PDA

View Full Version : Receivers

Aren Jay
07-05-2007, 04:51 PM
So I know cars can have amplifiers but does anyone make a receiver for a car?

Something that can control a variety of plugged in modules such as Cameras GPS Amplifiers Sub speakers DVD different audio inputs and allow all these to output to a stand alone components like a Monitor your speakers and other things?

Like in a home Theatre?

Peace2Peep
07-05-2007, 11:28 PM
uh yeah...they're called car audio head units...kenwood, alpine, eclipse, pioneer, jvc, and even stinkin kraco(ok not kraco, but I made ya look) makes them!

Oh, and that's the easy part. Pickin one from the masses that are out there is the hard part. I suggest you take a trip to your local car audio shop my friend and enjoy the new millenium!:banana:

magindat
07-06-2007, 05:15 AM
You need to spend some time at www.pioneerelectronics.com.

GreekGod
07-06-2007, 08:43 AM
So I know cars can have amplifiers but does anyone make a receiver for a car?

Something that can control a variety of plugged in modules such as Cameras GPS Amplifiers Sub speakers DVD different audio inputs and allow all these to output to a stand alone components like a Monitor your speakers and other things?

Like in a home Theatre?

The automobile version of home theatre head-units/receivers you are thinking of are very expensive. They are considered high end/audiophile in the the auto aftermarket, and are for people with "golden ears" ;).

Aren Jay
07-06-2007, 07:34 PM
I want to upgrade a few components (head units and such) but not the ones you are talking about. I was wondering if there were any units I could put in the trunk next to the Amp and run everything through. Backup camera GPS master unit and DVD from Head unit to an external monitor.

I wish to use a Sony Head unit (without screen) with DVD and SACD.
Any descent reverse Camera. (not too expensive)
May use a monitor with GPS built in but they tend not to have multiple inputs so it would be either the camera or DVD not both unless there is a receiver unit that can combine everything.

May use a center speaker on the empty single din. (don't like the dash mounted center speaker idea.) That is the space I need for the video camera.

Would also like to be able to quick plug the video camera into the monitor.

I suppose I could make a computer that could do all of this but I would perfer to buy something ready made.

Any non head unit receivers?

I think I found one, Thanks for the pioneer link:

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/v3/pg/product/details/0,,2076_310069878_33692_tab=B, 00.html?compName=PNA_V3_Produc tDetailsComponent

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pio/pe/images/portal/cit_3442/33692Cd-vs33_family_med.jpg