PDA

View Full Version : F.I.T. #19 Drag Racing Video

HwyCruiser
05-26-2007, 06:23 PM
Hot off the video processor, here's BJ testing out his new dyno'ed tune at KCIR last night...

IkGdBAyCmrU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkGdBAyCmrU

BJ came down to visit family but also got to break away for some quality Marauder time. Wednesday the garage was busy changing oil and putting in a new idler pulley and belt (****g belt!), Thursday it was off to Springfield to "upgrade" to the new tune and get the AFR dialed in, and then we hit the track last night. Good backyard cookout today (*stuffed*) and now he's back to visit the kids.

Good to have you down BJ! You're welcome anytime!

KillJoy
05-26-2007, 06:32 PM
Nice Vid, and NICE TIME!!!!

KillJoy

teamrope
05-26-2007, 07:29 PM
BJ came down to visit family but also got to break away for some quality Marauder time. Wednesday the garage was busy changing oil and putting in a new idler pulley and belt (****g belt!), Thursday it was off to Springfield to "upgrade" to the new tune and get the AFR dialed in, and then we hit the track last night. Good backyard cookout today (*stuffed*) and now he's back to visit the kids.

Good to have you down BJ! You're welcome anytime!

Thanks for all you did for me while I was down here, and thanks for shooting and editing the vidio. Some day you guys will have to come up to the NW where we got the good 12 second air, you may even see a high 11 out of your car there. :beer:

BruteForce
05-26-2007, 07:44 PM
What kind of power you pulling now BJ?

Wish I had relatives to visit that lived close to a competent tuner. All mine are in California or have moved back here. :(

HwyCruiser
05-26-2007, 07:51 PM
Thanks for all you did for me while I was down here, and thanks for shooting and editing the vidio. Some day you guys will have to come up to the NW where we got the good 12 second air, you may even see a high 11 out of your car there. :beer:

BTW, being only .4 sec off your best in the heat and humidity we had last night wasn't too shabby, especially since you were running OEM tires and a "stock" street tune. Get back, put that new PI in, slap on the drag radials, and load up the special sauce tune and get 'er done! It sure was nice to line up against you and then have to chase you down though.

Me >>> :flamer: <<< "Mr. Reaction Time"

I tell you what, I sure needed the Marauder time. Wrenching, dynos and drag racing with a good friend... man it just doesn't get any better than that.

:beer:

teamrope
05-26-2007, 08:01 PM
Nice Vid, and NICE TIME!!!!

KillJoy
Thanks Stevo. JD Did a nice job on the editing.

What kind of power you pulling now BJ?

Wish I had relatives to visit that lived close to a competent tuner. All mine are in California or have moved back here. :(

Conditions were Temp: 74 degrees, 29.05 BP, 60% Humidity.
381.07 RWHP, 379.57 RWT.

I forget what kind of Mustang tuner Claude and Chuck told you to look for, but I bet one of the NW Mustang guys could point you in the right direction. :beer:

teamrope
05-26-2007, 08:04 PM
BTW, being only .4 sec off your best in the heat and humidity we had last night wasn't too shabby, especially since you were running OEM tires and a "stock" street tune. Get back, put that new PI in, slap on the drag radials, and load up the special sauce tune and get 'er done! It sure was nice to line up against you and then have to chase you down though.

Me >>> :flamer: <<< "Mr. Reaction Time"

I tell you what, I sure needed the Marauder time. Wrenching, dynos and drag racing with a good friend... man it just doesn't get any better than that.

:beer:

So far I've spent more time with JD than I have with the kids on this trip. :lol:

And it doesn't get any better than this.... (Unless a new personal best is involved. ;) )

DEFYANT
05-26-2007, 10:34 PM
Sweet!!

...makes me wanna go to the track :D

teamrope
05-26-2007, 10:44 PM
Sweet!!

...makes me wanna go to the track :D

Thanks Charley. Now you gotta go scratch that itch. :burn:

ckadiddle
05-27-2007, 05:58 AM
Awesome video. Thanks for posting.

Blue03
05-27-2007, 08:00 AM
Nice Vid... Looks like BJ took the Charger... Do you know how the Charger was equipted?

HwyCruiser
05-27-2007, 08:39 AM
Nice Vid... Looks like BJ took the Charger... Do you know how the Charger was equipted?

The Magnum SRT8? It was 100% stock. BJ got the win on reaction time. Then we took all the junk out of BJ's trunk and put it in mine just in case the Magnum wanted a rematch (LOL!). :D

fastblackmerc
05-27-2007, 08:48 AM
Nice video! It's good to spank all them ricers.

Blue03
05-27-2007, 09:22 AM
The Magnum SRT8? It was 100% stock. BJ got the win on reaction time. Then we took all the junk out of BJ's trunk and put it in mine just in case the Magnum wanted a rematch (LOL!). :D

It did look like a nice launch...the announcer at the end of the vid said something I couldn't quite make out and thought it might have been an early go...Glad it was good... The announcer was right it first when he thought it would be a good race... even better it was an SRT8

tmac1337
05-27-2007, 10:28 AM
Great Video Guys!

MarauderTJA
05-27-2007, 04:23 PM
Great video BJ, way to represent:beer: