PDA

View Full Version : Virginia Emissions Test - No Problem

jonroe
07-21-2007, 09:50 AM
Folks,

I took my MM for its first official Virginia state emissions test yesterday. I have had Lidio's tune in continuously for about 10 months. The OBD II emissions check showed no difficulties at all. The thing to be careful is NOT to change your tune back to stock just before the test. Then the OBD II reports a not ready condition. Just wanted to report for those in Virginia.

rayjay
07-21-2007, 10:30 AM
Mine has passed twice in NY with the chip installed.

sspmustang
07-25-2007, 06:54 PM
What a PIA. Gov. Crist is talking about bringing that back to FL..But only for new cars. Sure nice not to have to worry about it.

Breadfan
07-26-2007, 08:59 AM
FYI along the same lines my Trilogy equipped car passed VA emissions just last month.

larryo340
07-26-2007, 09:07 AM
Mine has passed twice in NY with the chip installed.
in NY they just plug into the data link connector and check for engine codes.
no codes = pass

High-C
07-26-2007, 09:50 AM
You guys wouldn't believe the BS I have to go through to get my 210,000 mile 85 mustang GT to pass VA emissions... It has a Holley 650 double pumper and, if those not in VA didn't know, they load test the vehicle on a dyno at varied speeds and RPMs. I usaully fail and then use the first test to see what I need to adjust... It normally takes me about 3 trys. The MM is much easier... - C

Breadfan
07-26-2007, 10:48 AM
You guys wouldn't believe the BS I have to go through to get my 210,000 mile 85 mustang GT to pass VA emissions... It has a Holley 650 double pumper and, if those not in VA didn't know, they load test the vehicle on a dyno at varied speeds and RPMs. I usaully fail and then use the first test to see what I need to adjust... It normally takes me about 3 trys. The MM is much easier... - C

Yep, pre-ODB-II cars are load tested on a dyno with a sniffer in VA. My 1990 Mustang failed twice until I put a new catted Xpipe and O2 sensors on, then it passed with less emissions than a Civic. :)

It was close both times but I couldn't get under the limit, car was running fine too. A couple hundred in parts to be "green" and legal. (It had the stock catted Hpipe on it, but that had 199,000 miles at the time.)