PDA

View Full Version : The Vortech Kit is here

Dennis Reinhart
07-06-2003, 05:21 PM
I have good news and bad news. Well here it is, all done. Actualy I am just kidding.

http://web.iwebcenters.com/reinhartautomotive/images/Mauarder002f.jpg

http://web.iwebcenters.com/reinhartautomotive/images/Mauarder003f.jpg
http://web.iwebcenters.com/reinhartautomotive/images/Mauarder008f.jpg

What I have done here is make a kit that basically bolts in place, I believe I only had to put 4 riv nuts in two places for the Maf, and PS pump reservoir any one else would have use self taping screws, this kit has a huge heat exchanger that bolts to existing factory screws, it has a large capacity coolant reservoir and high volume pump, I just got back from Atlanta after tuning it yesterday, on FIVE POUNDS boost the car made 363 RWHP and 348 foot pounds of torque with a 12.0 straight A/F.

So what I am going to offer is two versions of this kit, one with the E Trim blower with 3.61 stock pulley 363 RWHP or a S Trim with a 3.48, Nine to Ten pounds boost, the S trim will make 450 RWHP and still be totally safe.

Today it was 93 degrees out the intake air temp never got above 103 degrees you cannot get much better than this, at 65/70 mph the car averaged 21.6 MPG with 4:30 gears, I a very happy with my results, I will post the other dyno sheets later this week, the kit goes on sale tonight call me any time for pricing and questions.

Here is picture of the Gauges the green LED comes on when the after cooler pump is running, also I took the ambient air temperatures sensor that's normally in front of the grill, and put that in the pipe going to the Throttle body, so you can actually see the inlet air temp entering the motor, as you see it it says 98 degrees. I will post more later this week, http://web.iwebcenters.com/reinhartautomotive/images/session/00-00-1057536525-Marauder076s.jpg

Logan
07-06-2003, 05:41 PM
Suhwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeee eeeeeeet! :up:

TAF
07-06-2003, 05:43 PM
I TOLD you guys it was clean!!!

GREAT numbers on only 5lbs of boost, Dennis!!!

jgc61sr2002
07-06-2003, 05:48 PM
Dennis - That system sure looks great. Definately looks factory.:up: :up:

martyo
07-06-2003, 05:58 PM
Dennis: You are killing me! I promised myself I would stop after the headers and the brakes, but......

Now, if I had my car trucked to you instead of to Texas for the big meet, how long would the install take? Also, any idea of how long it would take me to drive from Florida to Texas, post supercharger, of course?

martyo
07-06-2003, 06:01 PM
Oh yeah, one other thing, why would one choose one trim over the other? "E" versus "S"?

Bigdogjim
07-06-2003, 06:07 PM
Christmas in July! What a day! Great job! Looks great, I like the gauges inside. Nice touch.

Dennis Reinhart
07-06-2003, 06:08 PM
The E Trim is a low boost blower, , I thought this would be enough and it is if you are happy with those numbers, but I want more LOL The S Trim flows more air

GodOSpeed
07-06-2003, 06:41 PM
Hey Dennis great kit and awsome #s!!

Marauder57
07-06-2003, 06:54 PM
Hey Dennis car looks awesome and that is some set up....I like the fact you are using factory holes...not a lot of drilling....Seeing as how we have the same color car.....We can just swap this week..... It was worth a try..... :D

BigMerc
07-06-2003, 07:19 PM
Thankyou lord, we have been delivered, now bless us with about 6 G's so we may partake in thine fruits. Rheinhart 7-03

JET
07-06-2003, 08:08 PM
Denise,
Wow, it looks amazing do you have any 0-60 or 1/4 mile numbers yet?

Dennis Reinhart
07-06-2003, 08:12 PM
I just got home tonight, I am installing a 3000 PI and I will install 15" Nittos and take it to Gainesville in the next few weeks

JerseyVics
07-06-2003, 09:00 PM
looks like the Kenny Brown set up.

good job!

--Russ ;)

Marauder57
07-06-2003, 09:18 PM
Well as Interior Designer as this might sound....I like the look of all the metal and it really matches the color of the car....very cool....it would look really slick at a show.....

MMpridenjoy
07-06-2003, 09:25 PM
One word...."SOLD!"

Dennis Reinhart
07-07-2003, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by JerseyVics
looks like the Kenny Brown set up.

good job!

--Russ ;)

Well its very similar but not the same, and I dont believe his looks this good

prchrman
07-07-2003, 07:40 AM
bodacious...that looks great...not tacky...way clean...you have me seriously thinking about this one...you are going to keep on till I void my warranty...ain't ye...

the fat bastid
07-07-2003, 08:24 AM
thats one of the cleanest, non-obtrusive 'charger installs i've ever seen.

