PDA

View Full Version : Quebec members

MADRODER
07-29-2007, 03:35 PM
I am going to visit the belle province this upcoming weekend and was wondering if you guy's can suggest some nice restaurants in Old Quebec City....any other suggestions regarding site seeing will be great also.....THX...i mean merci

pantheroc
07-29-2007, 06:35 PM
I am going to visit the belle province this upcoming weekend and was wondering if you guy's can suggest some nice restaurants in Old Quebec City....any other suggestions regarding site seeing will be great also.....THX...i mean merci

For AUTHENTIC Quebec food, visit 'aux Anciens Canadiens'. I had Caribou and it was good. If they have 'sugar pie' there or elsewhere, try it! We have it every Christmas. There is also a pub restaurant on a square (don't remember exactly where in Old Quebec). Ate and enjoyed the shows in the square.

My mother-in-law is from Old Quebec and we took her to visit her old home in 2006.

http://www.auxancienscanadiens.qc.ca/

snowbird
07-30-2007, 04:17 AM
In the coming week-end 5-6 of august, the below suggestions are all within 0-15 miles radius from downtown:

- Saturday night at the feet of the Montmorency falls ( a 10-15 story high fall): International fireworks competition (~ 1 hour of pure dynamite joy), this saturday will be Portugal,
- On the south shore of St-Lawrence river: a walk on the St-Lawrence river bank at Lévis city is the best view of the Quebec city (Chateau Frontenac where the allies (Churchill, Staline and all) meet back in the early fortys to prepare the Normandie and walk to Berlin in the second WW, especially at sunset. You can reach it by cross boat from downtown every hour or so in a 4-5 minutes ride,
- Still on the south shore, at the tips of the highway 20 (Pierre Laporte bridge), Charny is holding their Mongolfières and parachuting Festival (Remax type baloon aircraft). They takeoff at sunrise and sunset, weather (wind) permitting.

Downtown, in the old city that will have it's 400th anniversary in a couple of months, thre's always the forts and plaines d'Abraham. A walk here and there is always nice for a taste of old Europe medieval flavour. The old port area, where they used to trade furs and log woods for the Brits and french industry ==> The Petit Champlain is worth a look. There's plenty of restaurants for every taste : Le grill, Michelangelo, Casa Calzone, Le canard huppé etc. Follow your instinct... Parking is not easy in those tiny streets made for horses so walking is the best way to go.

Another reknown Quebec city ressource are their woman but assuming you're not going alone, you'll have to take my word for it ... Bring in your sunglasses ;)

Happy vacations

MADRODER
07-30-2007, 04:25 AM
I was waiting for your reply snowbird........thx for the great tips. Alone i'm not but my 15 yr old son will be more than happy to point out the NICE PARTS of Quebec City..;)

MERCI

MADRODER
08-08-2007, 01:59 PM
Just came back from Quebec City......9 hr drive with one 1/2 hr stop. The car drove like a champ with no issues what so ever ( other than the gas mileage) Had to drive at 75 mph due to my mother in law occupying the backseat....

P.S Snowbird.....the French woman kept our eyes busy....especially my son. He wants to attend Laval University all of a sudden .....hmmmm I wonder why

Logan
08-08-2007, 05:04 PM
Charbon Steak House in the Old Port is a fav of mine... Dry-aged 20oz Ribeye is killer...

snowbird
08-08-2007, 06:07 PM
Glad you had a good trip ! Too bad about the back seat !!! :)