PDA

View Full Version : clay bar questions?

stryker
07-02-2007, 03:31 PM
:confused: Well Marauderers sorry for my lack of knowledge in products for care of the Panthers but I like to know what is the function of this claybars spetially the Meguiars one, ¿ Can anyone clear my doubt ? Thanks for your time to read.

STRYKER. :burnout:

finster101
07-02-2007, 03:56 PM
I can't tell you why, but the clay bar picks up things that are stuck to your paint. After you wash the car and its dry run your hand over it and see how it feels. If you can feel any bumps or roughness then you should try the clay bar. It is important to do a small area and keep it well lubed, you should not feel the bar dragging or see streaks from the bar. I like to use Meguiars Quick Detailer for the lube because when you wipe it off it is nice and shiney. Some of the guys like the Ice liquid clay bar but I prefer the real clay bar. Just follow the directions, especially the kneeding it often to keep clean clay on the paint surface. I think you will be happy with the results.

stryker
07-02-2007, 04:02 PM
;) Thanks FINSTER101 for tha advise tomorrow I will go to Western auto to but but a Meguiars clay bar to do the test.

STRYKER. :burnout:

fastblackmerc
07-02-2007, 05:02 PM
This explains it:

http://www.meguiars.com/faq/index.cfm?faqCat=Auto%20Detail ing%20Clay