PDA

View Full Version : car alarm

stillprint
07-24-2007, 01:42 PM
hey guys,

Kind of new to the board, but was wondering, does anybody know of any good alarm installers in our area(DC Metro)? I need a remote start + alarm installed. would appreciate prices if u got them.

thanx

Advancedautosec
07-24-2007, 02:07 PM
i sent you a pm. send me one back let me know what your lookin for and ill send you a price.

stillprint
07-24-2007, 07:54 PM
pm sent

:at least 10 characters

SWOOSH
07-25-2007, 10:07 AM
Check Best Buy or Circuit City

finster101
07-25-2007, 07:27 PM
Check Best Buy or Circuit City

Do yourself a favor and stay the hell away from either place for an alarm!

JamesHecker
07-25-2007, 11:39 PM
Hey,

I'm sorry to hijack your thread but can you tell me if the Best Western at 10 I Street SW is an OK place to stay? It is 5 or 6 blocks south of the Mall at I Street and S Capital St.

I'm mostly curious about the area there, not the quality of the hotel, as I know it gets kinda dicey as you start to get out away from the center of things.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

stillprint
07-26-2007, 07:32 AM
Do yourself a favor and stay the hell away from either place for an alarm!
x 1000! lol, i didn't want to say it. I havent been there for anything car audio related in years. I only go to play with some of the equipment and quiz them on random things.

chicago_cop
07-26-2007, 07:40 AM
hey guys,

Kind of new to the board, but was wondering, does anybody know of any good alarm installers in our area(DC Metro)? I need a remote start + alarm installed. would appreciate prices if u got them.

thanx

I have an alarm system that disables all electronics. Totally. It can be towed, but will never run. Try www.nocarstolen.com They may have someone in your area.

stillprint
07-26-2007, 07:43 AM
Hey,

I'm sorry to hijack your thread but can you tell me if the Best Western at 10 I Street SW is an OK place to stay? It is 5 or 6 blocks south of the Mall at I Street and S Capital St.

I'm mostly curious about the area there, not the quality of the hotel, as I know it gets kinda dicey as you start to get out away from the center of things.

If I were you, I wouldn't stay in that hotel right now. They're currently doing construction on the South Capitol bridge that will last well into August. I've attached a link below explaining what is happening and you can do a Google search as well. You may be able to access the hotel, but majority of South Capitol street is blocked and you will have to take a detour. And since the bridge is closed, all of those people must find an alternate route and traffic has been hectic every since. I would also suggest calling the hotel to see if they can offer any guidance. Hope some of this helped..

http://www.jdland.com/dc/southcapbridge.cfm?tab=no2

Advancedautosec
07-26-2007, 01:54 PM
Hey,

It is a dicey hotel, known for party goers, people leavin clubs to go and get "action" etc.

and CIRCUIT CITY OR BEST BUY???!! dont get me started. call me and ill take care of you. ive been doin this for over 8 years and ONLY use DEI products, anything else is a waste of time and money....even if you dont go through me, i would highly suggest to get a DEI product(Viper, python, hornet, clifford, avital, automate, Ungo, and on and on and on.)

stillprint
07-26-2007, 04:45 PM
+1 on what Advanced said. Just go to any hotel near a Metro station and take the train to access downtown. There's a nice Marriott close to the Navy Yard.

JamesHecker
07-29-2007, 12:20 AM
Wow. Thanks for the info stillprint and advancedauto.

Glad I asked. I'm not going till October, but I just wasn't sure about the location.

Thanks!

MarauderMark
07-29-2007, 04:51 AM
DO NOT purchase autopage it is the biggest POS !!!
I asked for Viper(written in my garage section) and got this crap also it never worked right from installation and now i have to pay more $$$ to have it removed and thrown in the trash where it belongs...

Advancedautosec
07-29-2007, 06:51 PM
+10000 to the autopage crap!

DOOM
09-26-2007, 07:28 AM
check out KELLYS PERFORMANCE AND CUSTOM. I have a viper on my vic and the python on the rauder. They do excellent work and are in the d.c. area. whatever alarm you get make sure you have an ignition kill installed.

n00bkiller944
09-26-2007, 06:48 PM
+1 on anything near metro center, and that Marriott is great, and a few blocks away is a nice Hyatt...