PDA

View Full Version : The Mustang is gone

Murader03
06-29-2007, 03:36 PM
Well, after a great 16 months with the GT, I sadly had to part with it.:bigcry: My 63 year old body finally said enough is enough. :( My back and knees were constanly complaining of the low entry and exit position needed. Thankfully I stayed within the Ford family. Looked at the new Edge, nice, but to small for what I thought I needed. Also looked at more crossovers than I knew existed. Most were too small, or overly priced. I had also thought of waiting for the TarausX which would have more HP and that great looking bar grille. But again, the body said "ENOUGH!" :censor: Finally settled on an '07 Freestyle Limited AWD. Still learing to live with room again and the CVT. Dot likes it more than her minivan.

Anyway, I have a set of 4 - '06 standard GT tires and wheels I bought from Steeda for winter use. They were only used about 10K miles during the past winter. They are for sale if anyone needs them or knows of any one looking for Mustang rubber.

Bluerauder
06-29-2007, 04:28 PM
Finally settled on an '07 Freestyle Limited AWD. Still learing to live with room again and the CVT. Dot likes it more than her minivan.

Nice to hear from you, Bob. :D Can't believe that it has been 16 months with the Mustang GT already. Wow - time flies.

I picked up an '06 Freestyle Limited FWD for my wife back about 17 months ago. It is loaded with everything Nav system, DVD/Entertainment system, Moonroof, Reverse Sensing, Full Safety package with airbags back to the 3rd row, Rear Climate control, and more I can't even remember. She likes it alot and still has only about 9,000 miles on it. I like driving it ALMOST as much as the Marauder. It handles well. The 3.0 Liter Duratek matched to the CVT exhibits enough power for our needs. Have seen no lack of "jump" when out on the highway whenever I need it. The Freestyle is a terrific crossover and is very versatile as a family hauler or grocery getter or vacation packer. Nice. Even got it in a matching color.

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/1/8/9/1/BlueMMandFS2.jpg