PDA

View Full Version : Indian Restaurants Near MV-V Hotel?

pantheroc
07-18-2007, 06:34 AM
Ok CAMer's, where's the good Indian Restaurants near the MV-V hotel?? Preferably buffet. If a little bit of a drive for real good food, probably be willing to drive it.

MM03MOK
07-18-2007, 06:56 AM
Ok CAMer's, where's the good Indian Restaurants near the MV-V hotel?? Preferably buffet. If a little bit of a drive for real good food, probably be willing to drive it.
OOOOOO ^^^^^ what Jerry said!! ^^^^^^

I bet Gordon knows! ;)

Haggis
07-18-2007, 07:12 AM
Sorry no Indian Restraunts here, don't I wish, but I know where you can get some gator tail and a buffalo burger.

Bluerauder
07-18-2007, 07:15 AM

Here's a Link to Dining in the immediate Hagerstown vicinity. Didn't see "Indian" listed ....
>>>>> http://www.marylandmemories.org/dining.html

Maybe in Baltimore or Washington, DC area -- both about 70-75 miles away.

fastblackmerc
07-18-2007, 07:26 AM
:down: Indian food :down:

High-C
07-18-2007, 07:27 AM
Here is a place in Old Town Alexandria... It is right down the street from where the Cruise is taking place. You could always hang around and do dinner that evening. There are several outstanding restaurants in Old Town.

- Chris

Taj Palace Fine Indian Restaurant
719 King Street
Alexandria, VA 22314
703-548-1739

Fine dining Indian restaurant serving the most authentic Indian cuisine in the area. They specialize in all Tandoori items, an assortment of freshly baked breads, scrumptious entrees of vegetarian and non-vegetarian dishes and an array of exotic drinks all served by a gracious staff in a relaxed comfortable atmosphere. A daily lunch buffet featuring over 20 selections is offered. Delivery for orders over $25 dollars is available. They have been rated #1 in their cuisine and specialize in catering for all functions and deliver. Please come by and enjoy a feast fit for a King.

Mike Poore
07-18-2007, 07:36 AM
Hagerstown is a virtual culinary wasteland, except for a fine Italian restaurant just off the square, downtown, likewise a German eatery, Schmelstuffenholdentummywaffen fabrek. Then, just near the hotel is as fine a Japanese restaurant as you'll find anywhere. The House of Kobe. It's, in a word, sensational.

They have those Hootenanny tables with fine chefs, but we prefer to order from the menu. For those of us who love bait eating, the sushi and sashimi are, well, sensational.

Better plan on going in small groups, of less than ten, though. :D

Breadfan
07-18-2007, 07:53 AM
There's a decent Indian restaurant with buffet in Crystal City of 395 too, like Charlie said it's about 60 or so miles from Hagerstown.

Haggis
07-18-2007, 07:58 AM
Can we try something different the Indian? Like maybe Thai or Vietnamese? There is an Indian restraunt in Frederick, but I am not telling! :razz:

Bluerauder
07-18-2007, 08:07 AM
Can we try something different the Indian? Like maybe Thai or Vietnamese? There is an Indian restraunt in Frederick, but I am not telling! :razz:
I am willing to lead a group to the Bavarian-German restaurant downtown. Very good German food and beer.

Link is here >>> http://www.schmankerlstube.com/

BTW -- I know that you have already been there Gordon. :P

Haggis
07-18-2007, 08:11 AM

More than once. :razz:

Bluerauder
07-18-2007, 08:29 AM
More than once. :razz:

Me too !! :neener:

SC Cheesehead
07-18-2007, 11:51 AM
I am willing to lead a group to the Bavarian-German restaurant downtown. Very good German food and beer.

Charlie,

:cuke:I'll go! I'll go!:cuke:

"Very good German food and beer." Yep, Germans doing what Germans do best!;)

SCCH

rayjay
07-18-2007, 06:52 PM
Charlie,

:cuke:I'll go! I'll go!:cuke:

"Very good German food and beer." Yep, Germans doing what Germans do best!;)

SCCH
Yep, +2, my daughter and I are looking forward to it.

pantheroc
07-18-2007, 07:11 PM
Wife and I were looking for a restaurant when we sneak out on our own (or whoever tags along), during MVV down time.

I'm not trying to sway anything that is established for MVV, that would be rude on my part.

MyTMerc
07-18-2007, 07:57 PM
We'll have a representative from the Hagerstown CVB that will be on hand at registration to answer any questions about the area and provide recommendations, directions, information about the area.

DC does have a diverse culture and has any cuisine you are looking for. Like Breadfan mentioned, after the cruise they'll be some free time to explore DC. There is a large middle eastern population in that area so there many good choices.

Mike Poore
07-22-2007, 06:24 AM

Yeah, Charlie, Schmankerlstube, that's the German place, I just had the spelling a little off. :o

.....and Gordon's right about Frederick; there's fine dining, downtown, with a plethora of ethnic possibilities, including a super brew-pub, all within short walking distance of a first class parking garage.

From the hotel to downtown Frederick parking ~30 minutes on I-70.
No wait, the way you guys drive, more like 20 min. :drive: