PDA

View Full Version : Charlotte/Carolinas 2nd Meet

Marauderman
07-01-2003, 06:15 PM
Saturday -July 19th, 2003

The next meeting of the Charlotte / Carolinas' local MM owners is now scheduled for Saturday July 19th at 9 AM at the Cracker Barrell off Exit 36 on I-77 North in Moorsville,NC.

Lots to discuss:
1. Marauderville (Ennis) meet in Sept.-The need for more to
sign- up and go!!!!
2. frdwrnch's (Russel Wright) trip report to Dearborn's Ford Fun Weekend 100th Celeb.
3. New members -and their "how they came to purchase MM
stories
4. Members updates on MM additions since last meet May 12th.

All are welcome to join us ...send me PM on any questions you may have....

prchrman
07-01-2003, 07:36 PM
Okie dokie...I think I can make it...looking forward to seeing other MM owners and the Finest Grand Touring Automobile Every...yes I am a little biased...but also right...hey TAF you riding up...take you up on that test drive...

dok
07-01-2003, 07:46 PM
I believe that I can make this one.

frdwrnch
07-01-2003, 08:12 PM
I'm there! Get to meet prchrman this time. Photo album to share from Detroit. Think I'll take the long way.

TAF
07-02-2003, 04:54 AM
Originally posted by prchrman
...hey TAF you riding up...take you up on that test drive...

I'd like to...we'll see whether I can happen to be there on the Friday and come up with some lame excuse (like a Harris Teeter Store Opening) for the wife. *not a lie...they DO open a store nearly every week, which I do attend when possible

Anyway, if I can't Willie...Tom's is ALMOST set up like mine. Maybe you can talk him into calling Dennis before then and putting on those pullies I've been buggin' him about.

frdwrnch
07-06-2003, 08:51 PM
Pam, where are you?

Marauderman
07-07-2003, 06:52 PM
Want to Refresh this thread:

So far , besides myself, frdwrnch, Dok, and prchman have indicated they're coming to the meeting...

SAT. JULY 19TH-- 9 AM- EXIT 36 OFF I-77 NORTH @ THE
CRACKER BARREL

Come on you folks from the surrounding area/s...where is Marauder1 and Butch from the last meet? TAF is usually at home in ALt on the weekends..so he's not likely going to be with us..BUT ...there are others out there...please let us know.....

Butch
07-08-2003, 04:31 AM
I'm still thinking about it. I've got some previous plans for the weekend, but I hope to still make it for a short time during the morning.

As we get deeper into the summer, my time available gets shorter and shorter!

I'll let you know something on the 17th or 18th.

Marauderman
07-08-2003, 02:36 PM
As you would expect-- am trying to keep this as fresh as possible to keep the "WORD" out for our meet----please read and fix your schedules to meet--regardless of your car type..we'd love to have you meet with us.....

marauder1
07-09-2003, 09:28 AM
Sorry, haven't had time to check in lately but, I'll be there.

Marauderman
07-10-2003, 04:24 AM
Hey marauder1--thats Great!!!

Okay -folks--now we have five(5)---lets look around and get others......hopefully we can get this started and maybe meet in surrounding areas to keep up the interest so travel time can be shared among all of us .....

prchrman
07-10-2003, 06:24 AM
yeah...come to the mountains...east TN guys could come...(only 2-2.5 hours from the queen city, 3.5 to north atlanta)...its cool here...75-80 degrees days and 50-60 at night...blue ridge parkway cruise w/MM owner tour guide...life is good...

Marauderman
07-10-2003, 06:49 PM
Sounds like a possibility for the next meet location....see how easy it is folks....so ...come on over Sat the 19th and lets discuss alot of news and fun things we have done to place our own "signature" on our MM's.....then before we leave..we vote for next meet location.....yeah..this could get real interesting...I can see it developing!!!!!!!

Marauderman
07-11-2003, 08:38 AM
Another good reason for a morning meet besides having breakfast together is ---IT DOESN'T RAIN AROUND HERE IN THE AM --ONLY LATE PM---so.....we're not gonna get our beauties dirty--so,...come on out to out meet..take some cards this week in case you see other MM'er....

We're looking forward to you being there............

Marauderman
07-11-2003, 05:17 PM
You know--it hasnt been mentioned here ....but those in South Carolina who are car crazy as us are also welcome.....so come on out Sat the 19th --see begining of thread for details...--we are a border city--so everyone is welcome...

