PDA

View Full Version : Trilogy............

Zack
07-01-2003, 12:34 PM
To Jerry and others, you now have many interested in your supercharger including myself. Instead of us calling you everyday asking when it will be ready for sale, I ask that you keep us updated, even the smallest detail. We'd like to feel 'in tune' with Trilogy and the supercharger before its release. Any 411 will be appreciated!!!!!!!!!!

Zack
07-01-2003, 12:35 PM
To all on the forum..........

Please back me up with this request. The only way to show interest is in NUMBERS!

Menace
07-01-2003, 01:44 PM
^^^^^YA, WHAT HE SAID^^^^^

I GOT YOUR BACK-ZACK :up:

BigMerc
07-01-2003, 02:14 PM
Well they should know by know we have the interest, but I have a hard time chasing someone to give them my money. I'll give them the money but ill be damned if I have to run them down to do it.

Jerry Barnes
07-01-2003, 06:05 PM
O.K. you guys. It takes a lot of time to answer all of the questions all of you have. I came back to work last night at 9:00PM, after spending my entire day in Jury duty, to address questions about the Open House and had some computer technical difficulties. I want to be as responsive as I can. So here goes:

KIT AVAILABILITY :

Right now are starting to get parts for the kits. We THINK that we will have kits assembled by the end of July. We are working our butts off to get our suppliers to meet our deadlines. But, you should also know some of the details. We have made some technical changes to improve the design and engineering of the components. We have also asked the suppliers to anodize or powder coat all components so they look like new, for a long time!
I am a Hot Rodder and there is nothing I hate more then buying something that tarnishes in a couple of weeks. I want my cars to looks great for years with simple cleaning. Its a little thing, but I am pretty picky!

We are working with suppliers from the U.S. (including Ford), Brazil and China. We would like to have all of the components made in the U.S., I am a patriot too, but the cost would drvie you folkjs away and we would never hit our $5,000 kit price target. We have received some samples yesterday and they looked great, but we have others to test and inspect.

FORD's INVOLVEMENT :

Ford is our largest customer for engineering services. We know their operations well. We have many supporters inside of Ford, but this is not a Ford Project, this is a Trilogy Motorsports Projects and we will run it our way. We have recently been asked to ask to bring our car to the 2003 SEMA Show and be at the Lincoln/Mercury Display. They have looked at some of our sketches for body changes to the front fascia and want to include them on the SEMA car. We are waiting to hear back from Ford about next steps on body changes. We considered that a very positive sign from Ford. They asked us, we did not ask them.

Ford Racing recently approached us to offer our kit in their Racing Catalog. So we had several discussions and it looks like that might happen later this year. But, we are finalizing the deal right now. If that happens, and I say "IF", then you could purchase the kit directly from Trilogy Motorsports or through a Ford or Lincoln/Mercury dealer. We still need to sign the agreement. It would be branded Ford Racing/Trilogy Motorsports if you bought it through a dealer and just Trilogy Motorsports if you bought it through us. The price would be the same. I have been working with a great bunch of people at Ford Racing and we think it would be a win for both of our companies. But, regardless of what happens with Ford, our plans will remain the same. Remember, they asked us, we did not ask them.

YOUR MONEY :

I do not want anyone's money until we have a kit to ship. We have made all of the investment in this project and not used anyone elses money. That is not the way we do business. I had a conversation a year ago with Vic Edelbrock about this project and Vic asked "Do you need me(Vic) to invest in this project?" my answer was no. When we have something to show you, I will give you a call.

That is why I am not taking deposits, which many people have offered. I don't want your money until I have something to sent you. I am just as impatient about this project as all of you, but I will not sacrifice quality for profit. Let's all be patient. I can say that since I already have this supoercharger on my car and I am loving it(smile)!

THE OPEN HOUSE :

We had a great time. Did I ever mention I love doing burn outs!!! Especially in front of prospective customers. It was fun, there was a ton of great information that was exchanged. Steve Babcock was here all day and really gave everyone an understanding of his struggle inside a big company to get this idea to market. He was fantastic! And if you ever want to send Steve a note his email address is sbabcock@ford.com. He is going to shoot me for giving that out. I have a lot of questions that need to be addressed about comments from the Open House but I will respond to "Billatpro's" email. It going to be very long and have to address many questions. So I will do it in another email later tonight after I have had something to eat.

I will say that we are already planning on doing another Open House in October to give those that could not make a chance to come in and meet us and drive the car, look at the parts, have a hot dog, etc. When we finalize the date I will send out a note to everyone.

Some people made a comment about the turn out at our Open House. I was puzzled by the comment that 60 people RSVP and 20 showed up. We don't know why. We bought plenty of hotdogs and pop, had plenty of staff on hand to address questions, allowed ample parking, etc. But, we did get 60 people saying they were coming, but it was a big Hot Rod weekend with St. Ignace and the Down River Dream Cruise. Who know? We did get several emails Monday morning expressing their regret for having other commitments and not be able to attend. It happens, that is why we will have another Open House in October.

Just a comment, we are car enthusiast also. We are not here to just sell superchargers, we enjoy cruising, exchanging ideas, just general BSing , etc. It was great meeting everyone. Let me say that I am a member of Harley Owners Group(HOG), SCCA, Viper Owners, Good Guys, Ducati Club, Jaguars Club of America, etc.
I LOVE THIS STUFF!

We offered to help establish the Michigan Mercury Marauders Club and everyone, the 20 that were there, said they wanted to participate also, so stay tuned. We are contacting some real Marauder owners to run this with our support and assistance. There were guys from Illinios, Indiana and Ohio present and they asked if we could have a Mid-Western Mercury Marauder Owners Club. I don't have a problem with that. What does everyone else think?

O.K., its 9:00PM, I am hungry, its late and I will pick up this Q & A at home once I have had something to eat and rested for a minute.

So remember, hang on to your money, be patient, keep writing.

I used to work with Bob Lutz at Chrysler and he once told me, "you can never have too much money in the bank and too much horsepower in your car!" Sounds good to me!

Talk to you soon.

BigMerc
07-01-2003, 06:11 PM
EXCELLENT!! appreciate the informative post

jgc61sr2002
07-01-2003, 06:22 PM
Jerry - Spoken like a true gentleman. Thanks:up:

Mad4Macs
07-01-2003, 06:27 PM
It's nearly 9:30. You'll have to learn to eat "boot camp style", 'cause there's a LOT of us who aren't sleeping until we hear the rest of this saga ;) J/K!!!
Seriously though, this is some of the coolest news I've heard in a LOOONG time, and I'm beginning to drool on my valve covers.
It ain't pretty....

Zack
07-01-2003, 06:41 PM
Well so far I'm pleased. If Jerry lives up to his words he will make a lot of people happy. The power gain of this kit at the advertised price will revolutionize the way people look at muscle sedans. Gentleman and jrzygirl, we are riding a new wave into the future of American Muscle. A road we can fearlessly travel, a road where intimidation from F-bodys, Cobras and Vettes is non-existing. This might evolve into a love poem, so I will stop here.
This car kicks AZZ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Menace
07-01-2003, 06:41 PM
Thanks Jerry, any chance of bringing the Trilogy car to FFW at Epping, NH on Aug. 16&17 ?

Jerry Barnes
07-01-2003, 08:04 PM
O.K., I'm home now. I am eating my dinner while I write this note. A funning thing happened on the way home. It's a beautiful night in Detroit and I was listening to the Rolling Stones playing "Start Me Up" and what do I see in front of me, an Impala SS. I love Impala SS's in a strange sort of way. They all know that stock Marauder's aren't as fast as they are.

Well, there is a lot of traffic and he gets way ahead of me. I get around the traffic and I let the whine begin, if you know what I mean! I noticed no Drvie Shaft wabble at 130 catching this guy.
And then more traffic, he alluded me! Crap!

Let me share some other adventures in a Supercharged Marauder :

A couple of weeks ago I was coming home from work on a Saturday. I-275 to M5 in Novi, Michigan. A young gentleman pulls up next to me in a Mustang GT, 4 speed and proceeds to go from one side of the car, then the other. Checking it out. License plate was from Texas. We stop at a light and he is two lanes over and gives me the thumbs up. I return the gesture. I cannot manage to get next to him by the next light, but I get behind him. The lights changes and he goes for broke. I let him get about 50 yards in front of me and then I let that sinister whine begin. We get to about 80 mph and I start the rapid process of reeling him in. Somewhere around 110, I blow by him like he is a spectator. At the next light, he pulls up next to me with his window down and shouts 3 times "That's a Monster M%ther
F#%ker!!!". He was saying, what I was thinking.

Last Saturday night on Woodward Ave. around Lone Pine Rd. I spotted another of my favorite Impala SS's. this car was prestine. He was following an older Pontiac. I pull up next to him, we slow down to about 50. He downshifts, I think aren't SS's automatics, and he hits the gas!

Did I mention I love Impala SS's!

I slam the pedal to the carpet, BYE, BYE! He turns into Cranbrook School Grounds and I turn around also. I discover that John Moss from GM Performance was holding a big meeting with some of the most beautiful Chevy's, Pontiac's and some new Cadillac XLR's on display. I stop and the guy in the SS comes over and says that the car he was driving was a Chevy Collectable owned by GM with a Corvette drivetrain and a 6 speed transmission. He said I knew something was up when I heard that whine and you disappeared.

Did I mention that I love Impala SS's!

So I did a little burn out for the Bow Tie crowd. The looks on everyone's faces was worth every penny we paid to develop this project.

I thought since we have been talking about business all night, I would discuss some of my religous experiences in my Supercharged Marauder. Keep the faith brothers and sisters!!! And go to services regularly.

Jerry Barnes
07-01-2003, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by Menace
Thanks Jerry, any chance of bringing the Trilogy car to FFW at Epping, NH on Aug. 16&17 ?

