PDA

View Full Version : I wish I could be original....

mrjones
07-16-2007, 06:50 PM
but all I can say is "dayum".

A while back I had 4.10's put in, and I finally got around to getting the Lidio tune and putting it in. This is great! I love it! The way it should've come from the get-go.

I put the 93 tune in because we have it available here, but I may put in the 91 just to be safe through the hot TX summer.

I haven't really messed around with it a lot, but I didn't notice where to correct for tire sizes. Anybody know how or where to get to that feature?

I'm also curious about another thing: This car responds to cold weather like no other vehicle I've ever owned. Does it still exhibit such a dramatic difference with the tune?

Thanks Lidio for helping me out. I'm very happy with the tune!

Pat
07-16-2007, 07:17 PM
I'm also curious about another thing: This car responds to cold weather like no other vehicle I've ever owned. Does it still exhibit such a dramatic difference with the tune?

Mr Jones;

I'm assuming you mean that the car seems more powerful?
If so then yes, I'm noticed thd same thing with my car on cold days or cool nights.

I think this is due to the density of the air. More oxygen more power.

Pat

O's Fan Rich
07-17-2007, 03:54 AM
The tire size selection feature must be turned on by the dealer (Lidio). You may need to send it to him to get it activated.

magindat
07-17-2007, 05:13 AM
On an SCT Xcal 2, if there's more than 1 tune in it, the selection functionality for tire size, rich/lean, shift firmness, etc is removed.

I believe Lidio's policy is to return the tuner to him, he corrects and sends back to you.

Unless you are changing big time, like the front size on the back, it's hard to fit a significantly larger tire into the rear. In other words, you won't be off by more than 1-2 mph at 60 while you wait for your tune to come back from Lid.

mrjones
07-17-2007, 05:52 AM
<Quote> Unless you are changing big time, like the front size on the back, it's hard to fit a significantly larger tire into the rear.

That's it. I've got the 235/50's all the way around, and I wanted to be able to correct for that, and I do have 2 custom tunes in it. I've been trying to see what kind of mileage I can get out of the 235's by rotating them on a regular basis. So far it seems to be doing better than the stock sizes without rotating. I had my 3rd set of rear tires on at 37K miles. That gets old quick.

I'm gonna go back to a bigger tire on the back, and maybe up to a 255/55, but I wanted to be able to correct the speedo until then.