PDA

View Full Version : Car Show 10/20 Wilmington, NC

fastblackmerc
07-30-2007, 06:20 AM
The SENCMC will host its 9th Annual All Ford Car and Truck Show on Saturday, October 20 at the Independence Mall, 3500 Oleander Dr in Wilmington, NC. We had over 117 cars and trucks on the show field last year and are expecting another great turnout. Capital Ford, LIncoln, Mercury of Wilmington is our sponsor of the show again this year and will again showcase some of their great cars. We'll have a DJ again this year playing your favorite music as well as a hospitality trailer offering free food and drink for all participants. We'll have many door prizes to give out as well as the popular 50/50 raffle with last years winner taking home $385.00.

http://clubs.hemmings.com/clubsites/sencmc/index_011.htm

Professor
07-30-2007, 10:38 AM
Hey fastblack! I'm going to try to make it to this one.

fastblackmerc
08-06-2007, 07:35 AM

Great! Spoke with Steve_NC & 03mmmonroe at MV 5 looks like they are planning to be there also! I'll be arriving on Friday evening after work. Staying overnight at one of the Holiday Inns. It would be good if we can all showup at the same time so we can park together. This is going to be good! 2 MM's last year and 4 this year!

stillprint
08-06-2007, 08:04 AM
i'll try to be there, though i only have a vic. seems like it will be a nice event!

fastblackmerc
08-06-2007, 08:09 AM
Glad to have you! Just look for the 3 black & 1 silver MM's

SC Cheesehead
08-06-2007, 08:27 AM
If the schedule permits, we'll try to make it, too.

We can stay at the kid's place, only a mile or so from the mall.

SCCH

fastblackmerc
08-06-2007, 08:41 AM
OK, look for the 3 black, 1 silver & 1 blue MM's

Professor
08-06-2007, 03:51 PM
Sweet! I've always wanted to see a DBP in person. So Cheesehead .... what are the chances of you leaving the keys in the ignition. :D

fastblackmerc
08-07-2007, 01:16 PM
I'm sure Rex would let you drive it. You can drive mine also.

fastblackmerc
08-17-2007, 07:30 AM
Let's make this the October Carolina Marauders meeting.

frdwrnch
08-21-2007, 06:00 AM
I'l try to work this into my schedule as well. I have a show the week before and after this one.

fastblackmerc
08-21-2007, 06:07 AM
I'l try to work this into my schedule as well. I have a show the week before and after this one.

That would be great Russell!

Marauderman
08-21-2007, 08:13 AM
If Mrs MM is feeling up to we may be there as well.........time will tell.

03mmmonroe
08-21-2007, 05:03 PM
Hello Russell & Dana

We are looking at going also. May go over early and spend Friday night there.:puke::)

fastblackmerc
08-21-2007, 05:28 PM
There are alot of hotels in the area. I'll be staying at the Holiday Inn on Market Street. Arriving late Friday afternoon - early Friday evening. Gotta love the Priority Club points I get traveling with my job....

SC Cheesehead
08-24-2007, 08:01 PM
Sweet! I've always wanted to see a DBP in person. So Cheesehead .... what are the chances of you leaving the keys in the ignition. :D

Prof.

Stranger things have been known to happen.;)

SCCH

If Mrs MM is feeling up to we may be there as well.........time will tell.

If Marauderman makes the trip, THIS is the one you gotta go for a ride in.

Three years ago, and I'm STILL grinning!:D

SCCH

fastblackmerc
08-26-2007, 03:54 PM
If Marauderman makes the trip, THIS is the one you gotta go for a ride in.

Three years ago, and I'm STILL grinning!:D

SCCH

Specially now that's it's been tuned properly.

MarauderKnights
09-02-2007, 08:55 AM
I think I may be able to make it also!

fastblackmerc
09-02-2007, 09:20 AM
I think I may be able to make it also!

That's Great! Glad to have you there. We'll need to meet up before the show and show up enmasse!

fastblackmerc
09-03-2007, 09:55 PM
I'll be staying at the Holiday Inn on Market Street.

5032 MARKET STREET
WILMINGTON, NC 28405

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/pc/1/en/hotelsearchresults?_requestid= 314678

SC Cheesehead
09-04-2007, 04:54 AM

5032 MARKET STREET
WILMINGTON, NC 28405

This is a decent hotel, I've stayed there a number of times. My daughter and son-in-law are down off College Ave, just south of UNCW, so we'll bunk in with them.

What time is everyone planning to arrive? Any thoughts about a Friday evening CM get-together?

SCCH

fastblackmerc
09-04-2007, 05:08 AM
This is a decent hotel, I've stayed there a number of times. My daughter and son-in-law are down off College Ave, just south of UNCW, so we'll bunk in with them.

