PDA

View Full Version : Website Updates

MM03MOK
05-28-2007, 08:30 AM
The website software has been updated with the latest release. One change is that the database now remembers what threads you've read, instead of reyling on your cookies, which time out after a short period of time. It'll take a couple of days to catch up. If it bothers you, go to Quick Links and select "Mark Forums Read." This will bring you current.

A new feature, Unread Posts has been added to the Welcome box. This will find new posts anywhere. New Posts is under Quick Links. Today's Posts is on the Nav Bar and under Quick Links.

The Arcade has been brought back, bigger and better than ever!!! The Arcade is only available to registered Members with at least one post. The Arcade is not available to Guests or Users with incomplete registrations.

The Gallery will be tackled in the near future. The company that created the current Gallery was bought out by the company that owns our previous Gallery. I predict we'll lose some pictures in the transition. More to come on that. Some times you have to take a step or two back to move forward.

All of the upgrades and new features are possible through the support of our vendors and the generosity of our Membership. Thank you!

Let the Games Begin! :woohoo:

Bluerauder
05-29-2007, 03:42 AM
Is anyone else out there having difficulty tracking posts since the latest "Upgrade"? The prior system seemed to be much easier and all posts were listed. Unread posts were in BOLD. Others were UNBOLDED. Now some of them seem to disappear altogether depending on whether you look at "New Posts", "Today's Posts" or "Unread Posts". Seems confusing to me after more than 3 years with the old system. I guess that I'll eventually adapt to this new system .... but I refuse to consider it an upgrade. :P

IT folks seem to like to always :fix: non-problems. ;)

Also heard that the Photo Gallery might be flushed again due to provider issues. I certainly hope that I don't lose everything AGAIN. :(

MarauderMark
05-29-2007, 03:56 AM
Also heard that the Photo Gallery might be flushed again due to provider issues. I certainly hope that I don't lose everything AGAIN. :(

Yes i hope we can get fair warning so maybe we can keep some before they go:D

MM03MOK
05-29-2007, 05:37 AM
Now some of them seem to disappear altogether depending on whether you look at "New Posts", "Today's Posts" or "Unread Posts". To be helpful to us, you're going to need to be more specific...exactly which had exactly what missing?

Sometimes, we have little choice in doing the upgrades due to bugs and errors in the system software that may not be apparent. We're trying real hard to make this a secure and safe website, with weekly backups of our very large database.

Here's your Fair Warning about the Gallery. I don't know what will happen. The current Gallery is no longer supported, which means if there are problems, they can't be fixed.

Speaking of problems, that's the situation with the Time Slip Database. It is no longer supported by the Author so we can't fix the timeslips linking to avatars instead of timeslips. I've started deleting the data for members that no longer own their car. I know it's a race for the Top Dog, but 2-4 year old timeslips don't keep it very competitive and current. If anyone knows of a currently supported timeslip database, please let me know.