PDA

View Full Version : MV V Update #9 SkyLine Drive & Luray Caverns Tour

Bluerauder
07-19-2007, 05:12 PM
As of 26 July 2007

It looks like the following folks are interested in the tour to Skyline Drive and Luray Caverns. Will be departing from the hotel at 1 PM, 3 August following the racing event. Map of Skyline Drive "Entire Park" is here >>> http://www.nps.gov/shen/planyourvisit/maps.htm ..... Will enter the park at the North entrance near Front Royal, VA. Will travel 32 miles to exit at the Thornton Gap exit to US 211 West to Luray, VA. Will return to Front Royal via US 340 north and pick up I-66 to I-81 to Hagerstown, MD. Those in "bold print" have checked in on the group rate poll. So far, 25 people. That's enough to get the group rate discount. I'll be finalizing the arrangements with the Luray Tour office today (26 July)

Skyline Drive and Luray Caverns (27)
03mmmonroe
1stmerc
Bluerauder (lead navigator)
FastMerc
FreddieH
Ken
james79stang
Knine (not yet listed on the "official registration list" as of 19 July)
Larry Staunton (not yet listed on the "official registration list" as of 19 July)
Mesencephalon (Undecided)
Mongoose (headed to Gettysburg or Antietam instead)
Motorhead350
Pantheroc
Pat
rayjay
STLR FN (not yet listed on the "official registration list" as of 19 July)
Tddpop (not yet listed on the "official registration list" as of 19 Jul)
Joe Walsh (if amenable to Luray vice Skyline Caverns)
SC Cheesehead
Vkirkend (still checking)
ctrlraven (after racing)
razzberry
MM03MOK
and the MV V photographer

rayjay
07-19-2007, 05:32 PM
You forgot me and my daughter, make it 17:)

1stMerc
07-19-2007, 06:16 PM
Hey my name is in the park.
Swift Run Gap and Outlook is at about the 65 mile mark. What is there?

Bluerauder
07-19-2007, 06:27 PM
Hey my name is in the park.
Swift Run Gap and Outlook is at about the 65 mile mark. What is there?
Don't think that I have ever been much past the 45 mile marker, so I can't help you. Understand that "usamusl" lives pretty close to there and may be able to answer you question.

MM03MOK
07-19-2007, 09:42 PM
I see at least 3 names for this tour that haven't registered yet. Please register this week. Thanks.

ctrlraven
07-22-2007, 07:57 PM
My wife and I will be attending following racing at Mason Dixon since this is the largest "extra" attraction group that is doing something.