PDA

View Full Version : F.I.T. Procharger #XX is alive!

MM_BKK
06-10-2007, 10:54 AM
The reason for #XX is I bought the kit used on this board 7 months ago and I have no idea who owned it or what # it was. This was the kit that came off the blown up Marauder at a dealership. (May be Greg can chime in it.) I know, I know, what took so long to get it installed!? I wanted to install this myself, but haven't had the time until this past Friday. It took me most of the day Friday and Saturday for the installation. I would like to thank Greg @FIT for emailing me the instructions, without it I'm sure I would still be working on it. Since I bought the kit used, I was missing the fuel pump, tune and a few miscellaneous hardware. I installed a generic 255 lph fuel pump and wrote my own tune and fabricated my own intercooler brackets and have it mounted high. The kit did come with A-Piller mounted Boost and Fuel Pressure gauges, but I took them out of the piller and mounted them where the factory Oil and Volt gauge used to be. I don't want people to see them at the stoplight and think that it's a race car. I'm trying to keep that stealth sleeper look. Although the sound of the car is a different story.

First impression after the installation - W O W ! ! ! The car now REALLY moves out! I love that I can take off without spinning the tires (unless I want to) and then when it shift to 2nd it leaves a 10 feet rubber patch at about half throttle. I only had it WOT for a few seconds just to test out max boost. I did see boost registering 9lbs and fuel pressure was at about 50psi. I want to wait until I take the car to get it dyno and work with them to get this thing tuned hopefully this week before I really beat the snot out of it.

-Zak

HwyCruiser
06-10-2007, 11:07 AM
Hey, welcome to the family and congrats on resurrecting the kit. Maybe it's Brutus' old #14 - I recall him trading it in so it would surprise me a bit. Good luck at the dyno, if it doesn't work out I'd give our guy a call and he could hook you up with a Diablo Predator and a custom tune for the application.

Have fun with that bad boy! :banana2:

MM_BKK
06-10-2007, 11:14 AM
Hey, welcome to the family and congrats on resurrecting the kit. Maybe it's Brutus' old #14 - I recall him trading it in so it would surprise me a bit. Good luck at the dyno, if it doesn't work out I'd give our guy a call and he could hook you up with a Diablo Predator and a custom tune for the application.

Thank you - I will certainly give it a thought.

tmac1337
06-10-2007, 12:38 PM
You need anything just let us know.

Brutus
06-10-2007, 03:53 PM

I wonder that myself.

magindat
06-10-2007, 04:29 PM
Nice work. That's the second time I know of the Greg has stepped up to help on a used kit.
That rocks.
Enjoy the ride.

Raudermaster
06-10-2007, 05:24 PM
Awesome. I wish I were that lucky to come across a kit like that. So, what did happen? How did you actually come across the kit? Did the dealer sell it at a good price for you?

MM_BKK
06-10-2007, 06:19 PM
From what I understand, the lot dudes blew up the engine beating on it with regular fuel. The dealer decided to replace the engine but minus the supercharger and the mechanic that did the job worked out a deal with the dealership and he had the kit listed in the classified here. Greg posted a thread on it being in the classified and that's how I got it.

Joe Walsh
06-10-2007, 07:27 PM
From what I understand, the lot dudes blew up the engine beating on it with regular fuel. The dealer decided to replace the engine but minus the supercharger and the mechanic that did the job worked out a deal with the dealership and he had the kit listed in the classified here. Greg posted a thread on it being in the classified and that's how I got it.

There are SO MANY Friggin' IDIOTS out there!

Anyway, their loss is your gain!

Congrats on the install!

Sounds like you will be having lots of fun this summer.

:banana2:

Mike
06-10-2007, 10:22 PM
:burnout:
The reason for #XX is I bought the kit used on this board 7 months ago and I have no idea who owned it or what # it was. This was the kit that came off the blown up Marauder at a dealership. (May be Greg can chime in it.) I know, I know, what took so long to get it installed!? I wanted to install this myself, but haven't had the time until this past Friday. It took me most of the day Friday and Saturday for the installation. I would like to thank Greg @FIT for emailing me the instructions, without it I'm sure I would still be working on it. Since I bought the kit used, I was missing the fuel pump, tune and a few miscellaneous hardware. I installed a generic 255 lph fuel pump and wrote my own tune and fabricated my own intercooler brackets and have it mounted high. The kit did come with A-Piller mounted Boost and Fuel Pressure gauges, but I took them out of the piller and mounted them where the factory Oil and Volt gauge used to be. I don't want people to see them at the stoplight and think that it's a race car. I'm trying to keep that stealth sleeper look. Although the sound of the car is a different story.

First impression after the installation - W O W ! ! ! The car now REALLY moves out! I love that I can take off without spinning the tires (unless I want to) and then when it shift to 2nd it leaves a 10 feet rubber patch at about half throttle. I only had it WOT for a few seconds just to test out max boost. I did see boost registering 9lbs and fuel pressure was at about 50psi. I want to wait until I take the car to get it dyno and work with them to get this thing tuned hopefully this week before I really beat the snot out of it.

-Zak

Congrats #XX

#26...429 rwhp...379 rwtq...11.75# of boost :burnout:

Raudermaster
06-11-2007, 08:53 PM
Wow sucks for them, great for you!

Seneca
06-15-2007, 06:52 PM
Congratulations on getting Blown!.. Seneca