What time is everyone planning to arrive? Any thoughts about a Friday evening CM get-together?

SCCH

I think a Friday evening get together sounds good. Food & drinks or just drinks?

Marauderman
09-04-2007, 07:40 AM

5032 MARKET STREET
WILMINGTON, NC 28405

Hey Jim--Your ref link does not show anything---anymore info help--Please

stillprint
09-04-2007, 07:58 AM
I don't know if i'll be able attend this one now. my college homecoming happens to be on the same day. I actually made a trip to Wilmington this Labor Day weekend though...Always a growing city. Hope you guys enjoy the car show though. Maybe i'll catch the next one.

Marauderman
09-04-2007, 04:02 PM
Ms M has said we are going unless something comes up--we will be there Thursday and leaving Sunday---so come on down--I'll have Red Line Beauty Ready for fun times........hey--should I bring those extra wide tires.....LOL

fastblackmerc
09-04-2007, 04:09 PM
Hey Jim--Your ref link does not show anything---anymore info help--Please

Try this one:

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/

Search for Wilmington, NC

Marauderman
09-04-2007, 06:09 PM
Try this one:

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/

Search for Wilmington, NC

I must be lazy--It takes me to a link where I have to fill out more and more info ---isn't there a link to THE HOTEL.........

SC Cheesehead
09-04-2007, 07:25 PM
I think a Friday evening get together sounds good. Food & drinks or just drinks?

I'm flexible.

Food and drinks sounds great, but then again, just drinks works for me, too. There are a couple of good places downtown. Paddy's Hollow is an Irish-style pub, there's a good German restaurant close by, and the Front St. Brewery serves food along with some great microbrews.

Old Chicago is a neat bar with a great beer selection and it's only a couple of blocks from the Holiday Inn on Market St.

What's the rest of the group got for preferences?

SCCH

SC Cheesehead
09-04-2007, 07:26 PM
I must be lazy--It takes me to a link where I have to fill out more and more info ---isn't there a link to THE HOTEL.........

Tom,

Check out this link, it should get you directly to the hotel.

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/hi/1/en/hotel/ilmms?rpb=hotel&crUrl=/h/d/hi/1/en/hotelsearchresults

SCCH

Marauderman
09-05-2007, 03:56 AM
Tom,

Check out this link, it should get you directly to the hotel.

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/hi/1/en/hotel/ilmms?rpb=hotel&crUrl=/h/d/hi/1/en/hotelsearchresults

SCCH

Thanks Rex--that worked.....thinging maybe since check in is @ 4Pm...might try and check in on Wed PM so we get a full Thursday and Fri to play around before meeting on Sat........will discuss with Mrs MM...........

Marauderman
09-05-2007, 04:05 AM
Hey Ya'll--- couple of questions--anybody know---

1. Do we have to register for the car show thingy to show our cars----???

2. IS there/will there be a place we can wash up/clean-up our cars before hand----with water restriction and all...??

3. Anyone got any discount points/stuff I could use for the hotel -:lol:

SC Cheesehead
09-05-2007, 11:46 AM
Hey Ya'll--- couple of questions--anybody know---

1. Do we have to register for the car show thingy to show our cars----???

Click on the link in Jim's original posting, there's a downloadable registration form along with a schedule of events.

2. IS there/will there be a place we can wash up/clean-up our cars before hand----with water restriction and all...??

Yep, there's a car wash about 2 blocks from the hotel on Kerr Ave. It was open last weekend when we were in town. If it does get restricted, I'll volunteer my son-in-law's place as an alternative wash location.

3. Anyone got any discount points/stuff I could use for the hotel -:lol:

FBM is the man with all the frequent traveller points, I'm fresh out after vacation/MV-V, sorry.:o

SCCH

fastblackmerc
09-05-2007, 08:29 PM
Marauderman: Do we have to register for the car show thingy to show our cars----???
SCCH: Click on the link in Jim's original posting, there's a downloadable registration form along with a schedule of events.
FBM: I never register in advance since my schedule is unpredictable. I'll pay the extra $5.00 to register on the day of the event.

Marauderman: Is there/will there be a place we can wash up/clean-up our cars before hand----with water restriction and all...??
SSCH: Yep, there's a car wash about 2 blocks from the hotel on Kerr Ave. It was open last weekend when we were in town. If it does get restricted, I'll volunteer my son-in-law's place as an alternative wash location.
FBM: There is also a place on on S. College where they wash your car by hand. I'll check with my daughter but I'm pretty sure we can use the water at her place also.

