PDA

View Full Version : Xcal2 Extreme Tune files, TC lockup schedule

Grifter
06-29-2007, 09:33 AM
Can anyone who has their tune in .xtr format post a screen shot of their torque converter lockup graph? Specifically looking for screenshots of those who have their TC unlocked until 50+mph in 4th

greggash
06-29-2007, 10:00 AM
How you doin'

what you are asking for is a picture of Lidio's tune....he will not give out an .xtr file due to the possibility of copying...etc...etc

Sounds like you have xtreme tune, and an .xtr file.....it is now time to have fun making the tranny do your bidding

I shift and use the torq converter below 50, kinda feels like a six speed how I have it set up.

just set the lines for the TC lock up in places you won't get to , and then set the 4th for around 50 on up etc ....its fun.....and yours will be a custom for you by you.....not an off the shelf feel you will need to get used to.

Here is something to try......take it out on the highway, cruse at 80.....then punch it see what it does and report on back....

Have a good day
Pm me and I will do a screen shot of mine, but its not what you want

Zack
06-29-2007, 10:26 AM
I have Lidio's SC shift schedule in a value file on my home computer.
You can load it through extreme tune.
I can post it here this weekend if anyone wants it.

Local Boy
06-29-2007, 11:08 AM
I would really like to see how this thing looks, from an educational point of view. I know nothing about electronic transmissions and 'am learning everyday from you guys (Thanks Zack & many others). This T/C topic really interests me, the more I learn ... the more I like it....ALOHA

Grifter
06-29-2007, 11:17 AM
Yes, I do have ExtremeTune and an .xtr
For that exact reason. Then I dont have to bug my tuner for changes to the TC schedule and other small things. Right now I have the 2nd and 3rd lockups set up high to MPH's they wont hit and 4th set to ~53mph. I'm just curious about what throttle position it should be set at at 53mph so that it locks when i hit my cruising speed and use throttle to maintain speed, but not have it lockup while i am still accellerating, BUT still have it stay locked when i want to make a small throttle increase to speed up a bit.

I'm not looking to steal anyones exact TC strategy, just looking for some help on specific points.

Also, a side question. Do you have the TC locked or unlocked in 3rd when making WOT blasts down the strip?

Local Boy
06-29-2007, 05:09 PM
You (Grifter) describe my position exactly....Perhaps others can educate us both...ALOHA

Grifter
06-29-2007, 06:59 PM
So far what i have setup for a schedule works quite well. I need to tweak the 4th gear lockup a bit though, raise the throttle % a bit at ~53ish so that it doesnt lockup while i am still accellerating. I like driving it around town much more w/o the TC locked up. It doesnt "hunt" at all and is just overall smoother.

Richy04
06-30-2007, 06:04 AM
How much is the setup where you can make or tailor your own tunes? Just curious on what it takes to get started in doing this... Tnx Richy

jdando
06-30-2007, 11:03 AM
How much is the setup where you can make or tailor your own tunes? Just curious on what it takes to get started in doing this... Tnx Richy

I know a couple of guys using the SCT Pro-racer (http://www.sctflash.com/product_racer.php) package. I believe it is around $350-400 dollars.

jeremy

Grifter
07-01-2007, 05:00 PM
thats the upgrade price if you already own an Xcal2. The PRP is about ~700

If you have an Xcal2 already and can get the tune files in .xtr format from your tuner, all you have to do is download ExtremeTune from SCT's website and you can change alot of the parameters yourself.