PIMP! heh

Ross
07-07-2003, 08:48 AM
Dennis, two questions:
1. Is this a centrifugal or Roots type blower?
2. Assuming that someone drove fairly conservatively, and didn't really push the engine all the time, only using the SC for occasional bursts of speed, what will the addition of the SC do to expected life span of the engine?
Great looking kit. Thanks

WolfeBros
07-07-2003, 09:46 AM
Very nice and clean looking installation Dennis. Congrats on the great numbers as well.:up:

BODYMAN
07-07-2003, 10:08 AM
Dennis, no pop off valve?? maybe I missed in the pic. looks great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Todd

Dennis Reinhart
07-07-2003, 10:11 AM
no pop pff is a blow through Maf my set up is different it has a bypass

prchrman
07-07-2003, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by RF Overlord
Face it, willie, the SS inserts already voided your body/paint warranty, and the non-OEM floor mats voided your interior warranty, you may as well go the rest of the way...

:lol:

$1600 down the drain...I know...:cry:

Matt Johnson
07-07-2003, 10:55 AM
Looks great! I'm interested to see where it starts putting the power. Does it give the car anything more down low (without a gear change) or does it come on at higher RPM?

Mike M
07-07-2003, 12:16 PM
I am really impressed...Ok how much????

amerikan
07-07-2003, 02:16 PM
yeah lol.. how much for the s-trim?

JerseyVics
07-07-2003, 05:14 PM
my next car will have a Vortech...

give me a year folks, I'll buy one!

--Russ :)

mclemore102
07-07-2003, 06:50 PM
How much for the kit?

Dr Caleb
07-07-2003, 07:15 PM
Amen brother!

Dennis: Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

I've been bouncing around the idea of going to different vendors to get the most bang for my buck. Suspension and toys from one, chip and exhaust from you, blower from another and frankenstein will live!

You've convinced me that my love of roots type blowers, while not unfounded, could be the wrong answer for this ride.

As soon as my accountant stops calling me and leaving death threats :lol: on my machine, we'll be talking!

You were always my main choice, as there is little chance I could bring my car to you, so I'd have to go with a kit type setup that could be shipped to me. For perspective, imagine your bodyshop was in Bogota, Columbia. That's the distance between us!

tetsu
07-07-2003, 09:46 PM
I normally do not care for the look of centrifugals. Dennis has done an amazing job with this. It's beautiful.

Now all he needs to do is have a second type with black urethane hose connections instead of the bling-bling blue! :)

Red would be the only other color I'd consider in my engine compartment. I'd personally prefer black.

Johnny

Mike M
07-07-2003, 09:50 PM
Dennis...do you have prices yet for either version??? I want a SC by the end of summer.

JamesHecker
07-07-2003, 11:37 PM
Absolutely Awesome!

Thank you Dennis!

A couple of posts have asked for the price. It's not one of those cases of "if you have to ask, you can't afford it" is it? Just kidding!

Will you be posting prices and availability or should we PM or call?

Once again you have shown this community your passion and dedication to our beloved car!

Many, many, thanks!:banana2: :banana2: :beer: :rock:

studio460
07-08-2003, 12:46 AM
NICE!!! Beautiful work, Dennis! I LIKE the blue!

BigMerc '03
07-08-2003, 01:46 AM
yes plz give use a price me myself i would like the price for the WILD vortech kit

BillyGman
07-08-2003, 02:49 AM
here's my 2 cents: first let me say that I'm not in the market right now for a S/C since I can't scrape up enuf dead presidents for that. But for those of you who can, I think it would be wise for you to take heed to what Dennis has written in his last post in this thread concerning the Eaton. Dennis is spot on w/his comments, and has made an accurate point which it sounds like some of you might be overlooking. You cannot realisticly compare what has been done w/the new Cobra to what you want to do w/your Marauder concerning the choice of a S/C. Why? Because the Cobra engine has been altered in other ways to take the extra cylinder pressures that supercharging will create. The engine's bottom end has been beefed up a bit for durability. And if you overlook durability while considering a S/Cer, then you're making a big mistake, and in that case don't be surprised when you've put another 30K on your engine w/the S/C and by that time it's beat. The Cobra motor has an iron block, and it has a forged crankshaft. It also has different pistons, and so the compression ratio is only at 8.5:1 as opposed to our Marauders' compression ratio of 9.8:1. And that means alot when you're using a S/C. And I wouldn't be surprised to find out that the Cobra engine also has different connecting rods as well. So listen to Dennis. It's obvious to me that he's not throwing you a curveball when he said that he has done his homework on this issue. because it's very apparent by his previous statements that he has done his homework.