Marauderman; Anyone got any discount points/stuff I could use for the hotel?
SCCH: FBM is the man with all the frequent traveller points, I'm fresh out after vacation/MV-V, sorry.
FBM: Unfortunately I'm running short on points also as my better half like to stay at the beach in Wilmington.:(

fastblackmerc
09-05-2007, 08:36 PM
Just so everyone is aware one of the requirements to be judged as stated in the
registration form.

">All entries must have a U/L approved fire extinguisher to be judged"

I believe it has to do with insurance requirements that the mall has. It's probably a good idea to have one in your car anyway.

DarthMarauder
09-05-2007, 10:35 PM
If you dont mind a new guy to the area, I'll show up to the Friday evening get together. Just moved to Jacksonville from Michigan would like to meet some new people.

fastblackmerc
09-06-2007, 03:46 AM
If you dont mind a new guy to the area, I'll show up to the Friday evening get together. Just moved to Jacksonville from Michigan would like to meet some new people.

Glad to have you :beer:

Marauderman
09-06-2007, 04:37 AM
Just so everyone is aware one of the requirements to be judged as stated in the
registration form.

">All entries must have a U/L approved fire extinguisher to be judged"

I believe it has to do with insurance requirements that the mall has. It's probably a good idea to have one in your car anyway.

Any "size" (minimum) requirements that you know of?????? cause I got alot of'um --10#ders that is!!!!!!!!.........anyway--- thanks guys.......you answered my q's and its appreciated .........

DarthMarauder
09-06-2007, 10:13 AM
Glad to have you :beer:
Thanks I will keep eyes on this post then to see where the Friday meet will be.

fastblackmerc
09-06-2007, 12:10 PM
Any "size" (minimum) requirements that you know of?????? cause I got alot of'um --10#ders that is!!!!!!!!.........anyway--- thanks guys.......you answered my q's and its appreciated .........

Only requirement is that's it's U/L approved.

Steve_NC
09-06-2007, 05:12 PM
We are planning on being there also. I just got the flyer for the show in the mail today. Hope to see you all there.

SC Cheesehead
09-07-2007, 09:47 AM
What's this, another Mennonite convention or what?:D

SCCH

fastblackmerc
09-07-2007, 09:49 AM
What's this, another Mennonite convention or what?:D

SCCH

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

We can call it "Mennonite's At the Beach"

SC Cheesehead
09-07-2007, 09:58 AM
:laugh::laugh:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

W can call it "Mennonite's At the Beach"

HAR! HAR! HAR!

SCCH

fastblackmerc
09-08-2007, 03:56 PM
We are planning on being there also. I just got the flyer for the show in the mail today. Hope to see you all there.

I just got the flyer also.

fastblackmerc
09-09-2007, 03:57 PM
I sent an email to the show organizers telling them that there might be 8 or 9 MM's there this year. Here is his reply:

"We thank you very much for attending and hope you have another good time with us. If you all are able to arrive together, we'll be able to park you together. Unless you want to be scattered about.
See you next month. We've got some very nice awards this yr, not the typical bowling trophy. Think you'll like them.
Terry"

SC Cheesehead
09-09-2007, 07:30 PM
I sent an email to the show organizers telling them that there might be 8 or 9 MM's there this year. Here is his reply:

"We thank you very much for attending and hope you have another good time with us. If you all are able to arrive together, we'll be able to park you together. Unless you want to be scattered about.
See you next month. We've got some very nice awards this yr, not the typical bowling trophy. Think you'll like them.
Terry"

Would be a good thing if we could meet Friday evening to firm up logistics.

Alternatively, should we just plan on meeting up at the Holiday Inn on Saturday morning around 8:00 a.m. or so and driving over as a group fro,m there?

SCCH

fastblackmerc
09-10-2007, 03:18 PM
Would be a good thing if we could meet Friday evening to firm up logistics.

Alternatively, should we just plan on meeting up at the Holiday Inn on Saturday morning around 8:00 a.m. or so and driving over as a group fro,m there?

SCCH

I vote to meet Friday evening for food & drinks..... or just drinks.

Marauderman
09-11-2007, 10:24 AM
I vote to meet Friday evening for food & drinks..... or jsut drinks.

..........and all of us drive over together in the morning from the hotel--show'um a nice dispaly on arrival....

fastblackmerc
09-11-2007, 12:52 PM
..........and all of us drive over together in the morning from the hotel--show'um a nice display on arrival....

Yes..... :up: :up:

SC Cheesehead
09-11-2007, 06:17 PM
Yes..... :up: :up:

Gimme a time and I'll be there for the drive over.

SCCH

fastblackmerc
09-12-2007, 03:02 AM
Gimme a time and I'll be there for the drive over.

SCCH

Or we can meet in the parking lot at the mall. Either way is OK with me.

SC Cheesehead
09-29-2007, 10:51 PM
Or we can meet in the parking lot at the mall. Either way is OK with me.
:bump:Hey guys, just a quick check-in. Any updates on attendees and planned ETAs in Wilmington? Looks like I may be flying back in from an assignment in Chicago that week, so hard to say when I'll arrive in ILM.:bump:

SCCH

Marauderman
09-30-2007, 09:58 AM
:bump:Hey guys, just a quick check-in. Any updates on attendees and planned ETAs in Wilmington? Looks like I may be flying back in from an assignment in Chicago that week, so hard to say when I'll arrive in ILM.:bump:

SCCH

Me amd Ms MM will be making reservations this week and coming in on Wed afternoon --so we can look around a few dayas ahead of time--we have never been--thats why----so we will checkin with fastblackmerc Friday evening and see where everyone will go for drinks and food---sinice he will have his laptop--so check in with him for details---Tom

SC Cheesehead
10-01-2007, 04:20 AM
Me amd Ms MM will be making reservations this week and coming in on Wed afternoon --so we can look around a few dayas ahead of time--we have never been--thats why----so we will checkin with fastblackmerc Friday evening and see where everyone will go for drinks and food---sinice he will have his laptop--so check in with him for details---Tom

Tom,

Wilmington is a great town, lots to do and see in the area. If you're a history buff, make sure you check out the battleship USS North Carolina. If the Ms. likes to shop, you'll want to check out the Cotton Exchange downtown.

SCCH

fastblackmerc
10-01-2007, 04:55 AM

SCCH

Me & the misses will be there Friday, maybe late morning - early afternoon. I'll have my MM of course and the misses will be driving here new Charger.

vonirkinshtine
10-01-2007, 06:17 PM
hey, is it too late for me to get in on this?????

Marauderman
10-01-2007, 06:21 PM

Heck No--Come on down--!!

fastblackmerc
10-01-2007, 06:24 PM

The more the merrier! Hope to see you there!

Marauderman
10-03-2007, 03:51 PM
OK FOlks--Ms. M and I and The RED LINE Beauty are booked --from the 17th thru the 21st--so We are coming and will be there --so where is everyone else--lets get a confirmed count started--

One MM and Two members--

Ok --go folks--

fastblackmerc
10-03-2007, 03:59 PM
1 Black MM

&

2 people

Marauderman
10-03-2007, 06:09 PM
OK--So we have 2 Black MM's and 4 members--thus far

Lets get the count up there--suppose to have alot more based on ya'lls post earlier-- so lets hear from ya!!

vonirkinshtine
10-03-2007, 08:22 PM
my blue CVPI and me.

also, I think a buddy of mine from the UNCC car club and his red GMQ wants to come too

SC Cheesehead
10-04-2007, 09:20 AM
OK FOlks--Ms. M and I and The RED LINE Beauty are booked --from the 17th thru the 21st--so We are coming and will be there --so where is everyone else--lets get a confirmed count started--

One MM and Two members--

Ok --go folks--
Ms.CH and E-Dubb will be driving the Bluesmobile over from Greenville on Friday. I'm flying in to Wilmington Friday evening, due in around 7:00. Let me know where you guys want to meet up and we'll drive over from the airport. We're staying at our kid's place.

Anyway, add to the tally:

1 Blue MM

3 CM Members, 2 guests
(1 Old Guy)
(1 Chairperson for the Sat. afternoon mall shopping soire)
(1 Big Kid)
Daughter (Assistant Vice Chairperson in charge of shopping logistics)
Son-in-law (Semi-gearhead and interested onlooker)

SCCH

vonirkinshtine
10-04-2007, 02:20 PM
anybody bringing an ez-up or something like that?

Marauderman
10-04-2007, 02:23 PM
anybody bringing an ez-up or something like that?

guess I'm outta touch...could that be a tent thing for shade???......but if you got one--bring it---!..

Marauderman
10-04-2007, 03:33 PM
Ms.CH and E-Dubb will be driving the Bluesmobile over from Greenville on Friday. I'm flying in to Wilmington Friday evening, due in around 7:00. Let me know where you guys want to meet up and we'll drive over from the airport. We're staying at our kid's place.

Anyway, add to the tally:

1 Blue MM

3 CM Members, 2 guests
(1 Old Guy)
(1 Chairperson for the Sat. afternoon mall shopping soire)
(1 Big Kid)
Daughter (Assistant Vice Chairperson in charge of shopping logistics)
Son-in-law (Semi-gearhead and interested onlooker)

SCCH

so we have 2 Black MM and 1 Blue and 7 members --anymore???????

vonirkinshtine
10-04-2007, 09:09 PM
hey, I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to stay with the friends that I thought. Anyone want to split a room with me in Lumberton friday night (1.5hr drive from Wilmington on 74, and much cheaper)?

