PDA

View Full Version : where to get a tune near Branson?

whd507
05-19-2007, 08:53 PM
I'm leaning towards an excal2, but am a little afraid of getting a mail-order tune, due to comments I see here on the site. is there any Marauder-experienced folk in southern Missouri?

Kansas City? St Louis? Little Rock?

the car is stock for now, thinking intake spacer.excal 2 and then wait on more mods till next year

am I wrong about mail-order tunes? I would like to use a vendor here, what can I expect?:burnout:

SamF
05-19-2007, 09:28 PM
The vendors here have some very good stock tunes for these cars...they make a world of difference.

Marauderjack
05-20-2007, 02:46 AM
Call Dave Lamberson in Springfield...417-873-9900...tell him I sent ya!!:beer:

Marauderjack:burnout:

whd507
05-20-2007, 04:49 AM
as I understand it, I can store programs outside the programmer unit? so I'm not limited to three? my intention was to purchase the unit with two tunes installed, store the two and the stock tune on a disk, and then replace one of the settings on the programmer with a local dyno tune. am I off base? I've never used a programmer before, only sold them.

thanks for all the help guys, I'm almost there,
can anyone describe the tunes they got from vendors here? I was thinking Reinhart or innovative interceptors for the excal2, what else should I consider? I will be staying with 3.55s this year for sure, but may swap in the future.

thanx again

Marauderjack
05-20-2007, 05:47 AM
as I understand it, I can store programs outside the programmer unit? so I'm not limited to three? my intention was to purchase the unit with two tunes installed, store the two and the stock tune on a disk, and then replace one of the settings on the programmer with a local dyno tune. am I off base? I've never used a programmer before, only sold them.

thanks for all the help guys, I'm almost there,
can anyone describe the tunes they got from vendors here? I was thinking Reinhart or innovative interceptors for the excal2, what else should I consider? I will be staying with 3.55s this year for sure, but may swap in the future.

thanx again

Talk with Dave and see what he will do for ya......With my DiabloSport I have 6-8 tunes that....yes, may be stored on your computer or a CD along with the "Stock" tune!! Dave can manipulate the TC locking for your style of driving as well!!

I have one tune with TC locking in 4th only at 50 MPH and the current tune locks the TC in 3rd and 4th around 43 MPH....good for around town if you drive with O/D OFF.....3rd will lock the TC at about 43 MPH and UNLOCK before downshifting when accelerating....VERY IMPORTANT to unlock the TC before the downshift!!

Go to www.injectedracing.com and see what he has for ya!!

You can also buy a ProCharger kit from FIT and get free tunes for LIFE!!!:beer: :bows:

Marauderjack:burnout: