PDA

View Full Version : Noisy brake pedal?

khc3
07-24-2007, 01:24 PM
No that I finally fixed the hood squeak, I now notice that my brakes make an unpleasant noise when the pedal is pushed at slow speeds. Doesn't sound like anything coming from the rotors/pads, but maybe from the pedal/master cylinder(?). It's not really a squeak, it's hard to describe.

Any ideas?

cyclopsram
07-24-2007, 02:03 PM
vacuum leak in the booster.?

arejayesss
07-24-2007, 02:28 PM
Is It kinda like a scrunching rubbery noise? I have the same issue. I just figured that the brake pedal arm joint thingy needs a little lube, but haven't done anything about it yet.

Marauderjack
07-24-2007, 02:59 PM
Very characteristic of Ford power boosters.....sounds kind of like scrubbing two balloons together!!!:argue::mad2:

Not much you can do about it but replace the brake booster but it will return in time!!:shake: If you look at the rod that attaches to the brake pedal it has a rubber boot on it that is the culprit.....It needs lubrication on the inside!!:cool: I tried to squirt WD-40 into it with a hypodermic needle.....NADA!!!:mad2:

I had a CV that the dealership simply cut the boot off and it was fine from then on but I'm not sure how long the seals in the booster will last with dust and dirt on the plunger rod.:(

It won't hurt a thing being noisy but ain't it irritating!!??:confused:

Marauderjack:burnout:

khc3
07-24-2007, 04:55 PM
Very characteristic of Ford power boosters.....sounds kind of like scrubbing two balloons together!!!:argue::mad2:
That's it exactly. I guess I'm only noticing it now because my AM reception has gone out, and there's not much music I like on the radio. Guess I need to fill the CD changer.

It won't hurt a thing being noisy but ain't it irritating!!??:confused:

Marauderjack:burnout:

I've never had a car with this many odd noises. Maybe I need headers and louder mufflers to drown them out.

not5-0
07-24-2007, 06:13 PM
I had the same problem and it turned out to be the master cylinder ....

Marauderjack
07-25-2007, 03:19 AM
Maybe I need headers and louder mufflers to drown them out.

+1^^ on louder mufflers!!!:beer::bows:

Marauderjack:D

BigCars4Ever
07-25-2007, 09:24 AM
We all have it. I brought my car into the dealer three times. Once they replaced the booster and it was back in three months. I just gave up and got SIRIUS.

khc3
07-25-2007, 03:33 PM
I had the same problem and it turned out to be the master cylinder ....

If you don't mind me asking, could you provide some more details?

Thanks!!