SC Cheesehead
10-05-2007, 10:04 AM
guess I'm outta touch...could that be a tent thing for shade???......but if you got one--bring it---!..

I've got one that's never been used. Will toss it in the trunk for E-Dubb to bring along.

SCCH

jsvic
10-07-2007, 07:44 PM
Count me in. What time are you all meeting in the hotel parking lot to drive over? I'll be leaving Raleigh in time to meet you at the Holiday Inn.
So add one to the tally, and a CV. :cool:

fastblackmerc
10-08-2007, 05:19 AM
Count me in. What time are you all meeting in the hotel parking lot to drive over? I'll be leaving Raleigh in time to meet you at the Holiday Inn.
So add one to the tally, and a CV. :cool:

Sounds good! We should try to get to the show at 8:45am since the registration starts at 9:00am. I'll be in the parking lot round 7:00am doing the final detailing. You can register early and save $5.00 on the registration fee. See the first post for a downloadable flyer / registration form.

Note: There is usually a trailer there with coffee & biscuits for all participants.

vonirkinshtine
10-08-2007, 02:46 PM
it looks like I may splurge and get a room at the holliday inn for that friday night. Those of us on the western end of the state want to convoy?

DarthMarauder
10-10-2007, 11:40 AM
Is the Friday night thing going on cause I'll probably be able to make it for that not sure on the actual show yet. If the Friday meet is still going on I'd like to know details cause I'll come down and say hi would like to see some members and maybe see about how to join seeing as I'll be living here for a little while. Anyone know how far Jacksonville, NC is from Wilmington as far as time not miles. Never driven it before if its not too long I may do the show.

fastblackmerc
10-10-2007, 01:22 PM
Is the Friday night thing going on cause I'll probably be able to make it for that not sure on the actual show yet. If the Friday meet is still going on I'd like to know details cause I'll come down and say hi would like to see some members and maybe see about how to join seeing as I'll be living here for a little while. Anyone know how far Jacksonville, NC is from Wilmington as far as time not miles. Never driven it before if its not too long I may do the show.

We haven't firmed up anything for Friday night yet. Jacksonville is about 60 miles north of Wilmington so it looks like about an hour or less.

vonirkinshtine
10-11-2007, 01:24 PM
I just reserved a room at the HI on Market street for friday night

fastblackmerc
10-11-2007, 05:14 PM
I just reserved a room at the HI on Market street for friday night

Good Deal! See you there.

Marauderman
10-12-2007, 03:32 PM

Are you still coming?????????

Marauderman
10-12-2007, 04:09 PM
Ms M and I are putting a list together of stuff to do or see while in town--any ideas and places will help--since we will be there from wed evening on...I have looked back at all the post and taken notes from what has been said----

As for Friday Night--I say we all meet at the Holiday Inn on Market Street --where a few of us are staying--at 5PM --say in the lounge--and deside where to go to eat near by.....we can discuss and set the time to leave from the Inn Hotel in the morning..prolly about 8AM or 815AM....

and Saturday morning we all meet again at the Inn and leave "TOGETHER"..--LETs PUT A TIME down as no later than 830AM.....maybe from the lobby --but we will decide Friday evening over dinner.......

OK --I spoke up and made some committments for us since it seemed up in the air-----------lets either go with it or say diff.......Tom

Marauderman
10-12-2007, 05:14 PM
Ms M and I are putting a list together of stuff to do or see while in town--any ideas and places will help--since we will be there from wed evening on...I have looked back at all the post and taken notes from what has been said----

As for Friday Night--I say we all meet at the Holiday Inn on Market Street --where a few of us are staying--at 5PM --say in the lounge--and deside where to go to eat near by.....we can discuss and set the time to leave from the Inn Hotel in the morning..prolly about 8AM or 815AM....

and Saturday morning we all meet again at the Inn and leave "TOGETHER"..--LETs PUT A TIME down as no later than 830AM.....maybe from the lobby --but we will decide Friday evening over dinner.......

OK --I spoke up and made some committments for us since it seemed up in the air-----------lets either go with it or say diff.......Tom

Bump Time!!!!!!!

vonirkinshtine
10-12-2007, 05:48 PM
Sounds good to me, I'm going to leave straight from class friday (I get out at 12:30pm). So I guess I'll roll in to the hotel about the time we'll all meet.

Should I get some flashy lights so I can lead the convoy? lol

Marauderman
10-13-2007, 07:24 AM
Bump Time --!!