Dennis Reinhart
07-08-2003, 05:06 AM
I can get the connecting collars in black, if you want prices on the kit please call, and the 03 Cobra motor was designed for the Eaton blower as Bill just said the 03 has a steel crank ours does not the cobra has a Manly rod ours do not and it has forged lower compression pistons right now you can remove the Eaton off a 03 Cobra install a Kenny bell blower along with 55 pound injectors and a Kenny Bell boost a Pump and the car lays down 600 RWHP on 93 octane, this can be done for the Marauder if you build the mtor, I would love to do it, if someone wants it done give me a call.

Dennis

Marauder57
07-08-2003, 06:57 AM
Eaton off a 03 Cobra install a Kenny bell blower along with 55 pound injectors and a Kenny Bell boost a Pump and the car lays down 600 RWHP on 93 octane, this can be done for the Marauder if you build the mtor, I would love to do it, if someone wants it done give me a call.

I would hope that this install includes a lifetime supply of tires.....man 600RWHP... :burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

Logan
07-08-2003, 07:07 AM
Originally posted by Marauder57
I would hope that this install includes a lifetime supply of tires.....man 600RWHP... :burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

No doubt! :)

prchrman
07-08-2003, 07:12 AM
we call em "tars" around here...cause thats what they leave with 600rwhp...chirp to scream evolution is in high gear...

Ross
07-08-2003, 07:35 AM
A couple of things concern me, maybe because I'm just a little conservative (although I would LOVE a SC on my MM), and maybe because I'm not as familiar with SC's as some of you are. A couple of folks briefly mentioned engine longevity in relation to SC'ed engines, but no one has answered the question that I have asked in a couple of threads about SC's. For those of us who intend to keep our MM's for a long time, and who don't want to rebuild an engine every 100,000 miles, what does a SC do to engine life? I know that any engine which is run hard, raced at the track a couple of times a month, etc., will wear out sooner than one which isn't pushed so hard. But will the mere presence of a SC, being pushed every so often but not regularly, cause excessive engine wear and decrease longevity? Also, a number of people have asked about price, and Dennis has said to talk to him directly. Please understand, this is not an accusation against Dennis, who we all thank for his work in developing things we want, but it scares me a little bit when a vendor won't say what the price is out in the open. If the kit isn't priced yet, that's easy enough to say. If it is priced, that's easy enough to say. If the price is too much for some of us, that's just the way it goes. But at least we will all have the information, and can add that to the list of things we are considering such as centrifugal vs. Roots, etc. Again, I'm not trying to knock anyone, I'm just concerned when we can't get an open response to a very legitimate question about pricing. Having seen Dennis respond to numerous other questions, I'm sure that he will have be up front about this, as well.

Dennis Reinhart
07-08-2003, 07:57 AM
Ross apparently you never read the post I have said please call three times, this section is not for posting prices. I don,t think Logan wants me to post prices here, I have never seen other vendors post there prices in this forum, Below is from my first post.

So what I am going to offer is two versions of this kit, one with the E. Trim blower with 3.61 stock pulley 363 RWHP or a S. Trim with a 3.48, Nine to Ten pounds boost, the S trim will make 450 RWHP and still be totally safe.

Today it was 93 degrees out the intake air temp never got above 103 degrees you cannot get much better than this, at 65/70 mph the car averaged 21.6 MPG with 4:30 gears, I a very happy with my results, I will post the other dyno sheets later this week, the kit goes on sale tonight call me any time for pricing and questions.

Now if you are concerned about longevity go with the 363 RWHP set up this is five pounds boost, but again even with the S trim at 9 PSI the car is safe because of the tuning, and good AF, I have seen 4.6's fail before 100k with no mods, so again it depends on the driver the abuse and maintaining the car, and keeping good gasoline in the car.

Dennis

Ross
07-08-2003, 08:10 AM
Thanks, Dennis-- I read the post, and I know that these threads are not for general advertising purposes, but it seems that with so many people asking about the price, and probably others wondering as well, it would be much more convenient to have it posted one time for all to see. Like I said, nothing in my post was intended as a flame, just trying to get info that everyone probably wants in the easiest manner. Thanks for the info about engine life.

Logan
07-08-2003, 08:29 AM
If people are truly interested, pick up a phone and call for pricing.

Prices can be posted, but honestly, when you're considering a purchase of this magnitude, you need to pick up a phone.

As for supercharging engines, Manufacturers have been supercharging engines from the factory for eons... Recent examples include the Ford Lightning and Cobra. There's no additional "wear or tear" to be had. I've personally put over 60k miles on a Lightning and never had one hiccup, nor should I ever expect too...

