I remember there is a red/yellow mix set also. The included booklet said something about the red pads (the ones I have) being severe duty pads, they also had POLICE imprinted on the back of the pad.... anyway I put them on and did a few hard stops to seat the pads and I don't have much noise at all with no squealing There is a bit of a rubbing sound if I am just lightly applying the brakes, but if I step on it hard there is no noise, definitely no squeals.....

They do seem to have quite a bit of pad blood.. But that could be from them being new.... I see if the dust cuts down as they age a bit more

Mike