Marauderman
10-13-2007, 05:35 PM
OK folks-It s been 10 hrs--time for a re-bumb!!!!!!!lets talk turkey!!

fastblackmerc
10-14-2007, 08:57 AM

1700 in the Holiday Inn on Market street sounds good. I say we leave the Holiday Inn parking lot on Saturday no later than 0830 also.

Marauderman
10-14-2007, 01:33 PM
1700 in the Holiday Inn on Market street sounds good. I say we leave the Holiday Inn parking lot on Saturday no later than 0830 also.

Thanks for the vote of agreement--ok --sounds good---a downer though--a quick check of weather calls for t-storms each day --from Wed thru Sun--Dang!!!

Steve_NC
10-14-2007, 04:24 PM
If all things go as planned the wife and I should be there Friday night. I am hoping to get the metcos in for the show. This going back to school thing is starting to cramp my free time.

fastblackmerc
10-14-2007, 04:33 PM
Thanks for the vote of agreement--ok --sounds good---a downer though--a quick check of weather calls for t-storms each day --from Wed thru Sun--Dang!!!

But I think it's less than 50% each day....

fastblackmerc
10-14-2007, 04:34 PM
If all things go as planned the wife and I should be there Friday night. I am hoping to get the metcos in for the show. This going back to school thing is starting to cramp my free time.

Sounds good Steve. Remember to follow the instructions......

vonirkinshtine
10-14-2007, 05:10 PM
ok...meet in the HI lot friday at 1700, check. Meet no later than 0830 Saturday to leave for the show, check.

Marauderman
10-14-2007, 05:41 PM
ok...meet in the HI lot friday at 1700, check. Meet no later than 0830 Saturday to leave for the show, check.
You gotta like a guy who "checks" n with ya--don't ya!-if the weather gets to be a problem--we may post pone it till another time----=-don't want to have a rain time there for our 1st time----been to car shows---thats just part of our fun if we do go...

SC Cheesehead
10-14-2007, 07:03 PM

I'm geting into ILM at 6:45 pm. E-Dubb and the Ms. are going to pick me up. How's about I give you a call on the cell phone when I arrive so we can coordinate Friday evening hook-up?

SCCH

fastblackmerc
10-15-2007, 05:02 AM
You gotta like a guy who "checks" n with ya--don't ya!-if the weather gets to be a problem--we may post pone it till another time----=-don't want to have a rain time there for our 1st time----been to car shows---thats just part of our fun if we do go...

The show must go on.... rain or shine.

fastblackmerc
10-15-2007, 05:03 AM
I'm geting into ILM at 6:45 pm. E-Dubb and the Ms. are going to pick me up. How's about I give you a call on the cell phone when I arrive so we can coordinate Friday evening hook-up?

SCCH

Sounds good!

vonirkinshtine
10-15-2007, 06:35 AM
The show must go on.... rain or shine.

Hurumph hurumph!

fastblackmerc
10-15-2007, 07:47 AM
Some eating establishments in Wilmington:

South College Deli - 332 South College Road

McAlister's Deli - 740 South College Road

Sumo Express - 125-4 S. Kerr Ave (the place is a dive, but the food is good)

Buffalo Wild Wings - 29 Van Campen Blvd

Sticky Fingers - 5044 Market Street

Jackson's Big Oak Barbecue - 920 S. Kerr Avenue

Dockside - seafood, on the intercoastal, 1308 Airlie Rd

Bridge Tender - seafood, on the intercoastal, 1414 Airlie Road

Hieronymus Seafood - 5035 Market Street

Bonefish Grill - 4719 New Centre Drive

Pilot House - 2 Ann Street

Eddie Romanelli's - 5400 Oleander Drive

Carrabba's Italian Grill - 15 Van Campen Blvd

Fat Tony's Italian Pub - 250 Racine Drive, or 131 N. Front Street

Romano's Macaroni Grill - 1035 International Drive

Terrazzo - 1319 Military Cutoff Rd

Riverboat Landing - 2 Market Street

I've eaten at most of these places and IMHO they are all good. All the chain restaurants are represented also. This website is a good source of information

http://www.capefearrestaurants.com/?gclid=CN3WuO6RkY8CFQNlHgods0D MTQ

Marauderman
10-15-2007, 08:59 AM
Thanks Jim for the list --great with addy's--(GPS) below--Have made a copy--am leaning more toward coming on down --seems a 30% chance of wetness---since I figure it happens more toward the afternoon--hopefully---LOL--

Some eating establishments in Wilmington:

South College Deli - 332 South College Road

McAlister's Deli - 740 South College Road

Sumo Express - 125-4 S. Kerr Ave (the place is a dive, but the food is good)