JerseyVics
07-08-2003, 09:18 AM
Now that the Vortech is done, who will seriously take mensrea's route and sponsor the Kenne Bell screw type supercharged 600hp Marauder???

come on, there's gotta be someone? I'm 20 yo and too poor to go for it, but I'm sure some of my elders here might consider it, lol

--Russ :)

BillyGman
07-08-2003, 11:03 AM
while using a S/C, the main point i was trying to make in my previous post is that how maximum horsepower shouldn't be the only goal when choosing which S/C to purchase, because the entire engine set-up has to be engineered to endure the extra power and increased cylinder pressure. And when you purchase a vehicle from the factory that has a S/C such as the Cobra, or the Lightning, that engineering has been done for you. But when you're considering aftermarket parts, either you have to become the engineer, or you need to rely on the person selling you the S/C kit to become the engineer. So you best make sure that you do your homework, and/or the person selling you the S/C kit has done theirs, and is also genuinely also concerned about the longevity of your motor as much as he is about enabling your motor to make more HP. So just for starters, all the components of the entire bottom end of the motor have to be considered. To overlook this would be unwise, and could very well result in a costly mistake down the road.;)

Dennis Reinhart
07-08-2003, 06:11 PM
Let me add here, after lots of calls today about the kit, after talking with Vortech today, the kit now contains the top of the line Vortech S. Trim complete with Bracket assembly and new belt with 1 year warranty. I can offer several power levels with a pulley size change, that is also included. The kit was designed to bolt into factory bolt holes, there are only four holes drilled into the car that have had riv nuts installed, the car can be converted back to stock apearence very easily if the kit was to be removed.

The kit has a new redesigned water cross over pipe, new radiator coolant reservoir two new radiator hoses, a new radiator cooling fan assembly a two and one half gallon inner cooler reservoir with Bracket assembly, a huge aluminum heat exchanger, with Bracket assembly.

A custom after cooler, with a high volume electric water pump, an internal led, that lights when the pump is on, the kit has larger injectors, a high volume fuel pump, a relocated air cleaner with K&N air cleaner with Bracket assembly, and custom wiring harness.

The discharge pipes and after cooler are powder coated, it also come with bypass valve, and of course a dyno proven chip, if you have a chip from me now I will deduct 250.00 from the kit price and reburn you old chip for FREE. The kit also comes with my full and complete support, and detailed instructions.

rumble
07-08-2003, 07:27 PM
"Its the stuff dreams are made of"

Kenny's car
07-08-2003, 08:56 PM
You know, I gotta admit, I want one of these bad! After looking at the other S/Cs, this one seems so un-intrusive. The centrifigal blower probably makes boost a little slower than the roots type, but that may not be a bad thing, if one is concerned about wear and tear. Basides these type blowers and Ford motors go way back, just seems right. Now if I can just convince the wife that it is a heavy duty alternator to handle the kid's DVD player :-)

Marauderer
07-08-2003, 10:29 PM
I'm ready for one of these myself, but I want to wait and see how it does on the track for a fair comparison. Dennis, are you planning on bolting one on a bone stock MM so that we can get level playing field comparison numbers? I know you believe in a cummualtive effect, but it would be nice to compare your package on a stock car versus the "other" one that just came out.

I also think the pricing question might also be squashed if your site was ready with your Marauder offerings. I go to it constantly as I am either up too early or too late to call while traveling (it is now 12:30 AM CST). It would also clear up a ton of confusion as I have read other posts where people couldn't even agree on what "exactly" was in Stage I, II, and III, let alone how each one benefited you in the real world.

With that said, what I think I hear a hint of in earlier posts is that people would prefer to know that you have a set pricing structure that doesn't change with the wind. I say that I detected only a hint of this as you are obviously trusted here, but keep in mind that some people are just Internet oriented, like to looks things up and compare offline, and shy away from calling someone in "sales" mode regardless if they are the actual engineer and/or trustworthy or not. It's just a personality and/or in my case a time thing.

Besides, I'm not sure why you couldn't put pricing in this section. With your website under construction, you being a sponsor of the site, and this being titled the "Reinhart Automotive" forum, it seems perfectly appropriate and logical.

JamesHecker
07-08-2003, 11:27 PM
The reason I wouldn't have minded seeing the price for this kit here or on Dennis' web site is that I am just curious at this point. I would feel guilty calling and bugging Dennis for the price when I am probably not completely ready to buy it right now.

It's not a big deal though. I have an idea what I think something like this should cost, and when I am ready (sshh...don't tell Dennis) the price wont really matter! :D

One thing that does concern me about the kit though is that with me on the opposite coast from Dennis someone else will have to tune his kit. I would hope that wouldn't be a problem but I don't know.

Dennis Reinhart
07-09-2003, 04:42 AM
[i]
One thing that does concern me about the kit though is that with me on the opposite coast from Dennis someone else will have to tune his kit. I would hope that wouldn't be a problem but I don't know. [/B]

The car cars already been tuned we have the file this file can be adjusted for the 4 calibratuion codes out there for the Marauder, but to be safe I would say have it checked if it needs adjusted I will do it for free, and just send you the chip. James just pick the phone up and dial 904-276-5003 its that simple

Dennis

JamesHecker
07-09-2003, 07:57 AM
Excellant!

