PDA

View Full Version : Addco front and rear sway bars install

Steve_NC
06-02-2007, 11:19 AM
I have installed the rear Addco sway bar, and all I can say is WOW. The difference is amazing. (/bow Mr. Reinhart Thank you sir:nworthy:) I would highly recommend this upgrade to anyone who has not done it yet. I reused the old end links with the new bushings. I tried the new links but had some trouble with them.
I intended to install the front sway bar this morning, but I found a broken front passenger side end link. Now I have to wait on the parts to come in.

Question #1
Is it possible that tightening up the rear end caused the front to fail? I know the front end was all in one piece before the install. (It is possible that the front link had already failed, but not pulled free of the dust boot. I had the shock replaced on that side, and the dealer could have broken the link then.)
Question #2
Is there an aftermarket front link that is beefier then the OEM? The OEM parts seem a bit anemic for the job at hand.

jimlam56
06-02-2007, 01:05 PM
I would say that is was broken already Steve. The shock replacement is a red herring to me.
I'm with you, I thought the end links are kinda wimpy too, especially considering the size of the sway bar.

fastblackmerc
06-02-2007, 01:23 PM
Steve, I agree with Jim on both points. You might have to cut the spacer sleeves to get the new bushings to work.