I would love to come along, but I will be at the Woodward Dream Cruise during that time. If you can make it to Michigan I would like to get together and let you drive the car. The Dream Cruise is great and I know you would have a good time. I may have the second car completed by then. Give it some thought. I'll buy lunch!

Jerry Barnes
07-01-2003, 08:13 PM
Lidio and me are planning on being in Norwalk, Ohio a week from this weekend for Ford Fun Days at the Dragstrip. So, if anyone is in the neighborhood please stop by. Lidio is bringing his Mustang and I will bring the Marauder.

deerejoe
07-01-2003, 08:15 PM
Dang, dang, dang...I WANT A SUPERCHARGER!!!!!!

Zack
07-01-2003, 09:42 PM
Jerry, can you please explain to us how you intend to supply replacement parts should they need replacing. Where will we order them from? Will the parts be on hand or need to be custom made. Do you intend on making say 20 kits at a time or manufacture them on a customer order basis? If for some reason your company goes under, will parts be available from someone else. (Im not implying anything, just covering all the bases) If we have questions during the install (for the do-it ourselfers) will a qualified technician that actually installed one himself be at the ready to answer our questions?
I think you get my drift. Please provide the prospective buyers out here with answers to these questions and any other info we could use. Thank you.

studio460
07-02-2003, 02:50 AM
Jerry:

First, THANK YOU for the detailed info/status report as well as for those exciting street stories!!! Instead of taking more of your time away from the SC project by burdening you with dozens more questions, I'd just like to say that I certainly admire you and your company for taking the time to get it right!!! Kudos to Jerry, Lidio, and everyone at Trilogy!

I also wanted to say that for those of us some distance away from Michigan (I'm in Los Angeles), although we may not be able to make it to your events, WE ARE THERE IN SPIRIT!

Both your candor and your effort to share detailed, "inside track" information with the Marauder enthusiast community here at mm.net was VERY, VERY, VERY much appreciated . . . I'M SO DAMN EXCITED!!!

Menace
07-02-2003, 03:32 AM
Originally posted by Jerry Barnes
I would love to come along, but I will be at the Woodward Dream Cruise during that time. If you can make it to Michigan I would like to get together and let you drive the car. The Dream Cruise is great and I know you would have a good time. I may have the second car completed by then. Give it some thought. I'll buy lunch!

Sorry, but I am saving the rest of my vacation days to come to Michigan to have your kit installed by Lidio, hopefully.
Can I be the third car. :P :coolman:

darebren
07-02-2003, 04:44 AM
Jerry, I bet you still wear superman underwear!? that's some funny stuff. keep on doing burnouts!

cyclone03
07-02-2003, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by SergntMac
Bravo Jerry!

I will be ordering a kit myself, so, I will have it on hand when the time is right to purchase my third MM.

Thank you again, Jerry, and and thank your staff as well. This is a job well done.

Whats up Mac are you going to have a fleet of Marauders posted at all corners of the US so wherever your travels take you you'll allways have a SuperCharged Marauder on hand?:D

Jerry Barnes
07-02-2003, 04:42 PM
First, let me make a request to all that want information about the Supercharger. Could you guys/gals direct your questions to the Trilogy Forum. Sometimes its difficult for us "Web Challenged People" to find all of the diifferent areas these questions could be hidden on this site. If you can help me with that, I am sure I can be more responsive to your questions. Thanks in advance!

I have to get to get to SergntMac's questions or comments later tonight, but I will address Zack's questions because they are relatively quick and easy, first.

REPLACEMENT PARTS :

We will offer replacement parts through our catalog or through the Ford Racing Catalog. Our will also appear online at our Trilogy Motorsports Web Site. It should be easy and painless. And if you would like to just call and shoot the breeze, you can call me directly. If we get So big in this business, you can rest assured that I will have a dedicated person or persons with a direct dial number to contact.

There will be parts on hand because we do not want you to wait. We will even consider the fastest way to get the parts to you. I know I do not have patience to wait when one of my cars are broken. Especially in the summer!

Initially we will be producing in lot sizes of about 25. But, our purchase orders with suppliers will be for quantities of 100. We have already ordered many of the components for our first batch with some of the overseas parts cimong in about 30 days.

We are finacially in good shape, even during these difficult times and do not anticipate a "Going out of business sale". But, if a bomb dropped on our offices, we could ask Ford Racing to provide replacement components. All of the suppliers would be willing to continue production and I personnally would make sure we do not leave people hanging. And besides, this is the only job I have and I want to keep it. Hoe else do you think I fund my bad Hot Rod habit.