Buffalo Wild Wings - 29 Van Campen Blvd

Sticky Fingers - 5044 Market Street

Jackson's Big Oak Barbecue - 920 S. Kerr Avenue

Dockside - seafood, on the intercoastal, 1308 Airlie Rd

Bridge Tender - seafood, on the intercoastal, 1414 Airlie Road

Hieronymus Seafood - 5035 Market Street

Bonefish Grill - 4719 New Centre Drive

Pilot House - 2 Ann Street

Eddie Romanelli's - 5400 Oleander Drive

Carrabba's Italian Grill - 15 Van Campen Blvd

Fat Tony's Italian Pub - 250 Racine Drive, or 131 N. Front Street

Romano's Macaroni Grill - 1035 International Drive

Terrazzo - 1319 Military Cutoff Rd

Riverboat Landing - 2 Market Street

I've eaten at most of these places and IMHO they are all good. All the chain restaurants are represented also. This website is a good source of information

http://www.capefearrestaurants.com/?gclid=CN3WuO6RkY8CFQNlHgods0D MTQ

fastblackmerc
10-15-2007, 12:30 PM
As of 1528 on 10/15 -

Friday - high 84, low 67, 30% chance of rain

Saturday - high 80, low 55, 30% chance of rain

Sunday - high 79, low 59, 20% chance of rain

I think we'll be OK.

Marauderman
10-15-2007, 04:39 PM
Yeah--Thats What I'm thinking--and saying its a GO!

SC Cheesehead
10-15-2007, 06:26 PM
Thanks Jim for the list --great with addy's--(GPS) below--Have made a copy--am leaning more toward coming on down --seems a 30% chance of wetness---since I figure it happens more toward the afternoon--hopefully---LOL--

Gee, I hope where ever we go they sell beer, I haven't had one in weeks. ('cha, RIGHT!)

SCCH

03mmmonroe
10-16-2007, 04:22 AM
The weather looks good. Looking forward to seeing everyone Russ and Dana. We will get into town Firday after noon. We are staying at the Hilton Garden Inn Wilmington Mayfaire Town Center The Free stay points from work. See you all at the Holiday Inn at 5:00.
MMo3monroe

fastblackmerc
10-16-2007, 05:24 AM
The weather looks good. Looking forward to seeing everyone Russ and Dana. We will get into town Firday after noon. We are staying at the Hilton Garden Inn Wilmington Mayfaire Town Center The Free stay points from work. See you all at the Holiday Inn at 5:00.
MMo3monroe

Great Russ!

vonirkinshtine
10-16-2007, 12:01 PM
So, I was just thinking as I was looking at all of the members that have posted here that are going to the show and I can't help but wonder...

...excluding me, what is the average age of everyone attending? lol. Sheesh, I feel so young!

fastblackmerc
10-16-2007, 12:34 PM
Most of us are old.... who cares.... just ask yourself....

"When I turn on my car, doesn't it do the same for me?"

vonirkinshtine
10-16-2007, 03:08 PM
LOL, you stole that from a commercial!

fastblackmerc
10-16-2007, 03:24 PM
LOL, you stole that from a commercial!

Yes I did. Good catch. That's why it's in "quotes"....

SC Cheesehead
10-16-2007, 07:04 PM
So, I was just thinking as I was looking at all of the members that have posted here that are going to the show and I can't help but wonder...

...excluding me, what is the average age of everyone attending? lol. Sheesh, I feel so young!

Age is a state of mind.

I forget which state, but it's out there somewhere.:geezer:

SCCH

SC Cheesehead
10-20-2007, 03:22 PM
Well, made it to ILM as planned. Got together with the guys for :beer: and :food:.

Introduced MarauderMan to Blue Moon.....hey Mikey, he likes it!

So, now that he's been introduced to the OFFICIAL beer of the MM Blues Brothers and loves it, I wonder if I can talk him into repainting his car....?;)

SCCH

Marauderman
10-21-2007, 05:04 PM
Well, made it to ILM as planned. Got together with the guys for :beer: and :food:.

Introduced MarauderMan to Blue Moon.....hey Mikey, he likes it!

So, now that he's been introduced to the OFFICIAL beer of the MM Blues Brothers and loves it, I wonder if I can talk him into repainting his car....?;)

SCCH

Not gonna happen--see my new hat I bought!! __ Gonna have RED GODS HEAD put on it and long with -but what else--RED LINE THREADS down the sides----hey --godda admit--thats cool.......

Marauderman
10-21-2007, 05:12 PM
We got back about 3 pm Sunday -I think all had a great time--from Fridays nites loung drink feast to the dockside food thrill--....then Sat at the car show--of the 8 members here I think--4 of us won door prizes--and me was one-=a great torque wrench---so cool...

so glad Ms MM and I could spend such great times with all of you--will tell all more later --Am tired--had to do alot of outside home stuff before now and am still waiting for some pizza to b delivered--wow--car ran great --ate a few wanna b's --know what I mean on the way home..will tell more later - hope all enjoyed it as much as me and Ms. MM did!!!!