Thank you Dennis. As a proud owner of your Stage I mods, I certainly will call you!

Dave Compson
07-09-2003, 06:16 PM
Thank you dennis, I appreciate the hard work you have done to make this a reality. Thank you...

Marauder57
07-09-2003, 09:13 PM
Well today was a very special day......I got to see the new Reinhart Vortech Set up.....the only thing I can say is "AWESOME!!!".

It is a masterpiece from top to bottom....and I am not just talking about the performance part....oh...where to start....

First off...took my MM by to let Dennis and his magicians..."Play with it"...spent most of the day...and as a treat I got the full tour...of this awesome power plant...

Here are my observations and thoughts in no particular order:

-First off got to take a ride in this bad boy....Had just met Dennis and we discuss the usual....what to be done.....how you doing...etc....everyone gets settled in and I get the call "Lets go for a ride...." It was like "Let's go open presents on Christmas, when you are 6 years old....."

So I hop in and Dennis has really had this car tricked out....Power Moon roof....all power plenty of options.....and when you turn the key off....roof closes....

But anyway...we turn out onto the little access road towards SR21 a 3 lane wide road....I am just kind of relaxing...we are BS'ing in the car....I am watching Dennis....you know just driving he is checking stuff out...so I am thinking hmmmm we must be heading to some little backroad where he will just unload....So traffic thins out...he pulls out....and POW! He guns that thing and I thought I was going to roll over top the front seat and into the back.....also I was going to check to see if my head snapped back into the back seat....(of course I did not show this...trying to be cool while I felt a grin just spreading on my face)....We were intantly at 70-80 and the car was just barely getting started....

I look over at Dennis...and he is grinning (little hard to tell with his moustache)...but he is grinning like a proud poppa of a baby boy....who he knows will end up being the next Dick Butkus in the NFL..."Well....?" He says......"Ah, you know...pretty cool...nice pickup..." I don't really wan t to say..."Well Dennis I will be sending you my chiropractor bill!!"

We go do a couple errands.....so the rest of the time I am "on notice" for the WOT.....so I think this time...because I am ready it will not seam as impressive....WRONG! Next time we have a little more room.....Here we go again.....front base of my neck gets a real workout keeping my head upright.....real nice...heck awesome...neck snapping power..

So we get back....what does he say....Not enough....This is E Series....I am going to go S series blower...tweak it a bit more and then it will really run....What the f.....? is he nuts....

Later on in the day...he puts the car on the rack and we get under it.....what a work of art.....To say it looks like factory...is an insult....Factory wishes they could make a system that looked this good....All the welds...all the connections perfect....very well assembled...all finished...no corners cut....period!!! The exhaust....beautiful....the hoses.....have fittings....not clamps....clean and beautiful...like a fountain....and everything is completely concealed well laid out...A LOT of thought into putting this under the hood....location....assembly.. ...just great.......

I see all the pumps....everything.....clever ly made to merge with the cars natural lines.....car looks EXACTLY like mine...but hides a monster....The powder coated assembly etc...is first rate....looks perfect....show quality.....nice and clean.....

I am by no means a "gearhead".....but I got an education today on cars...and performance....and a completly ignorant person can see that Dennis put together a masterpiece.....would I buy one....personally it is not a matter of money........honestly it is too much engine for me....for my driving etc....and even performance wise...it is just too much....Stage one....works great and I am extremely pleased.....Dennis's Vortech set up...makes Stage 1 look like Charlie Brown next to the Terminator......

And this system Dennis has assembled...is not an abberation or a one time deal for Dennis...I saw 3 of his Superchargers in other cars today 2 Stangs and a MM.....and all of them have beautiful well finished and perfect set ups.....his perfection and consistency are at a high level....his attention to detail is something else....and talking to the owners....they love it.....and these are GEARheads.....

Bottom Line....Dennis has a winner here...in a big way......He knows he has done well but his perfectionist attitude....does not let him truly appreciate it.....When he gets done "tweaking it" I am going to drive up to Gainesville for his track run and watch this thing tear it up....take some pictures too....but I want to see this bad arse....run it down from a safe spot.....standing on firm ground.... :D .....but I will hop in that thing again....for sure....

It should come with a little CD to pop in as you get in the car...

"Thank you for purchasing the Dennis Reinhart Vortech System....Please fasten your seatbelts and adjust your seating. Please keep all hands and children inside the car at all times until the car comes to a complete and total stop. If you are pregnant, a young child or have a history of heart problems....please exit the car NOW! Dennis Reinhart cannot be held responsible for the following: Death or Heart attack from Fear, Over excitement or broken necks....we will however take full credit for the Permanant All Teeth Grin that will appear on your face....Dennis Reinhart Automotive will pay for your first speeding ticket.....but will not pay bail or court costs for any high speed police chases...when you do 140+ in a 55."