INSTALLATION/TECHNICAL SUPPORT :

Everything is based on the volume of units we sell. But, I always like to talk to REAL people when a have a problem or questions about something. Lidio has agreed to be our initial Technical Support Hot Line in addition to our own Engineering staff. We will have to continually evaluate the load that puts on Lidio and ourselves. Second, Lidio and me have discussed how we support Texas, East Coast, West Coast, Florida, Mid-West, etc. We have contact with other Technicians that have expressed interest in supporting our products and Lidio and me will review each one to make sure they meet our requirements, personnally. I should also mention, that many Ford and Lincoln/Mercury dealers have expressed interest in being installation centers for our products. It's an important area that we will be dealing with very shortly. In my opinion, people will be working on their cars on the weekends and I would like to assign someone to get calls during those days when you need them.

These are all very good questions. I hope that I have addressed all of the areas you needed answers.

You need to understand, I have been in the automotive industry for over 30 years. We have built a business, from nothing, over the last 6 years. We currently do about $7-8 million a year. We are small, but not too small. We have over 100 employees and are continuing to grow, even in this tough economic climate. Our biggest business is our Engineering services to Auto companies and their suppliers. The aftermarket projects are an extention of our passion for this business and our success in the automotive industry.

So, I am very confident we are here to stay and we very much want to be a well respected, profitable provider of quality aftermarket performance components. Our name and our reputation starts with this product. And like one of the gentleman pointed out last night in his note, "You will speak with your numbers/dollars". We are hoping you speak well of Trilogy Motorsports for a long time!

How's that.

It's only 8:00PM tonight, so I will go home, eat my dinner and begin to address the long notes from SargntMac. Talk to you folks in a couple of hours!

JET
07-02-2003, 07:33 PM
Jerry,

Q.-Thank you for your dedication to the Marauder but why of the cars out there is Trilogy focusing on the Marauder?

Q.-I already have plugs, stat, chip & 4.10 rear and will probly have pulleys, headers & stal converter but the time your s/c is availible. What kind of 1/4 times do you think I should expect when I add your s/c to all my other mods.

Jerry Barnes
07-02-2003, 08:05 PM
Marauder2306,

A. Well It's not so much that I am dedicated to the Marauder, it's just that by a strange set of circumstances that I got hooked up with Steve Babcock from Ford when I owned a 1999 Jaguar Intercooled Supercharged XJR. Steve use to look over my car every Sunday morning at a place we both took our families for Sunday breakfast. He use to crawl under my car while I ate breakfast and my son use to say, "Dad there is that guy looking at our car again". After many months of this, I introduced myself and Steve said he was working on the new Marauder project. He said his car needed more torque and HP. We were a Ford engineering company, the rest is how we got started. I let him take my car home and he came back and said the Marauder needed the some type of power, I said we could work on that, etc., etc., etc.

A. All of the mods you have made are fine. But, if you really want to compare the amount of torque and horsepower you have gained and the cost for getting to that level, I do not know how much performance per dollar you have received. We felt, right or wrong, that the biggest bang for every dollar spent would be achieved with an intercooled supercharger. That was our approach based on all of our calculations, cost comparisons of equipment, performance gains, ease of installation, ability to function with all of the other Ford systems(like the Engine module), durability, consistency in all types of climates, etc. So, it's not that I fell in love with the Marauder before we started the project, I didn't. I already have a Jaguar XJR, a Viper, a 39 Ford Street Rod and a 55' Jaguar. I had good cars that I enjoyed. But, once we installed our intercooled supercharger on the Marauder and I went for one ride, I AM IN LOVE NOW! For the cost of the car and the kit, This is a working guy/gal's Jaguar XJR, at a fraction of the cost! And you know what, it's a great daily driver that kicks AZZZZ. I love American cars and I never thought that a Crown Vic/Mercury Marque would turn me on, I was wrong! My Father-in-Law who is 80 drives a Marque and I never looked twice at his car. But, do what Steve Babcock has done for this car, put in a Cobra motor, put in intercooled supercharger and suddenly you feel 20 years old again, and you can haul around the kids and groceries. Unbelievable!!!! Great Job, Steve!!!!!

JET
07-02-2003, 08:24 PM
Jerry,

Thanks, count me in.

Jerry Barnes
07-02-2003, 08:47 PM
Oh, one other thing. We have intentionally kept our car stock except for the intercooled supercharger so that we got a true read on the performance of our equipment. Since we are finishing our development work, I am adding a few new items to enhance the look of the car. I called Lidio and asked him to install the new Eibach front spring kit($130), not including installation, order the space saver spare tire for weight reduction and tint the windows a little. I really am getting in to this "SLAMMED" look. Dave Popovich did some of these things to his car and it really looks cool! You can lower the rear suspension with a minor adjustment to the height sensor in the rear, the front needs the new Eibach springs. By the way, don't just cut the front springs, Eibach says its not good for handling.

Lidio asked us to have a pair of stock wheels widened about 1 1/2 inches. We did that and put Nitto Street Drag Radials on them. Looks very cool! We only use them when we take the car to Drag Strip, which is every other weekend.

I told Lidio, I want to do the same and use wider stock tires in front and back. It's a big car and I think it would be better looking to put wider front and rear tires on the car. I will let everyone know how it turns out. Maybe even post some pictures.

Also, what does everyone think about designing a trunk based battery holder for better weight distribution?

Have a good night everyone, talk to you tomorrow!

gonzo50
07-02-2003, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by NBC Shooter
I also wanted to say that for those of us some distance away from Michigan (I'm in Los Angeles), although we may not be able to make it to your events, WE ARE THERE IN SPIRIT!
DITTO. I'm in the SouthEast area, Georgia, and wish that I could attend the open house because I'm interested in the Eaton SuperCharger.
Awesome information on the project Jerry Barnes, and the stories too. :up:

Zack
07-02-2003, 09:55 PM
I dont know about the rest of you, but I kind of like having Jerry aboard now. As the Sarge would say, Where ya been Jerry, you were hidin' in the weeds for a while there.
Anyway, thank you to Jerry, you will make many a confident buyer if you remain active on this site.
Oh, by the way, if you could start a 'Countdown' to the release of the S/C we will all be on our toes.

MAD-3R
07-03-2003, 06:51 AM
Ands with a repositioned Battery, If we go to a track, we would need an external cutoff switch.

deerejoe
07-03-2003, 08:23 AM
To: Jerry Barnes, Trilogy Motorsports

The addition of a performance and quality tested supercharger to a 'bone stock' MM 300A is an exciting prospect.
Speaking for myself, I can get into enough trouble (speeding, etc.) without 'added' performance. However, if FMC can abide the Trilogy enhancement; without endangering the functionality and durability aspects of their product, then I might be more than agreeable to the installation.

Please keep in mind that minimal components relate to minimal cost overall. Suspensions, wheels, tires, battery relocation, etc. are all cost escalators. If the supercharger installation REQUIRES additional mods for SAFETY...then I can deal with that factor.
In final conclusion to your MM project, I feel that keeping the mods to as few, simple, and economical as possible (without jeopardizing durability) is the key to volume sales, etc.

These mods as in any are very price conscious considerations for the vehicle owner. Investing exhorbitant sums of money in a car that will in no way return that dollar investment (resale) is on the surface, a totally irrational decision. One has to be a performance zealot to the very core of their being.

Additionally, again speaking for myself, being retired and having to prioritize my expenditures (to some degree) requires a sharp focus on which items merit my investment...or 'bang for the buck', so to speak.

As an aside to this subject, my L/M dealer (also my friend) has been quite vocal in discouraging me from ANY modification to the mechanicals.
Again, if Trilogy obtains the 'blessing' of FMC for their enhancements...then I'm sure the dealers would be compliant as well, which in turn will create an opportunity for local shop(s) to perform the installation, etc.

I will be watching for further developments from Trilogy and their relationship with FMC...hopefully for all interests, the alliance and products will be forth coming in the VERY NEAR FUTURE.

Ross
07-03-2003, 11:30 AM
Jerry, thanks for the great work and updates. At least I have time to set aside (hide) money for awhile so my wife won't be too shocked when I put one of these kits on my MM. Any chance you might come to the Texas get together in September?

Jerry Barnes
07-03-2003, 11:55 AM
O.K. everyone, I just got off the telephone with Sarge. He called to say that he did not intend to say anything negative about Trilogy or our product. I really appreciated the phone call and told Sarge that we had established a good friendship and I sincerely wanted it to continue for a long time. We both agreed that there was a misunderstanding and I agreed we should work together and move on.

So, Thanks Sarge for the call and I look forward to enjoying our hobbie/sport/passion about the Marauder together!

Sarge did raise some interesting impressions and I feel obligated to address those for everyone elses benefit.

KENNY BROWN

I do not know Kenny personally, but he has a great reputation and just based on that alone, I have a great deal of respect for the things he and his staff have accomplished. I can only hope that we have as good a reputation as Kenny! Maybe I will have the cance one day to get his autograph?

Kenny and ourselves have taken different approaches to the same problem. I feel both are GOOD solutions, just different. When we started this project we established a set of criteria that we wanted to achieve for our project, and so far, we feel we are on track.

So we wish Kenny all the success in the world with his approach!

The bottom line is that its nice for our respective customers to have those types of choices when deciding to improve the performance of their Marauders.

WARRANTY

Trilogy will offer a 1 year warranty for all parts it sells in our kit, period! If Ford Racing offers the kit in the Catalog, then it does not matter if Ford Racing offers a warranty on our parts or not, WE WILL! It's our kit, they are our parts and we intend to stand behind each and every part! Whether they are sold through Ford Racing or Trilogy.

Your vehicle warranty is another matter. Ford has told us they would not warranty their car if you change any components on the vehicle. I respect that and understand their reasons. So, BUYERS BEWARE, there is not a manufacturer I know of that if you put aftermarket parts on your car, they will honor a warranty. That being said, I have been told by several friendly dealers that they would offer a limited warranty or stand behind service of the vehicle. Once again, Please check with you dealer before you do anything to your car!

STEVE BABCOCK

In Sarge's note he mentioned Steve's silence in some portions of the discussion. Steve is not a Trilogy employee and as such can only speak about the Marauder. I understand that and agree with Steve's position. I will say that if Ford Racing is willing to offer our kit in their catalog, that speaks very clearly to something. Draw your own conclusions.

MANUFACTURING

Sarge's comments are correct. We do not manufacture the components. We will use suppliers to do that function for us. We know thousands of suppliers because one of our core business functions at Ford is to integrate suppliers into Ford Product Development Process. We have a large staff that is solely dedicated to working with all types of suppliers, all around the world for Ford. In addition, we do engineering and design for about 130 suppliers to Ford. I do not need to have a manufacturing plant, it would be costly, time consuming and result in you folks paying a lot more for the kit. And I know who all the good suppliers are anyway. There is currently a hugh over-capacity problem in the auto industry today and suppliers are going out of business and begging for work. I don't want to be in that business, thank you.

One other thing about using supliers :

Ford outsources 65% of the parts it uses.
GM outsources 55% of the parts it uses
Chrysler outsources 75% of the parts it uses

Get the picture.

TECHNICAL CENTER FOR INSTALLATIONS

We have been reviewing acquiring a technical facility to do physical work on our products. We may add additional space to our current facility and have gain tentative approval from the city of Dearborn to do that. We have visited vacant locations around Dearborn to acquire. But today, I don't know if we will sell 10 superchargers or 10,000. So the question a gentleman asked a few days ago about us being in business for the long term relates directly to this answer. I won't spend money on a guess and cause us to jeopardize our business. Let's see how things go.

Lidio's operation is excellent and he has all of the capability to do first class installations. He is also adding a dyno to that facility to improve his service and participate in this project. Lidio has been supporting his customers out of his facility for many years and I have heard of any complints. It is very well laid out and professional as is his staff. He's the best! That's why we are working with him and not others.

If the project grows in popularity, I am sure Ford and LM dealers are going to want to get involved. We know that because they have contacted us. Having a facility in Dearborn, when customers are in California won't do us much good. we need qualified technicians in key locations. We are working on that.

CAD/CAM/CAE

Sarge was also correct in his statement that we are a digital shop. You won't see lifts, presses, lathes, etc. Welcome to the future! Ford, GM and Chrysler are already there. We buy components we design and engineer from highly skilled suppliers that know their components. We buy technical services that need to be deployed all over the States. We must insure that what we design and engineer can be produced in a high quality manner. That's the future of this business. Anyone that beats metal into shape and sells it to you without doing Computer Adided Design, Computer Aided Engineering and Computer Aided Analysis is giving you poorer quality and less value for your money.

We have invested millions in this area and we are experts at it. Once again, if you are buying components for your car or truck, make sure your getting state-of-the-art design, engineering and manufacturing. Enough said.

We are not Summit or Jegs, but you never know what's in store for the future.

PERFORMANCE FACTS

We have made every attempt to publish our dyno run results on the web, to show our 1/4 mile times at each drag strip, to show our 0-60 times, what worked, what didn't work, etc., etc. All of this is to keep everyone informed of the facts. Once again, we don't want to BS anyone and if you like our numbers you will be interested in our product, if not we understand. So, we will continue that practice on our web site and allow people to see what we are experiencing. I hope that is what people want.

Oh, and you will always see Lidio or us at the Drag Strip beating the car up. Remember Norwalk Ohio next weekend.

OPEN HOUSE

I addressed the attendance at the Open House in a previous note and yes we will have another Open House in October. The Open House will not only discuss our product, but more importantly it will allow all of crazy Marauder owners to share our ideas. If someone else wants to sponsor this type of event, I am O.K. with going to some elses Open House. I just think its good for all of us to get together.

FORD INTEREST IN OUR PROJECT

Remember, we are doing this project on our own! We did not ask Ford to participate, they volunteered. And the project will continue with or without them. Ford is a great company and a great customer, but this is our project and our goals, period!

WERE WE SWEATING DURING THE PRESENTATION

No! I showered that morning and tought I smelled pretty good! I am very confident about all aspects of this project, except one, getting the product to everyone as fast as they want it. That is the ONLY concern I have at this point. Be patient, nothing is going out the door with our name on it until I am completely satisfied that it's the best it can be! The Open House was not a marketing event, it was a gathering of Marauder owners. You did not see any car magazines, or news papers, etc. You just saw a bunch of excited Marauder guys and gals. As it should be.

NATIONAL MEET IN DALLAS IN SEPTEMBER

We are going to be there with at least one car, maybe two. I just got off the phone with Bob Mathus and he is working his butt off to get this thing together. Please give Bob some help if you are interested. We are providing the t-shirts, Sarge may provide the license plates(given he is a cop, I wonder where he getting those from?), Ford is donating some trinkets and trash, etc. Sounds like a good time. I look forward to seeing everyone in Dallas. If you want to volunteer to help Bob out, please refer to the Home Page for the contact information. Keep up the good work, Bob!!!!