Marauderman
10-21-2007, 05:18 PM
Hey--Just got home --where are all the pics from others????--My camara was not available----was so looking forward to seeing them------guess I'll have to wait till morning---darn----

Steve_NC
10-21-2007, 05:53 PM
Was a great time, and great to see you all again. Please post the group photo. I think we cleaned house at that one. Door prizes and awards all around. It was a great show.
School is making my schedule a bit tight, but would like to see when we can all get together again. No show is needed. I think it would be fun to just have a few beers, good food, and good friends all together. There is a drag strip about 7 miles from my house if you all want to make the trip to New Bern. I will even buy the beer and food.

:beer:
cheers

vonirkinshtine
10-21-2007, 06:43 PM
http://inlinethumb54.webshots.com/22901/2440192680079783134S500x500Q85 .jpg (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2440192680079783134fjpcfc)

Sorry fastblack, lol.

The rest of the pics are on pages 3, 4, and 5 here (http://good-times.webshots.com/album/557041444FpwgBs?vhost=good-times). I can make a zip file for anyone who wants copies on their computer.

SC Cheesehead
10-21-2007, 08:31 PM
E-Dubb will download our pics when he gets home, I'll post them next week when I get back from Chicago.

Great time before, during, and after the show. Marauderman, Ms. MM, and I stopped by Oktoberest while traffic was clearing out and celebrated the club's good fortune with a couple of Weissbeir, even did the Chicken Dance.:banana:

We gotta do this again next year!

Oh yeah, and the car show, too, if ya'll want to!:coolman:

SCCH

Marauderman
10-22-2007, 03:27 PM
E-Dubb will download our pics when he gets home, I'll post them next week when I get back from Chicago.

Great time before, during, and after the show. Marauderman, Ms. MM, and I stopped by Oktoberest while traffic was clearing out and celebrated the club's good fortune with a couple of Weissbeir, even did the Chicken Dance.:banana:

We gotta do this again next year!

Oh yeah, and the car show, too, if ya'll want to!:coolman:

SCCH

Hey Yeah Great there Rex--Thanks for mentioning us stopping by the beer tent---that was fun !!:beer:

Yeah--It seem it could beer an annual event--we had a goood time plus we did not finish looking over the town---need to come back for more ...Mid Oct and there were two-piece sunning ladies on the beach and survers all over -- --loved every bit of it --and the car show was great too!!:lol:

vonirkinshtine
10-22-2007, 04:40 PM
Hey Yeah Great there Rex--Thanks for mentioning us stopping by the beer tent---that was fun !!:beer:

Yeah--It seem it could beer an annual event--we had a goood time plus we did not finish looking over the town---need to come back for more ...Mid Oct and there were two-piece sunning ladies on the beach and survers all over -- --loved every bit of it --and the car show was great too!!:lol:

Here here! Next year I will should be able to make it for more than a day (yay for graduation! :grad:). That was a great show! I would have been nice to have some time to chill on the beach though :fishing:

frdwrnch
10-24-2007, 04:53 AM
I hate I missed this one. It had all my favorite elements, great cars, great people, waterfront and oh yeah...BEER! Maybe next year.

Marauderman
11-04-2007, 01:14 PM

SCCH

Hey Cheese---did E-Dubb post those pics---if so where are they--did I miss them somewhere?.........

SC Cheesehead
11-04-2007, 07:03 PM
Hey Cheese---did E-Dubb post those pics---if so where are they--did I miss them somewhere?.........

Nope, not yet, I'll get on him about it.

SCCH

Professor
11-10-2007, 06:02 AM
Hi fellas. Sorry I missed the Wilmington show. One of the starters on the ECU football team nominated me as a Faculty Guest Coach for the NC State game. I got to be on the sidelines with Skip Holtz and the team. It sucked, because it fell on the same day as the Wilmington show. Oh well, I'm sure I'll catch you guys at another show soon.

All the best!

Steve_NC
12-04-2007, 07:23 PM
We missed having you there. Maybe we can all get to one this spring. School is going to be hard for me to get around next semester so I do not think I will be hitting many shows.

Marauderman
12-06-2007, 05:15 AM

Hey Cheese--where are those pics???????????

SC Cheesehead
12-06-2007, 05:41 AM
Hey Cheese--where are those pics???????????

Sorry,

I think E-Dubb must have erased them from the camera rather than download, as I can't find them on the computer, my bad!

SCCH