Dennis just got to say thanks for the treat...and I will be bugging you for your Gainesville Track date...to see that thing tear it up....

Oh by the way...I still think your are charging way to little for all your hard work......you have a major winner here..... :bows: :bows: :bows: :bows:

Oh, BTW my wife is pissed at you...all she has heard since I got home is.....WOW!!!!!!

JamesHecker
07-09-2003, 10:16 PM
What a great post, Marauder 57.

Marauderman
07-10-2003, 04:46 AM
I'm leaning over and over and this I think has me falling completely over-- the excitement is too much!

heck--it's only a 6 hr drive to Dennis's shop..--which is four hours from my daughters home further south..

hummm ..maybe talk wife into another trip to Fla..stop over ..leave MM at Dennis and rent car to daughters home and return and like Marauder57 says ..end up with a --WOW!!!! just don't know which I want-----Hummmmm ..which to get ..363 0r 450..guess a test drive is deffinetly in order with Dennis...( note to self: take neck pillow for test drive ).....decisions...decisions... .problem is ..have to wait till either Nov. or next year when more Vac. days are available......more decisions.......Oh my!!!!!

Logan
07-10-2003, 05:24 AM
Awesome read.... :)

jgc61sr2002
07-10-2003, 06:29 AM
57 - Sure sounds like you had a good time. I don't think you will ever be able to wipe the grin off you face.:up:

Marauder57
07-10-2003, 07:35 AM
Originally posted by jgc61sr2002
57 - Sure sounds like you had a good time. I don't think you will ever be able to wipe the grin off you face.:up:

You ain't lyin...I was out this morning walking my dog and looking at my car...and thinking how did he put so much power into a car that looks exactly like mine.....

It was awesome.....I cannot stop talking about it....my wife is afraid I am going to want to have Dennis put one in my MM....I think after the day at the track in a week or so....she may want it!

If I was going to have it done I would have Dennis install it....the man takes pride in his work....and the best way to judge a man is by the company he keeps.....or in business this would equate to customer testimonials....here at MM we have all heard about how great his mods are....and they are....but Dennis does mods for other cars as well not just MM. He has a GREAT rep in the Stang community...and the people who have done business with Dennis are not "one timers"....

In one day of typical business I saw 4 long timers of Dennis'....who built their cars from start to finish...and they speak of Dennis as genuis......and I do not throw this word around lightly...and I can assure you if you met the guys I was talking to....neither do they. 3 people were in the shop who drove over 2 hours to work with Dennis....One guy did not even have an appointment...he has his car serviced by Dennis...and brings it in for constant add-ons....he is moving to DC and wanted some last minute mods...to leave a lasting impression in his hometown of Gainesville before he moves....

Dennis does not just get the car done and then say "Thanks nice knowing you..." He says "Let's go for a ride" and you ride with him while he tests his handiwork....we rode around for about 10 minutes with deliberate "moves" before he would say he was "Pleased".....

And customer service....is not just a slogan....while he was working on the car I said..."Hey do you have any wheel locks here or know where I can get some?"....He said those are a "very good" idea...you should have those....Jumps on the phone gets a hold of someone..."Pick up some wheel locks..." About 20 minutes later...there they are....20 minutes after that they are on the car!

He asked me towards the end of the day have you upgraded your headlights to silverstars...I said no not yet....POW...on the phone again....Grab some Silver stars....next thing I know a guy comes through the door and then they are on the car....

An old customer comes in and needs a part installed.....Dennis says "Leave it here I will take care of it...here are the keys to my Truck....I will call you when it is done..." Say what? His own truck....

And the best never sleeps....he has all these parts he shows me...I found this part that will work great in our MM....I had this drive shaft made special.....I have been developing this part for a while....

Young and old customers...and the phone does not stop ringing....I mean by the end of the day I was tired listening to Dennis answer the phone......

Through out the day I keep looking at the supercharger....the hood is open and I can't stop checking it out....just beautiful....so clean...End of the day is coming and I am about to leave....Dennis' old Navy buddy walks in....I have an emergency need a part....Dennis says "Roll it in we will do it now!" My day is ending...Dennis just keeps going....

I said good bye and call me when the track day is set...I compliment him on everything and thank him again for the ride in the Vortech......

Then I go out running my Stage 1 for the first time.....man it is like a new car....but it is no Reinhart Vortech Kit.......

Oh and still have a little neck soreness....:D

looking97233
07-12-2003, 02:28 AM
Well, I have always been a roots/ autorotor fan. I can't afford to set the MM up right to do the autorotor . After reading the posts here, I may be leaning in Dennis's direction. (As soon as work picks up) I wonder if Dennis needs any electrical work done.

