PDA

View Full Version : MV V Update #10 Gettysburg Tour - Fri., Aug. 3

Bluerauder
07-19-2007, 06:49 PM
The following individuals have expressed an interest in going to the Gettysburg National Military Park. The tour will depart from the hotel at approximately 1 PM and travel generally along the route of advance of the Army of Northern Virginia. Arrive at the Gettysburg Visitor Center around 2 PM. Roughly 3-4 hours allowed to visit the park and battlefield (self guided tour tapes available). Group rendevous at "Boyd's Bear Country" about 2-3 miles south of Gettysburg to begin back roads trip and "special" visit along Mike's secret route. Arrive back at hotel approx 8 PM.

Gettysburg National Military Park (6)
BigDogJim (not on "official registration list" as of 19 July)
Glassman99 (not on the "official registration list" as of 19 July)
Hdirish50 (not on the "official registration list" as of 19 July)
Johnkuhn
Mike Poore (has offered to lead the Gettysburg group)
Ralph Sr. (not on the "official registration list" as of 19 July)

For those not completely familiar with the Battle of Gettysburg, I have put together some information in the attachments below.

Part 1. Order of Battle roster
Part 2. Synopsis of the Battle
Part 3. Battlefield Map

I take responsibility for any and all errors in historical or geographic fact, since I put this together from memory and a variety of sources. :o

Bluerauder
07-21-2007, 04:05 AM
Not much interest here, I guess. :dunno:

Mike Poore
07-21-2007, 05:41 PM
Not much interest here, I guess. :dunno:

Wow, that plan went downhill fast. No matter, if it's just me & John then that's the team. Unless we want to join up with you guys and do Luray. It's John's call, as far as I'm concerned; but last minute plans aren't gonna get anyone's knickers all bunched up.;).

Thanks for the attachments, Charlie, I'm sure everyone will enjoy them.

BTW, I'm gonna have to cut out around 1 on Thursday, for my trap shooting competition, but will return after dinner, and be available for the duration.

DefyantExWife
07-21-2007, 08:21 PM
It was a nice idea Charlie. I'd be more interested in a ghost tour there, but you know I'm a freak like that. :cool:

rayjay
07-21-2007, 08:31 PM
It was a nice idea Charlie. I'd be more interested in a ghost tour there, but you know I'm a freak like that. :cool:
You still chasin the other side? I've heard a lot of stories about Gettysburg.

ctrlraven
07-22-2007, 01:50 AM
I'm good with whatever the most amount of people are going to go do.

Bluerauder
07-22-2007, 03:48 AM
I'm good with whatever the most amount of people are going to go do.
The largest group of about 20 have signed up for the Skyline Drive & Luray Caverns tour. Check MV V Update #9 for the list.

Ladyhawke and Haggis have offered to do the trip to Antietam & Backroads that you indicated an interest in. However, the poll indicated Skyline and Gettysburg would handle most of the people who checked in on the poll. Your call. Sure will be a sight to see about 20 MMs crusiing the Skyline Drive.

airborne_mp84
07-22-2007, 10:05 AM
is there an actual set date

MM03MOK
07-22-2007, 10:11 AM
is there an actual set date
Friday, August 3.

airborne_mp84
07-22-2007, 03:40 PM
Just Joined Mm.net Today, Ive Had My Marauder For A Year And Some Change, I Am A Us Army Mp Stationed At Ft Myer Arlinton Va, But I Live In Dc...for A Long Time I Been Looking For Other Marauders To Hook Up With But I Didnt Think There Was That Many In This Area...a Couple Of People Told Me About A Buger King In Manasas Va Were People Meet On Satudays. They Also Say There Were A Couple Of Marauders That Meet There Also, Dont KNOW If Thats You Guys.....any Way Look Foward To Hanging Out With You Guys Take Care

Bluerauder
07-22-2007, 04:03 PM
Just Joined Mm.net Today, Ive Had My Marauder For A Year And Some Change, I Am A Us Army Mp Stationed At Ft Myer Arlinton Va, But I Live In Dc...for A Long Time I Been Looking For Other Marauders To Hook Up With But I Didnt Think There Was That Many In This Area...a Couple Of People Told Me About A Buger King In Manasas Va Were People Meet On Satudays. They Also Say There Were A Couple Of Marauders That Meet There Also, Dont KNOW If Thats You Guys.....any Way Look Foward To Hanging Out With You Guys Take Care
Check out the Capital Area Marauder (CAM) forum for upcoming events. All you need to do is show up and introduce yourself.

Me, Merc and Breadfan occasionally make the trip to the Manassas Burger King off Route 28 near Route 234 By-Pass. Let us know when you are going make the trip and we'll try to arrange to be there. Breeadfan has been trying to get a good MM showing for one of their Saturday shows; but the timing hasn't been working out.

jgc61sr2002
07-22-2007, 05:48 PM
airborn_mp84 - Welcome aboard.:D