O.K., I think I am caught up and all the questions, concerns, comments, etc. have been addressed.

Please remember, if you have any questions please post them on the Trilogy Site. It will make it much easier for an old guys to find them. And I will try very hard to be responsive for future questions.

Thanks again everyone, have a great 4th of July and remember America is the greatest place on earth to drive your Marauder!!!

Menace
07-03-2003, 04:34 PM
Thanks Jerry, we realize this is one of many projects you have going on and we appreciate you taking the time to keep us informed and answer our questions. Thanks again. :bows:

Now,about MY supercharger............. :P
Is there a waiting list for installs by Lidio?
If there is a list,am I on it and what # am I?
If I am not on the list could you please add me to it? :up:

Jerry Barnes
07-03-2003, 08:39 PM
Menace,

I was just reading your note and I notice that in your list of options for your car you have a K&N filter. Let me tell you what I heard at Ford and from Lidio. The mass air sensor on the air inlet can be affected by the oil from the K&N filter. It seems that the production air mass sensor is very sentative to contaminants, like oil from the K&N filter. And I understand that when you clean your K&N filter you typically wash and re-oil the filter. This can be harmful over an extended period of time. Ford suggests not using an oil soaked filter like the K&N. Lidio has tested our car with a stock filter and without and the performance results were exactly the same. So our conclusion was, and was backed up by Steve Babcock, that the Ford design was excellent, unrestrictive and did not need replacing. Lidio indicated that if he has a curtomer that uses a K&N filter, when he cleans or washes it he does not re-oil the filter to minimize this problem. I am not an expert on this subject, just passing along what I have heard. If you have questions please write Steve or Lidio for the straight poop.

Also, if you want to get on Lidio's installation schedule, now is a good time to get your name on the list.

Have a good one!

TripleTransAm
07-03-2003, 08:51 PM
The mass air sensor on the air inlet can be affected by the oil from the K&N filter. It seems that the production air mass sensor is very sentative to contaminants, like oil from the K&N filter.

The older (80s, early-to-mid 90s?) Mass Air Flow sensors used to have a burnoff circuit, which would superheat the little filament for a second or two every time you shut off the car, thereby burning off a great deal of contaminants.

For some reason, it seems like most manufacturers don't implement this anymore, as of the late 90s. At the General Motors camp, the same MAF - K&N warning has been given to the LS1 users whereas it seems the LT1 is still equipped with this burnoff system. And now it seems like Ford doesn't use the burnoff method, either.

I wonder why.

TAF
07-04-2003, 07:56 AM
Not to take this off into another debate on K&N filters...but, I have one in my car. I bought the one that fit (Model#33-2012, not the one they supposedly have now specifically for the Marauder). I got it for $38 off the internet, I won't "clean and re-oil it" but will probably replace it with a new one (Model#33-2272)
at 25K-30K. I consider it a "piece-of-mind" item.

I know there is a lot of "snake-oil" out there for performance on cars, I don't feel K&N is one of them.

Just my pennies...that's 2 of them.

Menace
07-04-2003, 08:06 AM
I feel the same and will do the same.

Menace
07-04-2003, 08:10 AM
Menace,

Also, if you want to get on Lidio's installation schedule, now is a good time to get your name on the list.

Please tell me how? :confused: :help:

TAF
07-04-2003, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by SergntMac
I don't think it's a slam on K&N, TAF

It sounded kinda like it was...and it was picked from someone's sig, out of the blue.

I just wanted to state my thoughts and what I've found to work for me. I'm not on K&N's payroll...just didn't want anyone who is like I was a year ago, just learning this stuff to be mislead by one man's (Lidio's) opinion and one manufacturer's (Ford) who's in the biz of selling folks paper filters through the dealers (and specific ones for this model-I might add) at a profit.

Meanwhile I can line up plenty of experts to be pro-K&N.

No harm no foul.

BRSMERC
07-04-2003, 05:17 PM
Hi Jerry and All:

First – I’m very impressed with your product.
This, combined with this forum has given me the right mindset for your kit. I, like others, await the day of its release.
I am assuming the kit will be sold as such and can be installed by my installer of choice? Is this correct?
I’m sure you wonder how many you can sell? Would you like a list of seriously interested owners?
I think is just great to be involved in the process!

Brian

Menace
07-04-2003, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by TAF
It sounded kinda like it was...and it was picked from someone's sig, out of the blue.

Yes, and all I really wanted to know is when I could have a supercharger installed! :confused:

JerseyVics
07-05-2003, 03:19 AM
I wish I had the new transmission installed already! Than I'd make plans to take a second chance on visiting Trilogy...

I really wanted to visit Jerry during the Ford 100th event... I proposed the group visit to the organizers of the STAP tour but it was probably too late to alter their plans. Personaly, I was so bored at FORD that we left Michigan at 3pm and got home in Jersey by midnight.