BigMerc
07-12-2003, 08:53 AM
I opened a new bank account, and started the the "gotta get the supercharger fund" keeping it separate from all other funds, should be making an appointment in November for my supercharger..... hey can I have that aluminum can your holding?. and how much do they pay for blood these days?

deerejoe
07-12-2003, 11:08 AM
A great testimonial to a well deserving individual, Dennis Reinhart.
The VORTECH set-up is a mouth watering morsel.
Being retired and living on a fixed income does make one priortize their expenditures...what was the price of those aluminum cans again????
I believe I can find a burlap sack and nail stick...now to find a re-cycling center that will pay LARGE dividends....

Marauder57
07-12-2003, 12:35 PM
As for the cans...every little bit helps...dont forget aluminum foil....It is a beautiful set up......

I believe Dennis will be showing it at the Ennis meet.....but if you are on the fence about getting one don't look it over or ride in the car.....there will be no fence! :D

SergntMac
07-13-2003, 08:42 AM
Just this last week, Dennis opened talks with Jerry Barnes about representing the Trilogy product in the South East regions to insure good installs and satisfied customers. I think that's real big of Dennis, to invite the competition into his house and truely let the consumer name his own poison. Dennis isn't threatened by the Trilogy setup, and I don't believe Jerry barnes feels threatened by Dennis. But, these men are professionals, and grown ups.

Then it's Kenny Brown's turn, and at that time, Kenny's statement that a roots style blower would not FIT under the stock MM hood was true. He never said it would not work. That was a year ago, and it still would not fit, if not for the custom bellows on the Trilogy car.

As for the OEM look of either set up, when was the side by side comparasion made? Any y'all get a good look ar Reinhart's accomplishments? He sent me a dozen pics, and y'all are going to get a real suprise when you eyeball the Reinhart treatment. Now, if you are thinking that Reinhart's car is going to look like my ragdoll, that's a nice two birds with one stone...

Edited by Logan: This post had ALOT of very valid points, but was edited to "de-hijack" this thread. Thanks for the input Sarge.

Billatpro
07-13-2003, 10:17 AM
Thanks Mac for setting this straight, it did need saying and as always you said it well.

I have my own preference's and opinions on these system's, fit, finish and price but have refrained from posting them here for fear of flaming retorts. I don't need it nor do these vendors.

When it's time to Mod my car, I will decide what is best for ME, with out challanges or approvals from anyone, and thats the end of it.

sailsmen
07-13-2003, 10:29 AM
As has been stated before we now have 4 options to SC our Marauder. Very impressive for a vehicle of low volume and questionable continued production.

I my opinon all 4 are done to standards that exceeds the standards our cars were built to by the factory. I have no hesitation in having any of the 4 put on my vehicle. They are all excellent products by quality oriented firms.

All 4 are different and are producing remarkably similar results based on the information I have seen thus far. This leads me to beleive all 4 have met the limitations of the MM to produce power with out major changes to the engine internals and drive train.

At this point IMHO which way of the four you go is based on personal preference, prior experience with the vendor and geography. Not on one of the 4 being an inferior or low quality product.

The logical thing and whats in the best interest of a MM owner is to support all 4. Unless a specific reason devleops in the future this is the position I am taking. Choice is a good thing, personal preference is a good thing!

I am pleased to say it has turned around but unfortunately after a lot of damage was done, some IMHO is permanent.

I hope the same does not happen here!

TAF
07-13-2003, 10:35 AM
Thanks Mac.

Dennis Reinhart
07-13-2003, 11:23 AM
Actualy I have a friend in MI that just did a ProCharger so now we have 5, he is going to send me his numbers and pictures

Dennis Reinhart
07-13-2003, 03:52 PM
I think I have clearly explained my self. All you have to do is pick the phone up and call, I can clarify any questions you have, If any one has any questions just give me a call, yes I am busy most days but I always have time to talk, for if it was not for the members here and your support my business would not have grown as much as it has in the last year. I have the S. Trim on Keith's car I am seeing 10 PSI it goes back to the Dyno Monday I will post the numbers later this week, now lets quit the tit for tat stuff get back on target and talk about our awesome cars, that's what a car club is for, to discuss its unique characteristics its inherit problems and or fixes, performance enhancement's. I am looking forward to Ennis.

P.S. I forgot I did this in Febuary and darn it has a eaton type roots blower on it, and its not inner cooled.

http://www.fordexplorer.net/viewtopic.php?t=666&start=0

http://web.iwebcenters.com/reinhartautomotive/images/MVC-126S.jpg

http://web.iwebcenters.com/reinhartautomotive/images/Mvc-129f.jpg

http://web.iwebcenters.com/reinhartautomotive/images/Mvc-130f.jpg

Dennis

Logan
07-14-2003, 06:13 AM
All,

I have severely edited and de-hijacked this thread. While some of the questions posed were valid, their tone or context was disrespectful or intended to inflame. This will simply not be tolerated. If I have to touch this thread again, I'll be deleting members as well as posts.

Be respectful and play nice.

My apologies to Dennis for having to endure the disrespect and rudeness of some of the membership.

I personally can't wait to take the car for a blast down the track... :)

SouLRioT
07-26-2003, 03:03 PM
Dennis, does the boost gauge and light come with the package?? I thought someone would have asked that befor it got to five pages. Also what else would you recomend for someone to have installed also with this upgrade? Would it be smart to just get your SC kit and nothing else?

Dennis Reinhart
07-30-2003, 08:13 PM
12.360 at 113.3 MPH and right now Kieth's car makes 460 RWHP.

http://web.iwebcenters.com/reinhartautomotive/images/session/00-00-1059620858-wedgainesville.jpg

This car will go 11's it just needs minor massaging, I am totally comfortable with this car, My kit does not include the fuel pressure or boost gauges but I do stock them, as with any supercharged car its all about being able to get out the tail pipe what you are forcing down the TB, so the Shorties and high flow cats really do help.

http://www.marauder57.com/rp.html

sailsmen
07-31-2003, 05:53 AM
Wow, those are great numbers.

Would it be possible to post rack times with the stock tires?

Would it be possible to post track times with the stock wheels with track tires?

Could your chip have a switch for the stock tire combo and a switch for track wheel/tire combo.

My thinking is some Marauder owners would not want to change for the track to different tires and wheels, others will but then they would have the shift point issue and possibly traction control issue.

If your chip could be set up for stock tires and also for track tire wheel combo the Marauder owner would only need to change to track tire/wheels and flick a chip switch.

MM03MOK
08-01-2003, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by Dennis Reinhart
.... just pick the phone up and dial 904-276-5003 its that simple

Dennis

Dennis Reinhart
08-16-2003, 12:55 PM
It has been brought to my attention that there has been questions raised about Keith's track times. I posted official track times and verifiable dyno numbers. I have not seen any others posted, by other MM owners. Some people have stated the track times are faster because of the tire size, yes Keith's car has 17" wheels with slicks, I installed these because I could not get slicks to fit 18" wheels and yes 17" did make the car faster. Any one else that has a Marauder with any type of S/C kit can do the same and post there times, I am sure all the members here would like to see them. I know this car will go 11's I will have a car in 10's with in two months. OK I have taken the 17" off now and have the 18" OEM tires and wheels on there I have not taken the car to the track because I have been waiting on a fuel pump up grade, I will post those new times when I can, and yes they will be slower, it will still be faster. Than most other kits out there, Why because I am making close to 70 RWHP more???? that's not all do to tires and rims. So lets keep every thing in perspective.

JerseyVics
08-16-2003, 02:09 PM
its easier to bench race, lol

--Russ

SergntMac
08-16-2003, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by Dennis Reinhart
I posted official track times and verifiable dyno numbers. I have not seen any others posted, by other MM owners...I am sure all the members here would like to see them. I know this car will go 11's So lets keep every thing in perspective.

Yes, you have posted your time slips, Dennis, they are right here in this thread should anyone care to page up. Guess it's easier to ignore the truth than acknowledge it, and offer a "tip of the hat" when due. Not seeing something is the easy excuse.

I too, wish this nonsense would stop, it's pitting owner against owner, when all of us would benefit more in mutual interests and better friendships. Nothing wrong with being proud of your accomplishments, but some of you go too far.

I'll tell y'all something you should know. I own a car that Dennis could view as competitive to his, it's the second fastest MM on the street right now. Yet, he gives me advice almost daily on how to fine tune it and make it run better, knowing I could catch up to him. That's a true sportsman, who knows the real competition is man vs. automobile, the mechanical challenge. Anyone who can cleanly advise a competitor, is quite a gentleman. Some of y'all should zip it up and learn a lesson.

Marauder57
08-16-2003, 04:02 PM
It is too bad stuff like this happens...the internet is a great thing...but the "whose is better" argument comes up on every forum no matter what the subject matter....I like Reinharts set up...I like his workmanship...and I have seen up close the time and detail he puts into everything...that has earned my business...

Bottom line Dennis is an MM owner....Just flat out loves the car and wants to make the Marauder the best it can be...even at the expense of costing him personal gains....he is a car enthusiast...if you ever met Dennis and talked to him face to face about the Marauder and the excitement he has talking mods....it is like a kid on Christmas morning....he loves the car and the whole "building a better mousetrap" part of it. I feel lucky to be close enough to have him work on the car first hand....but mainly glad he owns one of these cars first hand and contributes to the board...

BTW Mac...you go brother.... :up: