PDA

View Full Version : OK -- I am Registered for MV V -- Who Else??

Bluerauder
06-12-2007, 01:46 PM
Registration Officially opened at 10 PM, 11 June last night. Me and the Mrs. Bluerauder are in and anxiously awaiting another great National Gathering of Marauders. :2thumbs:

SC Cheesehead
06-12-2007, 02:54 PM
Registration Officially opened at 10 PM, 11 June last night. Me and the Mrs. Bluerauder are in and anxiously awaiting another great National Gathering of Marauders. :2thumbs:

I'll be regisitering by the end of the week (out on the road, business trips through Friday).

Hmmmmmm, Bluerauder and SC Cheesehead, two early registrants, two BLUE MMs. Coincidence? I think not.:)

Blackened300a
06-12-2007, 03:49 PM
I registered this afternoon. See you gentlemen in August

Pat
06-12-2007, 06:08 PM
Where exactly do you register? I can't seem to find the spot.

NEVER MIND, I FOUND IT, ON THE FRONT PAGE. HA,
Pat

Pat
06-12-2007, 06:48 PM
We are now registered for all the activities and drag racing.

I have started my MV-V folder and initiated the world famous (or infamous) spiral note book.

PAT

james79stang
06-12-2007, 07:40 PM
I registered the 11th.. for me and Laura...... all activities including drag racing

Motorhead350
06-12-2007, 09:13 PM
I will soon as I get my pay check this week. I can't wait to meet some of you!!!! :D

Canadasvt
06-15-2007, 08:24 AM
I just realised this event is in Maryland and not Florida. For some reason I thought it was always in FL.
Anyone know if Canadians now need a passport to skip over the border?

*EDIT* Okay I found this:
"As early as January 1, 2008, ALL persons*, including U.S. citizens, traveling between the U.S. and Canada, Mexico, Central and South America, the Caribbean, and Bermuda by land or sea (including ferries), may be required to present a valid passport or other documents as determined by the Department of Homeland Security. While recent legislative changes permit a later deadline, the Departments of State and Homeland Security are working to meet all requirements as soon as possible. Ample advance notice will be provided to enable the public to obtain passports or passport cards for land/sea entries."

http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/travel/alerts/whti/documents_needed.xml

Bluerauder
06-15-2007, 08:34 AM
:laugh:

I just realised this event is in Maryland and not Florida. For some reason I thought it was always in FL.
MV I - Ennis, TX
MV II - Indianapolis, IN
MV III - Detroit, MI
MV IV - Orlando, FL
MV V - Hagerstown, MD
MV VI - ?????

Haggis
06-15-2007, 08:47 AM

"As early as January 1, 2008, ALL persons*, including U.S. citizens, traveling between the U.S. and Canada, Mexico, Central and South America, the Caribbean, and Bermuda by land or sea (including ferries), may be required to present a valid passport or other documents as determined by the Department of Homeland Security. While recent legislative changes permit a later deadline, the Departments of State and Homeland Security are working to meet all requirements as soon as possible. Ample advance notice will be provided to enable the public to obtain passports or passport cards for land/sea entries."

I know of a nice quiet road through Vermont that you could take. ;)

DefyantExWife
06-18-2007, 03:47 PM
ohh i would've liked to have seen Indianapolis, finally meet my boss and coworkers for the last 3 yrs. :D

Plus there's a super-cool and nifty-like haunted library in Evansville I'd like to see some day. ;)

MM03MOK
06-19-2007, 06:50 AM
We're in!! Now we just have to figure out when we're arriving so we can book the room! I'm leaning towards driving down Monday so we can do some extra touring in Baltimore and DC.

Zack
06-19-2007, 06:58 AM
We're in!! Now we just have to figure out when we're arriving so we can book the room! I'm leaning towards driving down Monday so we can do some extra touring in Baltimore and DC.

Yeah, like you 2 drive to Marauder events.

Tell us another good one. :D

Bluerauder
06-19-2007, 07:00 AM
Ah Haaaa !! A hold out .... I thought you would have been 1st in to check on the registration process. ;)

If you need any ideas or recommendations for the area or have any questions, drop me a PM --- I am somewhat familiar with the area. :D I was born and raised in Baltimore until the US Army sent me to Northern Virginia. I have been in-and-out of the area very frequently for the past :cough: :cough: years. :rolleyes:

I'll be arriving at the hotel around 12 Noon on Wednesday, 1 August according to the current plan. :up:

MM03MOK
06-19-2007, 07:19 AM
Yeah, like you 2 drive to Marauder events.

Tell us another good one. :D
I can't help it if we live so far away from our friends...! We're even giving the honour of carrying our butts to the new Silver car......damn, she needs a name! Hmm....I grew up at Old Silver Beach...

Dan keeps talking about the B&O Railroad Museum! http://www.borail.org/ The Birthplace of American Railroading<SCRIPT><!--var mb1=ManyBox.register('1',3,'mL suAmlBcrMJ','www.borail.org',' c2b5',10,'Map of 901 W Pratt St, Baltimore, MD 21223')// --></SCRIPT>

Zack
06-19-2007, 07:37 AM
I think there is an error on the registration page.
According to the list, Children 12 and under have to pay $35.00 for the Potomac Cruise and adults are free.

Maybe those who registered already need to go back and check things over.

MM03MOK
06-19-2007, 07:43 AM
I think there is an error on the registration page.
According to the list, Children 12 and under have to pay $35.00 for the Potomac Cruise and adults are free.

Maybe those who registered already need to go back and check things over.
The luncheon cruise is included in the registration fee for adults (13 and up). We ask the adult to check the cruise off so we have an accurate headcount.

Registration is not required for 12 and under but if they attend the luncheon cruise, the child price for the cruise only is $35.

MyTMerc
06-20-2007, 05:59 PM
Just some addtional info for you about crossing the border.

The deadline for US citizens to get passports has been extended until 13 September due to the 3 million passport applications currently backlogged. The head of the department had to testify before congress yesterday to explain the backlog. US citizens must prove they have at least applied for a passport to take advantage of the time extention. Sorry that doesn't help much coming from the other direction. I'd check with your government to find out if there is a wait on the Canadian side of the street.
Hope to see you there!

1stMerc
06-20-2007, 09:10 PM
Just registered a little while ago.

RF Overlord
06-21-2007, 12:29 AM
Yeah, like you 2 drive to Marauder events.Hey! We drove The Blackbird to the Cleveland meet in '05...YOU even drove it at Dragway 42 and got its best time ever...remember? :drive:

Haggis
06-21-2007, 10:39 AM
Hmm....I grew up at Old Silver Beach...

Dan keeps talking about the B&O Railroad Museum! http://www.borail.org/ The Birthplace of American Railroading<SCRIPT><!--var mb1=ManyBox.register('1',3,'mL suAmlBcrMJ','www.borail.org',' c2b5',10,'Map of 901 W Pratt St, Baltimore, MD 21223')// --></SCRIPT>

There you go, call her 'The Old Silver Biotch'.

Not another R/R Museum. :shake:

RCSignals
06-21-2007, 11:33 AM
I can't help it if we live so far away from our friends...! We're even giving the honour of carrying our butts to the new Silver car......damn, she needs a name! Hmm....I grew up at Old Silver Beach...

Dan keeps talking about the B&O Railroad Museum! http://www.borail.org/<script><!--var mb1=ManyBox.register('1',3,'mL suAmlBcrMJ','www.borail.org',' c2b5',10,'Map of 901 W Pratt St, Baltimore, MD 21223')// --></script> The Birthplace of American Railroading

so which name will it be?

- Old Silver Beach

- Dan

- B&O

??

Haggis
06-21-2007, 12:00 PM
so which name will it be?

- Old Silver Beach

- Dan

- B&O

??