PDA

View Full Version : Fixing scratches on bumper....

MADRODER
07-28-2007, 03:14 PM
Can anyone tell me what compounds or cleaners they've used to hide are remove scratches on both the front and rear bumpers......tried different car waxes but still are noticeable.......thx

quota
07-28-2007, 04:56 PM
If the scratch is not deep, you may want trying using "Scratch Doctor" (from the "Nu Finish" range). After using it, you should wax the spot for a better result.
I just used it on my MGM. It does not eradicate the scratch at 100 %, but it remains that I got a better result than with other products...

JP

offroadkarter
07-28-2007, 05:44 PM
Duplicolor touch up paint works wonders also.

rayjay
07-28-2007, 06:40 PM
Do a search. There used to be a guy on here that specialized in detailing and he had some really informative posts about this.

PSG
07-28-2007, 06:59 PM
i use 3m products at the shop, and if i have a scratch that doesn't need wet sanding, then i would try using 3m microfine compound then the a glazing compound and then finish with the a hand glaze ,( they have one specificly for dark colors), i use the first two with a buffer, but they can be used by hand to , just a little more work. i would only suggest useing a machine if you have experiance. im sure theres other products and other methods but thats what works for me.

teamrope
07-28-2007, 11:29 PM
Do a search. There used to be a guy on here that specialized in detailing and he had some really informative posts about this.

I believe that would be Ryder90. He's still here.

MADRODER
07-29-2007, 06:56 AM
Thx guy's........I'll start with the Nu-finish since it's the easiest to find in my area and i'll go from there :D