Marauderman
07-14-2003, 05:38 PM
AS you would expect--I'm here again on my band wagon --drumming up support for this weekends meet--Man on man-this is hard stuf to do---glad I'm not a politician!!!

This Sat the 19th exit 36 off I-77 north in Moresville, N.C. -where else but at Cracker Barrel... AM --anyone who is close --breakfast---what do I have to do to get yall to come--tell ya frdwrench is buying or something?

marauder1
07-14-2003, 06:07 PM
Hey, if frdwrnch is buying maybe we can get TAF to bring the Atlanta gang in for the weekend

TAF
07-14-2003, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by marauder1
Hey, if frdwrnch is buying maybe we can get TAF to bring the Atlanta gang in for the weekend

Since Russell is buying...can you make room for 12 from ATL?
:lol:

Marauderman
07-14-2003, 06:20 PM
WOW-Is that all it took--someone else to buy--maybe I'll use a check--it's not real money (check) anyway is it?

marauder1
07-14-2003, 06:27 PM
I hope Russel doesn't read this tonight I'm dropping my car off at his service department tomorrow

Marauderman
07-14-2003, 07:03 PM
yeah--do you think I'm in his "trouble dept"?

frdwrnch
07-15-2003, 05:36 AM
Hey wait a minute! Can't turn my back for a second and I've been railroaded. Well OK, Bagels and cream cheese for everyone!

Marauderman
07-15-2003, 09:05 AM
There you go folks--my buddy frdwrench has stepped forward and is handing out some freebies....so...guess me too...hummmmm...any other orderves for breakfast ..is there?

Time is getting CLOSE !! This SAT @ 9AM July 19th--Hey if your too far from ALt , try coming to ours - I-77 North Exit #36 at the Barrel-where else!!!

Marauderman
07-15-2003, 05:58 PM
OK-As embarrassed as this is--I've posted more than half of the posst here to get everyone to keep up with this meet and we still only have about 5 ...come on folks--where in the blank blank
(gotta remember prchrman is a comin-thinking of you willie)) is everone!!

All CAROLINA MM'ERS NEAR CHARLOTTE or north of there--see begining of post here--come on down--do I have to start giving out door prises for those who show up? ( note to self-go shopping for stupid stuff for gags just in case) -

OKay--time is close-- frdwrench and I are looking to see ya--

So it doesn't rain in the mornings--so come on up to our meet----

prchrman
07-15-2003, 06:28 PM
Mman...don't sweat the number...it's quality that counts not quantity...as they said at the Alamo, we may be out numbered but we are not out manned...and BTW fordwrench, thanks ahead of time for breakfast...free food is the best food...JK

Marauderman
07-15-2003, 06:50 PM
Thanks Willie--yeah--your right--wife will be with me --mrs marauderman just loves this stuff--(she's a beginner but very much apart of the scene)--actually has had a heavy food herself here lately-(-tell ya at breakfast of her story on that) I've just begun to find out---so just when you think you know your wife--watch out--suprises can pop up anytime--:lol:

prchrman
07-15-2003, 06:58 PM
If I want to get some where quick, my wife drives...she has smoked several cars...me just one, a V8 thunderchicken on a double on ramp in atlanta...she is coming with me also...I hear men sit around and diss their wives and it makes me sick...my wife is my pal for 26 years...bless her Lord, bless her...

Marauderman
07-15-2003, 07:27 PM
Great Wille- We've been married for 34 , together 35 and like you --pals as well....looking forward to meeting you and the mrs....say --I hear your itching for a test ride ..so says Todd....believe it can be arranged....

dok
07-15-2003, 07:37 PM
I'm bringing my wife of 40 years. Course I was married when I was 12. :lol:

Merc-O-matic
07-15-2003, 08:12 PM
I'm bringing my wife of 60 years......shes loves a car
with "Merc-O-matic"!

TAF
07-15-2003, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by Merc-O-matic
I'm bringing my wife of 60 years......

I think we have a WINNER!

Tell him what we've got for him, Johnny Olson...
^^^That was for you, BigDog.

prchrman
07-16-2003, 03:45 AM
I'm starting to feel like a pup again...

Marauderman
07-17-2003, 04:25 AM
Yes--AS my buddy Todd would say--It's time to

R E F E S H T H I S A G A I N

It in two more days-----check page # 1 of this thread--

MarillaMarauder
07-17-2003, 01:36 PM
Is anyone hangin out in Charlotte/ Lake Norman area after the meeting? I have a place 8 miles from the cracker barrel but I'm coming in from Buffalo at 4:00 pm that day and staying for a week. I won't have my MM cause I'm flying in, but I would love to see some other Marauders and just shoot the s*** about the car because nobody from where I live has one but me.( Over a year and still no Buffalo area sightings) If anyone from the Charlotte area just wants to get together for a brew or whatever and swap stories let me know. We can meet anytime up till the 26th. Sorry I'm just a little late for the get-together.

Marauderman
07-18-2003, 04:12 AM
UPDATE--ROAD WORK NEWS-

Those using I-77 in the morning --remember road construction usually reduced to one lane- and backups in this area from Charlotte to Moorsville--

So... leave earily would be the que for the day..

Welcome MarillaMArauder......don't know who may be around ..but will surely mentioned your request..can you specify just where you'll be or the hang out place to meet just in case...
believe dok is probably closer than others..not sure...

MarillaMarauder
07-18-2003, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by marauderman
UPDATE--ROAD WORK NEWS-

Welcome MarillaMArauder......don't know who may be around ..but will surely mentioned your request..can you specify just where you'll be or the hang out place to meet just in case...
believe dok is probably closer than others..not sure...

Might as well keep it the Cracker Barrel for now. Thanks for your help.

frdwrnch
07-18-2003, 07:16 PM
HEY MARILLA, I KEEP A BOAT AT NORMAN AND WAS PLANNING ON GOING OUT IN THE AFTERNOON AFTER THE GATHERING (GIRLFRIEND AND WEATHER PERMITTING). WE'LL TALK ABOUT IT AT THE MEETING. IF NOT THEN, THEN AN AFTERNOON DURING THE WEEK.RW.

TAF
07-18-2003, 07:18 PM
What time are we setting up the "Cracker Barrel Video Conference" :lol:

frdwrnch
07-18-2003, 07:19 PM
SORRY, I JUST REALIZED YOU'LL BE LATER. I'LL PM YOU MY CELL. CALL ME.RW.

frdwrnch
07-18-2003, 07:20 PM
PENDING STORM MAY INTERUPT SATELLITE COMMUNICATIONS!

Butch
07-18-2003, 07:34 PM
Me and my girlfriend are planning on being there.

Just to verify the location, is it the Cracker Barrel at 77/150-River Hwy/Regency Center Dr? I couldn't verify that location is exit 36.

frdwrnch
07-18-2003, 07:46 PM
That's great Butch! The Hostess at the restaurant said exit 36. I'm putting my faith in her, otherwise I'll be a little late!

Butch
07-18-2003, 07:55 PM
I ran the directions through Yahoo Maps and it did say "Exit 36", so that should be it. The directions say that the exit is listed as NC-150.

Just in case anyone is needing the exact address:
CRACKER BARREL OLD COUNTRY STORE (704) 660-6314
123 REGENCY CENTER DR
MOORESVILLE, NC 28117

(I would still like to hear someone that has been there verify this info is correct!)

See ya there!

dok
07-18-2003, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by Butch
Me and my girlfriend are planning on being there.

Just to verify the location, is it the Cracker Barrel at 77/150-River Hwy/Regency Center Dr? I couldn't verify that location is exit 36.

Butch

It is exit 36. Go west on highway 150 only about 100 yards. You will see it on your right. See you tomorrow.

Agent M79
07-18-2003, 08:36 PM
Hey guys. My first post here. No MM yet, a few more pennies in the jar for an '04.

Thought I'd let you know, you will not miss the Cracker Barrel at exit 36 on 77. You can see the sign from the Interstate. It's probably the busiest place in the area so expect a lot of attention from the breakfast set.

Have fun!

dok
07-18-2003, 08:43 PM
Agent M79

Welcome to the site. Why don't you join us for breakfast? You don't have to own a MM, just be interested in them. If you are thinking about buying a MM at a future date, this is a great chance to talk to owners and see 6 MM's in person.

Agent M79
07-18-2003, 09:03 PM
dok,

I just saw the Mooresville thread last night and have committed to one of life's highest pleasures Saturday morning: Helping a buddy move a washing machine.

I may have to over sleep /cough/ and pop by and take a few digital snaps tho.

Agent M79
07-19-2003, 11:12 AM
I'd like to thank all the folks at the meet for talking to me about the MM and especially frdwrnch (hope I matched that up right) for letting me take his out for a spin.

Everything I thought about the car was confirmed at the meet. A good fit for me on a lot of levels.

The only downside of the meet: Now I just don't want one, I want one NOW!

Thanks again!

Marauderman
07-19-2003, 11:48 AM
Thanks for all those who came to our meet this morning! Great looking over frdwrench's pics of his Dearborn visit- Also, discussing our future meeting plans...the next two should be very interesting for sure!!!

Had a great time --enjoyed the look/sees of everyones cars and
"newer" add-ons since last meeting....

Hope to see all at next gathering....stay tuned..and lets spread the word about us and this great site Logan has produced....

TAF
07-20-2003, 02:50 PM
What....no pics?

frdwrnch
07-20-2003, 08:48 PM
OK Here goes:

frdwrnch
07-20-2003, 09:06 PM
OK, That was only one of seven, laptop locked up during transfer and pics are a little big. Back to the drawing board and I'll try again later.BTW that's a cool Marauder model that belongs to Butch.

Agent M79
07-21-2003, 03:54 PM
Heh... At least you got some... I brought the digital with the big honkin' 1GB drive... and 4 dead double A's. <sniff>

Butch: Been looking, can't find it, where'd ya get the MM model?

jgc61sr2002
07-21-2003, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by Agent M79
Heh... At least you got some... I brought the digital with the big honkin' 1GB drive... and 4 dead double A's. <sniff>

Butch: Been looking, can't find it, where'd ya get the MM model? They have been offered for sale on Ebay.

Butch
07-21-2003, 07:30 PM
Just do a search on ebay for "mercury marauder diecast". That will show you some of them.

I brought it to show the quality of it to the rest of the group. I believe that everyone really liked it.

Come on FrdWrnch! Waiting for those other pictures! Don't be getting slack on us! :D

I had a great time with everyone! Now I'm just waiting for Marauderman to put the Flowmaster 40s on his car so that I can listen to see if I want to put the new tips on mine with my 40s. I'm just thinking that might be a little too loud with the 40s AND the unbaffled tips, if that is possible. You guys heard how loud mine was with just the 40s and stock tips!

Girlfriend and I didn't spend too much money at Concord Mills when we left!

I think her hat size grew about two inches when everyone talked about her 350z!

Later!

frdwrnch
07-22-2003, 07:58 PM
Here goes another try. I'm having a hard time getting them small enough to post.

frdwrnch
07-22-2003, 08:02 PM
That's better, here's another:

Marauderman
07-22-2003, 08:04 PM
Looks good Russell--anymore!

frdwrnch
07-22-2003, 08:33 PM
POOR LAPTOP DOESN'T LIKE WEB SURFING, JUST GOT DREADED BLUE SCREEN.I'LL TRY ONE OF THE CREW:

frdwrnch
07-22-2003, 08:37 PM
More Crew:

frdwrnch
07-22-2003, 08:49 PM
prchrman gets long haul award:

frdwrnch
07-22-2003, 08:53 PM
Comparing (exhaust) Notes:

Agent M79
07-23-2003, 10:11 AM
What a morning!

I've been watching the Marauder since the first concepts appeared and absorbed as much as I could since then. I had discovered MM.net no more than a week before this meet and didn't find the meet thread until a day or two before.

I had a previous engagement with a heavy appliance. I am fairly certain that was the fastest move and install any washer had ever seen... and it's fully operation with no leaks, TYVM.

The best I could manage was to get there an hour and a half after the start time. Looking down off the highway onto a row of MMs was awesome.

No one was standing around the cars so I had to seek out the crew and wandered around a bit before settling down in one of the chairs out in front of Cracker Barrel to make a few calls... keeping my eyes peeled for... what? Rabid gearheads making loud engine noises (vvvvVVRRROOOM!)? A bunch of people in MM leather jackets picking on rice boys? I didn't know.

Well, you can see from the picture it was none of those things.

What I can tell you is that if you have never gone to one of these meets, you should. These guys were very kind and considerate and had no reservations to talking enthusiatically with a non-MM owning individual. Heck, frdwrnch let me *drive* his... inviting me to step on it even.

This meet sealed the deal for me. I'll know within 2 or 3 weeks if my next ride is an '04 Dark Toreador Red. I already want to do things to void the warranty!

So my best MM advice: If you never have been, or considered it but didn't, go to the next gathering of MM owners.