PDA

View Full Version : Stallion bog on some installs

CRUZTAKER
06-14-2007, 08:43 PM
There has been a lot of talk regarding the Stallion 3000 upgrade and what needs to done afterward lately.

I personally was unable to locate the original video posted that showed the issue in the 2-3 shift at WOT.

I therefore uploaded that members video again and will post another link.

I am not software knowledgeable, perhaps Lidio or Dennis will speak up as to how they solved this issue on the SCT tune. I am sure it is correctable with the Diablo as well.

For the most part, it is only annoying to those whom race for every bit of ET possible. The lag was VERY noticable, and very annoying to some of us.

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/misc.php?do=downloadfile&i=8498

Raudermaster
06-14-2007, 08:55 PM
So....the car will move, but it won't "unleash" all the power until it hits 3000 rpms or so right?

MM_BKK
06-15-2007, 04:45 AM
It seems like the converter is locking up at the top of 2nd gear going into 3rd.

I would recommend to have the converter lock up only in 4th gear in the tune.

Advancedautosec
06-15-2007, 08:41 AM
this is all very confusing. can someone clear up all this? it seems everybody has their own opinion on what route to take. there has to be a definite way to have this done, i will be picking my car up this weekend from having the 3000 installed, and i am curious to what steps ill need to take in the tune, though scott beers is sending me a custom tune....

Pat
06-15-2007, 01:04 PM
Cruztaker,

I listened and watched that video, even with my eye's close and could not detect any hesitation. My sensors must not be sensitive enough.

Sorry.

I did note that it took over 2.5 seconds for the tach to cross the 4K RPM point (start of power band).

one allegator, two allegator, three al........

whereas with my PI 3500 it was:

one allegator, two alle...........

Does that help you understand "Advancedautosec"?

gonzo50
06-15-2007, 02:48 PM
Cruztaker,

I listened and watched that video, even with my eye's close and could not detect any hesitation. My sensors must not be sensitive enough.

Sorry.

The hesitation is right before the tach hits 5k rpms in second gear.....:rolleyes:

I thought that at WOT, the torque convertor is always locked from start to finish for max power.:confused:

CRUZTAKER
06-15-2007, 03:38 PM
The test was not to show off as if this was a track day run, therfore there was no need for anything other than running WOT through the powerband. No showing off or racing.

Several us with 300A's had this issue and just could not convey it to the membership and tuners over the internet without some type of video.
I don't believe the '04's were in the mix.

The problem was solved with tuning swiftly and quickly.;)

Anyone getting one....get one. Don't hesitate. Get it...hesistate ?:D
You obviously didn't buy a TC to help enter the highway at 45. :burnout:

Drive the car and see for yourself.

Pat
06-16-2007, 04:27 AM
Thank's Gonzo for pointing out exactly where the anomoly occurs. I got it.

OK, since it was fixed by tuning what was "tuned".

For Cruztaker: Didn't intend anything more than commenting on my observation about the car in the video and my car for Advancedautosec's edification. He was askance about what all the stall converter talk meant and my purpose was to try and simplify matters.

There, that should be concretely clear. :)

Blackened300a
06-16-2007, 03:12 PM
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/misc.php?do=downloadfile&i=8498[/URL]

Been there and done that, Power Surge tuned my TC to lock up earlier to prevent any bogging.