PDA

View Full Version : Command Automotive Rotors ON SALE!

wchain
06-08-2007, 09:31 AM
From Now till July 4th, A complete set (front AND rear) Command Automotive Cryogenic Rotors are on sale for $469.99!

This sale includes FREE SHIPPING. (Which is around $40-$50 dollars off, these things are HEAVY!).

These rotors are in stock and will ship right away! This isnt a Group Buy, no waiting!

When you order off the website, make sure you put in your member name from the site so your credit card gets charged accordingly! (Ignore the listed price)!

Thanks all!

Wes

Raudermaster
06-10-2007, 05:20 PM
Awesome! I think I'm due for some brakes too. Do these have a "Zinc" coating them Wes?

MENINBLK
06-10-2007, 07:29 PM
Here is info on the rotors...

http://www.commandautomotive.com/

Stranger in the Black Sedan
06-22-2007, 06:28 AM
It doesn't look like drilled rotors are available? Otherwise I'd be interested.

Zack
06-22-2007, 06:30 AM
It doesn't look like drilled rotors are available? Otherwise I'd be interested.

After all we have learned over the years, drilled rotors can lead to warping.

magindat
06-22-2007, 06:35 AM

I've had drilled and slotted Baer Decela for 40K and no issues yet....

A few pointers...

Proper bedding.
No standing on the brakes when hot.
No runnin thru puddles with hot brakes.

Probly good pointers for ALL rotors.

Thanx for posting the sale, Wes. No intention to divert the thread, just replying drilled are cool, too.

06-22-2007, 06:37 AM

#1, I don't put that many miles on my car per year (maybe 6-8k/year)
#2, stock flat rotors don't look cool enough!

Zack
06-22-2007, 06:53 AM
A few pointers...

Proper bedding.
No standing on the brakes when hot.
No runnin thru puddles with hot brakes.

Why dont I just leave the car in the garage then.
Less work than all ^^^^ that :D

MENINBLK
06-27-2007, 11:35 AM
#1, I don't put that many miles on my car per year (maybe 6-8k/year)
#2, stock flat rotors don't look cool enough!

At 6k - 8k miles per year, its gonna be at least 12+ years before you need brakes anyway !
Why don't you buy the rotors while you can get them cheap ?
Who knows how much these will cost in 12 years !

I got my rotors delivered on Monday.

THANKS WES !!!

ctrlraven
06-27-2007, 11:42 AM
How hard are these rotors? I bought a set of EBC slotted/dimple rotors with EBC green stuff pads and I had to end up changing my front pads back to Motorcraft pads because the EBC green stuff pads were too hard (when their suppose to be street use only) and were actually eating up my rotors.

Edit: For anyone that already has them on, how do you like them and do they make you feel safer by being able to stop quicker?

Master
06-27-2007, 11:45 AM
Drilled rotors are more prone to stress fractures radiating from the holes due to expansion and contraction rather than warping. Warping issues tend to be related more to rotor materials composition. If cooling/gas removal are your real issues (and not looks) then slotted are the best way to go.

MENINBLK
06-27-2007, 11:45 AM
How hard are these rotors? I bought a set of EBC slotted/dimple rotors with EBC green stuff pads and I had to end up changing my front pads back to Motorcraft pads because the EBC green stuff pads were too hard (when their suppose to be street use only) and were actually eating up my rotors.

From the website...

"We use the best steel possible in our castings. We use special processes other than cryogenics that complement the material makeup of the rotor. We machine and balance our rotors on CNC equipment and break all of the sharp edges that the installer may come in contact with. We also add a multi-directional finish on the friction surface to nearly eliminate break-in time. Each CAI SD-1 Brake Rotor is embossed with the CAI logo so that there is no way to get the rotor mixed up with other products."

Cryogenics cures the steel and makes it unbelieveably strong and hard.

06-27-2007, 11:56 AM
At 6k - 8k miles per year, its gonna be at least 12+ years before you need brakes anyway !
Why don't you buy the rotors while you can get them cheap ?
Who knows how much these will cost in 12 years !

I got my rotors delivered on Monday.

LOL I won't own this car in 12 years. I go through newer cars every few years when I find something else I like. I get 15-20k to a set of regular rotors pretty much no matter what I drive, w/ regular service grade rotors.

Big House
06-27-2007, 12:35 PM
Wes,

How do there rotors compare to power slot rotors? They offer a cyro treated rotor also. Also, what pads are recommended with these rotors.

House