PDA

View Full Version : EBC Rotor Installed

Dan19063
05-27-2007, 12:09 PM
I put on my EBC slotted/dimpled rotor from DR last weekend. I was wondering which way the slots were supposed to face. I saw a post that said they should face the ground like the blade of a saw. But mine face toward the back of the car. I hope this is right because the rotors were marked left and right. I put the left ones on the drivers side and right on the other. But this makes the end of the slots face toward the back of the car. Is this right? I am getting some noise, not to bad, only have put 300 miles on it since I put them on. They seem to give off more dust than the OEM pads. Can anyone that has these let me know if I have them on right. If you look at the post from Dennis on the group buy for these rotors it shows a picture of the left rotor this is on my drivers side...see how they don't face the ground like a saw blade......PLEASE ADVISE :beatnik:

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=24337&highlight=ebc+brakes

gonzo50
05-27-2007, 12:31 PM
I have the same kit, you have them on right......left for drivers side, and right for passenger side.

jimlam56
05-27-2007, 12:58 PM
I'd like to hear from those of you that have installed this kit, or others.
A brake upgrade for my MM is coming up soon...

Hotrauder
05-27-2007, 05:55 PM
I'd like to hear from those of you that have installed this kit, or others.
A brake upgrade for my MM is coming up soon...

Jim, my experience, I have to believe is not typical as others that have the EBC brakes seem to be very happy with them. I have had mine worked on by the brake shop that installed them, my Ford dealer twice and carfixer spent 3 hours on a Saturday evening at his shop in Ft. Myers after driving my car around the building and into the shop for my Naake install. I have worse stopping ability than stock, even with the SS lines. If I had kept the original rotors and pads I would put them back on in a minute. I am going to a big brake system just as soon as my piggy bank weighs enough. Dennis

ctrlraven
05-27-2007, 09:05 PM
I have had my kit (not from DR) installed for about 3K miles now. I got the "Green Stuff" pads. It stops awesome at 45mph or below, anything above that and it feels like I have to stand on the pedal. The mechanic next door to my work that put them on said when I had him check them out because of the awful noise they make that they are too hard of a pad for the rotor and should switch to an OEM pad. He showed me the markings in the rotor where the pad has really dug into them. I do a lot of highway 55-75mph driving so high speed stopping or at least better slowing down rate is important to me. Once I get some Ford OEM pads on it I'll see how that goes and report back.

Zack
05-28-2007, 04:34 AM
Buy Napa Ceramix pads

TKde0
05-28-2007, 05:34 AM
Slotted rotors are meant to allow the gas buildup between the pads and the rotors to have an escape path. The slots should face outward are the car moves, meaning the pad moves over them from the inside to the outside as the rotor rotates.

larryo340
05-28-2007, 05:45 AM
Slotted rotors are meant to allow the gas buildup between the pads and the rotors to have an escape path. The slots should face outward are the car moves, meaning the pad moves over them from the inside to the outside as the rotor rotates.
:confused::confused::confused:

gonzo50
05-28-2007, 04:45 PM

That's a negative. The BAER brakes kit has the slots facing forward, but the vanes in the rotors also face forward and are that way for cooling purpose.:coolman: