PDA

View Full Version : Deep Sump Trans. Pan

gonzo50
07-13-2007, 09:12 PM
Ordered the deep sump cast aluminum trans. pan, (M-7195-4R) from FordRacingParts.com and received the M-7195-AOD instead, reason being, the M-7195-4R has been discontinued. :bs:

So, will this pan fit the 4R70W trans. it should right ? :dunno: This one has the 15 bolt holes pattern instead of the 14 bolt holes, just plug the extra hole right ? :confused:

What is the part #number for the filter I need to use with the deep sump pan ?

BruteForce
07-13-2007, 09:36 PM
Or return as it wasn't what you ordered and order the Art Carr unit from Dennis. Its a perfect fit with no ghetto mods needed.

gonzo50
07-14-2007, 05:24 AM
Or return as it wasn't what you ordered and order the Art Carr unit from Dennis. Its a perfect fit with no ghetto mods needed.

What is the part #number for the filter I need to use with the deep sump pan ?

I still need a new filter that will reach the bottom of the pan for pick-up, don't want to run low on fluid and starve the trans.

Zack
07-14-2007, 05:26 AM
There is no special filter, as far as I know.

The fluid level will never drop below the stock filter. Get it from Ford. About 30 bucks

jonroe
07-14-2007, 08:08 AM
I have the FRP pan - got it last year. I replaced the filter with a stock filter from Advanced Auto - reused the gasket as directed. All has been fine. For this pan you need about 2 extra quarts of oil and a pan drain will change just short of 6 quarts.

Krytin
07-14-2007, 08:26 AM

The fluid level will never drop below the stock filter. Get it from Ford. About 30 bucks
There is no deep sump filter for our application - I spent a day on the internet and hitting every speed shop parts store in a 50 mile radius! The stock filter has been working fine - I'm on the second one in a deep pan w/20k+ miles and no problem.

gonzo50
07-14-2007, 05:58 PM

There is no deep sump filter for our application - I spent a day on the internet and hitting every speed shop parts store in a 50 mile radius! The stock filter has been working fine.

Hi Guys,
I came across this Mag-Hytec pan.
It also requires the use of this Ford 4X4 Filter -# F6AZ7A098AA.
I know everyone has been asking about what filter to use with a deep pan.
I think this is the one to use.
So far, everyone using the deep sump trans. pan, are using the stock filter with no problems. :beatnik:
I was under the assumption that the filter had to reach the bottom of the pan for pick-up, being a deeper pan, hence the longer filter. :dunno:

Will the filter stated above, Ford 4x4 filter, fit or work with our application ??? :confused: Thanks.

Zack
07-14-2007, 06:04 PM
Buy a STOCK filter. No need to stress over this!

Krytin
07-15-2007, 04:34 AM
When I tried to get a "4x4" filter for mine - it did not fit. I don't remember the part #. If you want to try the one above - let us know how it works.

gonzo50
07-16-2007, 09:16 AM
Ordered the deep sump cast aluminum trans. pan, (M-7195-4R) from FordRacingParts.com and received the M-7195-AOD instead, reason being, the M-7195-4R has been discontinued. :bs:
So, will this pan fit the 4R70W trans. it should right ? :dunno: This one has the 15 bolt holes pattern instead of the 14 bolt holes, just plug the extra hole right ? :confused:

I assume that the AOD pan fits our 4R70W trans?

I don't assume that, nor do I believe it myself 'cause the Ford Racing catalogue lists two seperate part numbers for AOD/AODE, vs. 4R70/R75W tranny pans. If they are interchangeable, why two part numbers?

they arent interchangable. the AOD has a pan bolt located in a different place on the drivers front corner than the 4R pan. the pan shapes are the same though. Art Carr, B&M, and others use 1 pan that has an extra hole in the pan, and you use which one you need based on if you have a AOD or 4R tranny. your supposed to plug the unused hole.
And the answer to the question, "does the M-7195-AOD pan fit our trans". ???:confused: "Yes it does" !!! Plug the hole for which ever trans you have. The M-7195-4R pan has been discontinued.:beatnik:

jdando
07-16-2007, 04:50 PM
And the answer to the question, "does the M-7195-AOD pan fit our trans". ???:confused: "Yes it does" !!! Plug the hole for which ever trans you have.

What do you use to plug the extra hole? Is some plug provided with the tranny pan?

jeremy

gonzo50
07-17-2007, 07:54 AM
What do you use to plug the extra hole? Is some plug provided with the tranny pan?

jeremy

Yes, there's a plug that screws in the hole you don't need with a allen head wrench, it already comes with the pan, just plug the hole you don't need.;)

magindat
07-17-2007, 07:56 AM
Yes, there's a plug that screws in the hole you don't need with a allen head wrench, it already comes with the pan, just plug the hole you don't need.;)

Don't screw the plug in too deep or you'll push the pan off the gasket!

Raudermaster
07-25-2007, 07:20 PM
I'm confused, big time. http://reinhartautomotive.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=12345&Product_Code=MM-4R70WD&Category_Code=9
Is that the FRPP deep pan, or a stock replacement one?

jonroe
07-07-2008, 11:19 AM
Buy a STOCK filter. No need to stress over this!

Mistake for me. I did not stress over it and it has cost me a problem. My OEM filter has not stayed in place with the deep pan.

RF Overlord
07-07-2008, 01:37 PM
That's interesting. The filter in the 4R70W is held in place solely by the o-ring seal on the neck. It shouldn't matter what pan you have. Can you provide any more details?

jonroe
07-09-2008, 04:22 AM
That's the story I got from the dealer. As I installed the new filter with the deep pan 25K miles ago it sure looked like it did not need any support assistance from the pan. But the stock pan does have support posts so maybe it does need help. The dealer has now re-installed the OEM pan with a new filter and the problem is gone. I asked them about putting in a longer neck filter for the deep pan but they wouldn't do it without voiding the rest of my ESP warrantee. Since I'm on record with Ford on this issue, I think I'll sit tight with the OEM pan until the ESP runs out in October 2009 then re-address the issue with the deep pan. If I do anything now and there's a problem, I'll get nothing but grief.

magindat
07-09-2008, 05:03 AM
I have the FRP pan - got it last year. I replaced the filter with a stock filter from Advanced Auto - reused the gasket as directed. All has been fine. For this pan you need about 2 extra quarts of oil and a pan drain will change just short of 6 quarts.
I have the Art Carr pan from Dennis with stock filter. Same exact results...

fastblackmerc
07-09-2008, 06:03 AM
I have the Art Carr pan from Dennis with stock filter. Same exact results...

Same here.

jonroe
07-09-2008, 08:16 AM
What do you mean, same results? Did you have a problem with the stock filter or not? It looks like I need to go to the 4WD filter with the longer neck to be safe next time.

fastblackmerc
07-09-2008, 08:29 AM
What do you mean, same results? Did you have a problem with the stock filter or not? It looks like I need to go to the 4WD filter with the longer neck to be safe next time.

Art Carr pan and stock filter = no problems for 20K+ miles.

jonroe
07-09-2008, 12:39 PM
Thanks. Yours must be stuck tighter in the valve body than mine was. It looked okay when I buttoned it up but alas I'll end up going to the long neck filter.