PDA

View Full Version : If You Are Still on the Fence about MV V

Bluerauder
07-27-2007, 01:15 PM
If you are still undecided about attending Marauderville V (MV V) because you really don't know about it, or don't know anybody personally, or haven't done anything like this before --- don't make the same mistake that I did several years back.

I dragged my feet and couldn't make up my mind about Marauderville II -- The Invasion of Indy held in Indianapolis, IN during the summer of 2004. Yeah, I just missed Ennis, TX and the 1st Marauder Round-Up -- but I had an excuse for that --- no Marauder and before my time here.

Anyway, I just couldn't make up my mind about MV II. I watched the Count Down Clock for weeks, maybe even months ... until it was too late. I sat home at my computer as threads and posts were made with pics and the fun that was happening. I have kicked myself ever since about missing the opportunity to do a lap around the Brickyard, meet the people and just plain enjoy the Marauder experience.

Don't miss this opportunity to join in on the fun. Pics are nice -- but it ain't like the real deal.

Breadfan
07-27-2007, 01:29 PM
It'll be like this teaser x10:

http://www.ionicflux.com/canon/IMG_0180040.jpg

I cannot gaurtuntee we'll see an old MM there though, but lots and lots of MM's I'm sure we'll see.

Bluerauder
07-27-2007, 03:40 PM
It'll be like this teaser x10:

I cannot gaurtuntee we'll see an old MM there though, but lots and lots of MM's I'm sure we'll see.
I am still not seeing you on the Official MV V Registration List, Mike. Time to get off the fence. ;)

Breadfan
07-27-2007, 06:52 PM
I am still not seeing you on the Official MV V Registration List, Mike. Time to get off the fence. ;)

I ain't on no fence. :)

I'm registered.:cool:

merc
07-27-2007, 07:37 PM
Don't miss Marauder Pinks Friday at Mason Dixon. That's right Merc is going to hand drop a few Marauders in a grudge competition.

http://web.mac.com/mwhite26/iWeb/Site/Pinks_files/DSC03754.jpg

Blackened300a vs. johnkuhn will be in the first Marauder Pink duel. The best two out of 3. We will also have normal bracket racing but the last hour will be hour will be dedicated two this new Marauderville format.

http://web.mac.com/mwhite26/iWeb/Site/Pinks_files/DSC03768.jpg

rayjay
07-28-2007, 04:11 AM
Merc, will there be a practice session for us newbies?

Bluerauder
07-28-2007, 04:28 AM
You can start practicing now .....

YELLOW
>
YELLOW
>
YELLOW
>
GREEN

If your right foot ain't moving on the 3rd Yellow .... you need more practice.

Equally important is "staying in it" until the 1/4 mile marker at Mason-Dixon. The first BIG checkered panels are at the 1/8 mile point .... ask me how I know this !! :rolleyes:

More practice ....

A/C off
>
T/C off
>
O/D off

MarauderMark
07-28-2007, 04:34 AM
Me and Peg may be there i really don't know yet.

rayjay
07-28-2007, 04:48 AM
I'll mentally practice, don't want to waste my new tires until I get there :D

You can start practicing now .....

YELLOW
>
YELLOW
>
YELLOW
>
GREEN

If your right foot ain't moving on the 3rd Yellow .... you need more practice.

Equally important is "staying in it" until the 1/4 mile marker at Mason-Dixon. The first BIG checkered panels are at the 1/8 mile point .... ask me how I know this !! :rolleyes:

More practice ....

A/C off
>
T/C off
>
O/D off

merc
07-28-2007, 08:11 AM

I am working with Elmer on a schedule today. It goes something like this.

Registration - signing the track disclaimer form and receiving a arm band
Tech-vehicle inspection
Racer meeting - a review of track rules and regs and a question and answer period.
Test-n-Tune- Driver get a change to practice and prepare for the bracket racing.
Racing- two groups of racers Supercharger and N/A
Marauder Pinks- the best two out of 3.

Exit the track at 12:00

merc
07-28-2007, 08:14 AM
Me and Peg may be there i really don't know yet.

We would love to see you make the event. The more C.A.M.s the better:beer:

Blackened300a
07-28-2007, 08:46 AM
Don't miss Marauder Pinks Friday at Mason Dixon. That's right Merc is going to hand drop a few Marauders in a grudge competition.

http://web.mac.com/mwhite26/iWeb/Site/Pinks_files/DSC03754.jpg

Blackened 300 vs. johnkuhn will be in the first Marauder Pink duel. The best two out of 3. We will also have normal bracket racing but the last hour will be hour will be dedicated two this new Marauderville format.

http://web.mac.com/mwhite26/iWeb/Site/Pinks_files/DSC03768.jpg

OK now the pressure is on!!!! Glad my new Nittos were put on today!

I have a Marauder baseball cap with the Gods head logo on the front and Marauder spelled out in the back on the line, Or I can go through my Marauder stuff to sweeten the deal.
Unless we plan on just doing it the old fahioned way and put it on the line for cash?

Seneca
07-28-2007, 01:01 PM
i'm not sure if i'll be there or not. i'm going to try to make it saturday. i'll be a drive in if i do make it. hope u guys all have a great time.

ctrlraven
07-28-2007, 09:15 PM
I wonder who I can get paired up to race. I am loving my new 3500 stall converter!

knine
07-29-2007, 05:17 AM
I was going to go before all the hatred for BLUES started, now I'm just in fear for my safety.

Bluerauder
07-29-2007, 05:43 AM
I was going to go before all the hatred for BLUES started, now I'm just in fear for my safety.
So, you are just gonna sit there and let me and SC Cheesehead defend your honor? ;) That's OK .... we are up to the challenge. :up:

rayjay
07-29-2007, 07:37 AM
Looks like the "other" colors will be well represented.

knine
07-29-2007, 04:50 PM
So, you are just gonna sit there and let me and SC Cheesehead defend your honor? ;) That's OK .... we are up to the challenge. :up:
No, I will cower and shake with varasity.:mad2:

SC Cheesehead
07-29-2007, 06:13 PM

Yeah nothing a litle beer and smart talk can't handle!;)

SCCH

MarauderTJA
07-29-2007, 06:26 PM
Gonna miss this one:mad2:. Tried everythjing I could to get out of work this week so I could make it up there. The plan was to take the Amtrak Auto train and dirve over. Even could stay at my partners house outside of Martinsburg. Damm.... But when you work as a contractor for the Feds, they just don't understand nor care about personal stuff. In Alabama at present for the week. Say Hi to everyone for me Charlie. Your bluie looks pretty.......

High-C
07-30-2007, 07:07 AM
I wonder who I can get paired up to race. I am loving my new 3500 stall converter!

I have the stock stall... but if you're feelin' froggy...

It'll be my first time with the DTR on the track, but we can race for bragging rights. ;)

Pops
07-30-2007, 08:04 AM
Merc is a brave man doing this! I see blackened 300 forgot to tell me about the Nittos, Oh well I forgot to tell him about the 10 inch MT that are in the trunk. If you have never been to a MM.Net event you do not know what kind of fun and friendship you are missing. See you soon as Linda and I are leaving at Noon on Tues. so we can do some sight seeing on the way down. Thanks for all the work and effort by the Cam group as you have gone to the Max on this event.

Big House
07-30-2007, 10:24 AM
I will be driving up both days. I will be leaving out dark and early on Thursday to make the breakfast and the same on Friday for the drag event. The heat is going to kill my runs but I am going to have fun doing it.

merc
07-30-2007, 11:03 AM
We are on the track calender.

http://www.masondixondragway.com/2007%20August.htm

Blackened300a
07-30-2007, 03:01 PM
Merc is a brave man doing this! I see blackened 300 forgot to tell me about the Nittos, Oh well I forgot to tell him about the 10 inch MT that are in the trunk.

HEY HEY HEY!!! My Nittos are street tires! MT's are going to cost you 2 car lengths in the negotiations!

:beer:

Mike Poore
08-01-2007, 05:31 AM
Merc is a brave man doing this! I see blackened 300 forgot to tell me about the Nittos, Oh well I forgot to tell him about the 10 inch MT that are in the trunk. If you have never been to a MM.Net event you do not know what kind of fun and friendship you are missing. See you soon as Linda and I are leaving at Noon on Tues. so we can do some sight seeing on the way down. Thanks for all the work and effort by the Cam group as you have gone to the Max on this event.

:eek: Linda's gonna be there? I thought she had a hockey game. :D

BTW, car length negotiations over tyres, stereos and other enhancements, are not part of the programme. (like the european flair?)

The tech committee (merc) won't have time to settle disputes and whining over tyre pressure and unannounced last minute enhancements, like juice bottles cleverly hidden under the rear seat, for instance. Run whut ya brung. :banana2:

ctrlraven
08-01-2007, 06:47 AM
I have the stock stall... but if you're feelin' froggy...

It'll be my first time with the DTR on the track, but we can race for bragging rights. ;)

I'm game just let me know, I hope you have more than a tune, jlt and 4.10 gears in that red headed step child of yours lol. :rolleyes:

See you there! :burnout:

Dennis Reinhart
08-01-2007, 08:55 AM
My sister Cathy who lives in Seymour Indiana, was rushed to emergency room on Friday for back surgery, she is in pretty bad shape but will recover and hopefully have a better life after this she has been in sever pain for months, I will not be able to attend, we had planned on this all year, we were going to take the car train but its just not going to happen this year.

merc
08-01-2007, 09:34 AM
My sister Cathy who lives in Seymour Indiana, was rushed to emergency room on Friday for back surgery, she is in pretty bad shape but will recover and hopefully have a better life after this she has been in sever pain for months, I will not be able to attend, we had planned on this all year, we were going to take the car train but its just not going to happen this year.

Sorry for the bad news, best wishes to Cathy. I will reserve your butt whipping for Atlanta. I know all the C.A.M. member were looking forward to seeing you.

High-C
08-01-2007, 10:44 AM
Sorry for the bad news, best wishes to Cathy. I will reserve your butt whipping for Atlanta. I know all the C.A.M. member were looking forward to seeing you.

DITTO... You will be missed.

Mesencephalon
08-01-2007, 02:27 PM
Very sorry to hear that, Dennis. I was looking forward to meeting you. I also may not make it, though, burst pipe in my apartment and maintenance won't be here until the morning ... :(

Bluerauder
08-28-2007, 07:38 AM
Don't miss this opportunity to join in on the fun. Pics are nice -- but it ain't like the real deal.
If you missed MV5, you missed one heck of a good time. :woohoo: There was non-stop fun and activities for the entire 5 day period. It's great to get together with Marauder owners and lovers from all over the country and kick back, hang out and just enjoy.

Pops
08-28-2007, 07:48 AM
A first class event and the CAM group put on a great show. It will be hard to out do this next year.