Reading Jerry's posts the Eaton Blown Marauder must be a very different animal from an Eaton Blown Crown Vic. I cannot, or rather couldn't reach 100mph on City streets street racing. Maybe the cities in Jersey are little different but the farthest I've gone was 80mph in 25mph zone before OD burned out.

Again, I wish I get a new transmission in time to make the Dream Cruise so we can compare side by site the Supercharged Marauder with some Supercharged Vics... and knowing Kenny Brown they will have a great deal of their Supercharged folks there both from the Vic and Marauder community. Hopefuly it'll happen in time... I cannot see myself however struggling up there on 3 gears tho.... this sux!

well, I'm hopeful.

--Russ :)

Jerry Barnes
07-05-2003, 12:22 PM
Hi folks,

K&N

I agree with everyone's feedback on the K&N. I have them on my Viper and everything is O.K. But, given we are into exchanging ideas, I wanted to share what I had heard primarily from Ford, not so much Lidio. Thought I would share some the of conversations I had heard about the Air Mass Sensor and how it could affect performance of your cars. That's it!

INSTALLATION OF SUPERCHARGER

Yes, you can have your own technician do the work, there are a lot of well qualified people out there. If you are interested in having Lidio do the installation, please give him a call at (586)463-0010. He's very busy these days and for those wanting Lidio to do the work, it would not hurt to touch base with him. I know Menace was interested in addressing this topic, so I saw Lidio yesterday when I dropped the car off for lower front springs, tinting, rear brake release valve for drag racing and tow hook installation.

O.K. everyone, that's my update for today. Have a good weekend!b

trilogyintl
07-06-2003, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by BRSMERC
Hi Jerry and All:

I am assuming the kit will be sold as such and can be installed by my installer of choice? Is this correct?
I’m sure you wonder how many you can sell? Would you like a list of seriously interested owners?
I think is just great to be involved in the process!

Brian

Hi Brian,

Not sure if Jerry already responded, but I'll take the initiative and do so anyway ...

1. The kit will be sold with detailed instructions to allow any experienced mechanic or professional installer to install the kit.

2. At this point, we are very optimistic regarding the number of superchargers we will be able to sell. We have received nothing but good feedback and support from anyone who has seen or heard about the car, not to mention those who have ridden in it! I myself had the chance to drive the car, dropping off Jerry at a Ford meeting once ... all I can say is WOW. :D

3. About that list, that would definitely be great ... feel free to send it to me by Private Message or to my email and I'll have it taken care of.

Thank you everyone for your support! :)

BRSMERC
07-06-2003, 05:22 PM
There you go! I would suggest that all those who want to arrange their own installation, contact Matthew. I did!

Brian

Bradley G
11-01-2005, 06:32 AM
This thread caught my eye.
Kinda make me wonder, where Trilogy & MM.net will takes us in Two more?

Dan
11-01-2005, 07:02 AM

Brad,

Thanks for posting and bringing it up again. I took the time this morning to reread the full thread, especially Jerry's comments. It is kind of nice to be able to review history like this.

Best,

Dan

Zack
11-01-2005, 07:32 AM
Before anyone asks, had the kit been for sale in a box the day of the open house, it would have went home with me in the trunk.

mpearce
11-01-2005, 07:46 AM
I like the love poem part.

:D

DEFYANT
11-01-2005, 08:02 AM

Wow! Thanks for diggin this one up.

Bradley G
11-01-2005, 08:20 AM
Your more than welcome Dan!

I was gonna make a comment to how things have evolved from the Beginings of a Dynasty.
Some of the players from then , are no longer here.
Others chose different paths.Kinda cool how things played out.

Brad,

Thanks for posting and bringing it up again. I took the time this morning to reread the full thread, especially Jerry's comments. It is kind of nice to be able to review history like this.

Best,

Dan

Bradley G
11-01-2005, 08:22 AM
Me Two!

Everytime I think of Zack reading poetry, makes me smile and get all Fuzzy!:cloud9:

I like the love poem part.

:D

Bradley G
11-01-2005, 08:22 AM
Sure Charlie! :coolman:
Wow! Thanks for diggin this one up.

Bradley G
11-01-2005, 08:26 AM
This all happened , before I even knew what a Marauder was!

Maybe you can elaborate Zack!

Before anyone asks, had the kit been for sale in a box the day of the open house, it would have went home with me in the trunk.

Sully008
11-01-2005, 09:41 AM
Well that just confirms my suspicions. There is a Trilogy MM up here!!! BRSMERC lives in my city, and he's Trilogy #21. It doesn't look like he posts anymore though... Good read! It's nice to see the history behind all of this.

DEFYANT
11-01-2005, 09:54 AM
Well that just confirms my suspicions. There is a Trilogy MM up here!!! BRSMERC lives in my city, and he's Trilogy #21. It doesn't look like he posts anymore though... Good read! It's nice to see the history behind all of this.
I just added him to the list. :D

Sully008
11-01-2005, 10:02 AM
I just added him to the list. :D
One of these days I'm gonna get on that list of yours, DEFYANT...:banana2: