PDA

View Full Version : 1991 Mercury Marauder

Col_R_E_Hogan
05-30-2007, 08:40 PM
I have a 1991 MGM. I am painting it black. She already has a replacement Engine. A High Output 302 from a Mustang Cobra. New Tranny too. Dual Exhaust, and a cold Air intake. her name is Emma. She flys. As soon as I finish painting her black, and blacking out, some but not all of her trim I will post pictures. I am probably badging her after the paint as a "Panther Interceptor" I am sure someone somewhere has done this with a late Model Panther Body, but I've never run across anyone yet. Someone here maybe must have. In any event, Would it be wrong to call it a Marauder? or badge it as a Marauder? If Mercury made one in 1991 it would look just like mine, except it probably would have had a hard top. (Emma's Landau roof is coming off too at some point)...and it probably wouldn't even be as fast. Anyway, just a post from a MGM Fanatic.

CBT
05-30-2007, 08:43 PM
Why not just buy a Marauder and put Grand Marquis emblems on it? ACK! I think I just got a roundhouse kick from Chuck Norris.

Raudermaster
05-30-2007, 08:47 PM
Sounds like a cool project, not sure if I would slap Marauder badges on it though. But hey, it's your project, do what you want. I look foward to seeing pictures of it.

BAD MERC
05-30-2007, 08:57 PM
Good god. Don't desecrate the name for crying out loud. My friend has a Pontiac Fiero, should he convert it to a school bus?
I have a 1991 MGM. I am painting it black. She already has a replacement Engine. A High Output 302 from a Mustang Cobra. New Tranny too. Dual Exhaust, and a cold Air intake. her name is Emma. She flys. As soon as I finish painting her black, and blacking out, some but not all of her trim I will post pictures. I am probably badging her after the paint as a "Panther Interceptor" I am sure someone somewhere has done this with a late Model Panther Body, but I've never run across anyone yet. Someone here maybe must have. In any event, Would it be wrong to call it a Marauder? or badge it as a Marauder? If Mercury made one in 1991 it would look just like mine, except it probably would have had a hard top. (Emma's Landau roof is coming off too at some point)...and it probably wouldn't even be as fast. Anyway, just a post from a MGM Fanatic.

superford3
05-30-2007, 09:15 PM
Good god. Don't desecrate the name for crying out loud. My friend has a Pontiac Fiero, should he convert it to a school bus?no a corvette ;)

RCSignals
05-30-2007, 10:26 PM
Find some of the older Marauder badges if you want.
But why not just black it out and keep everyone guessing?

LordVader
05-31-2007, 04:56 AM
HOGAN!!! This is Colonel Klink, and I say....you can badge if you like, but you will still be our prisoner!!!

Col_R_E_Hogan
05-31-2007, 06:57 AM
Find some of the older Marauder badges if you want.
But why not just black it out and keep everyone guessing?

I could do that, but in truth, No one would even venture a guess, because no one cares about the Marauder, or GM's or FCV's. These cars are only for the Police, Old People, and the incredibly small percentage of auto enthusiasts that can only be described as "The Illuminati". If people cared, the Marauder would still be in production, and Mercury would have made more than like 6 of them....My project is for me, and keeping Emma badged as an MGM would be in my opinion unfair to her. Also, adding performance parts to the Panther Body is something I think more people should do. It is an overlooked platform, and with the right goodies, a Panther can outrun a Fox anyday of the week....I have done just that too! Anyway, I've bought the "Panther Interceptor" Badges last evening.....This car will not be badged as a Marauder.....Thanks for your support though....I'll post the pics when it's done....Panther Interceptor?...That will keep them guessing I suppose, but the fact that a car that big and old can move so fast could be mystery enough.

Hogan

prchrman
05-31-2007, 07:36 AM
it is your car...put what moniker on it you want...sounds like a nice project...please post some pics...OBTW welcome to the site...willie