PDA

View Full Version : Polished wheel needed

Shaft333
06-25-2007, 06:24 PM
I now need a new rim for my car. Something bad happened to one of mine and I can't bear to spend the money on a brand new one.
Perfect condition is not absolutely necessary, but it's got to be nice enough to have on my car and safe (ie if you wangered up your wheel I don't want that one)
Please PM me or send me a note to mostworshipfulrfguru@yahoo.com
Kind Regards
Rick

CRUZTAKER
06-25-2007, 06:54 PM
I have a local source.

PM me.

pantheroc
06-26-2007, 08:44 AM
I have a local source.

PM me.

Barry, I better not be on cinder blocks tomorrow! :mad:

Ken
06-26-2007, 09:07 AM
Barry, I better not be on cinder blocks tomorrow! :mad:Me neither!:D At least, let me burn off the extra rubber!:burnout:

Ken

KillJoy
06-26-2007, 09:12 AM
You ever thought of just having your wheel repaired / refinished?

I know several Chicago Members have had their wheels re-done... and locally I think.

:up:

KillJoy

Stranger in the Black Sedan
06-26-2007, 03:01 PM
I had 2 wheels re done and I was not happy. I ended up replacing them w/ a new and a good original. They were "okay". All of the refinishers I talked to agreed that the clear coat they spray will not quite match the OE finish in how clear it is, and how bright the finished product will shine. Whatever Ford used to coat these wheels with is tricky stuff (not sure if it is a paint or a powder coat). Whatever it is, a refinisher can get close, but not perfectly replicate it. And the OE clear is so delicate, I scratch it just washing it. I wish they weren't such pretty wheels that I had to keep them...

CRUZTAKER
06-26-2007, 03:10 PM
Barry, I better not be on cinder blocks tomorrow! :mad:

Me neither!:D At least, let me burn off the extra rubber!:burnout:

Ken

Mark had best be carefull now. :rolleyes::flamer:

Stranger in the Black Sedan
06-26-2007, 03:19 PM
Also Ric, check ebay. Don't buy the new Marauder wheels on ebay, they are cast, not forged like original, and some are bare polished and not clear coated (yeah that would look GREAT if someone used 1 bare polished replica wheel, once it started fading relative to the clear coated OE wheels).

BUT used OE Marauder wheels are usually pretty easy to find on the 'bay. Last time I checked there were 2 or 3 available. They aren't cheap even used (but these wheels just straight up aren't cheap no matter what, its an 18" forged alloy).

Shaft333
06-27-2007, 07:04 AM
The damage is not repariable. Dammm.