PDA

View Full Version : Need HELP - Code P0741

CRUZTAKER
08-01-2007, 12:23 PM
I have an '03 with 4R70W. It had the entire jmod done, and clutch packs replaced 16k ago. Current milage 37k. The motor has recently been replaced. It was removed with T/C attached due to motor lockup.

Upon my first drive a week ago, I noticed a strange, but short bog when going WOT at 65+ mph after the tranny down shifted, and made its upshift.
It did it several times on a long trip home.

On my second drive, yesterday, at cruising speed, 70mph, the tach suddenly fluctuated, and the car stalled. It threw the code P0741. (Torque converter unexpected slip) I coasted to the berm and the car would NOT restart. After sseveral attempts, it did start, but went 200 yards only to stall again. A third restart, I was able to drive slowly to an off ramp, exit, and return to the highway in an attempt to return home. I made it home driving under 65 with no further issues.

I have not tried to drive the car since, but will try again tomorrow. Closer to home!!!

The folks at Precision Industries (I have a Stallion 3000) feel that it is NOT a T/C problem.

How about you SMART guys here?

Does anyone have any advice for me?;)

Thanks in advance.

merc
08-01-2007, 12:36 PM
I got this on a goolge search.

Seal damage may allow the TCC apply fluid to leak into the channel plate,
causing excessive TCC slippage under certain conditions, eventually causing no TCC apply.

TCC may have partial apply fluid pressure or no apply fluid pressure. If excessive slip speed is noted and condition/cause cannot be corrected by using DTC P0741 diagnostic chart, suspect worn seals from slippage of the drive sprocket bearing inner race on the drive sprocket.

merc
08-01-2007, 12:46 PM
I got this on a goolge search.

Seal damage may allow the TCC apply fluid to leak into the channel plate,
causing excessive TCC slippage under certain conditions, eventually causing no TCC apply.

TCC may have partial apply fluid pressure or no apply fluid pressure. If excessive slip speed is noted and condition/cause cannot be corrected by using DTC P0741 diagnostic chart, suspect worn seals from slippage of the drive sprocket bearing inner race on the drive sprocket.

P0741 Torque Converter Clutch Circuit Performance or Stuck
Anyone have any ideas of what to look at. I don't pay much attention to the check engine light because i get the P0171 and P0174 all the time since the motor and tranny swap. But today my daughter was driving and got the flashing o/d light so I checked the codes and came up with P0741.

I'm guessing TCC solenoid but that is totally a guess. There was some discussion that I should put the 94 TCC solenoid back in when I did the swap over a year ago but my tranny guy said I didn't need to (he's not available to ask about this BTW). I did have a wiring issue shortly after the swap because the harness fell against the exhaust but that had totally different symptoms. I intend to look a that although I don't think it could happen the way things are secured now.

magindat
08-01-2007, 12:49 PM
P0741 Torque Converter Clutch Circuit Performance or Stuck Off

http://www.magindat.net/marauder/DTC4OBDII.htm

magindat
08-01-2007, 12:56 PM
Try this. Search 0471.

http://www.magindat.net/ssm/info/obdsm306.pdf

Zack
08-01-2007, 01:03 PM
I really wish this had surfaced when I had the car for the 250 miles of its 'shakedown'.

Coincidences trouble me, especially with friends.

CRUZTAKER
08-05-2007, 10:17 AM
I drove the car over the entire long weekend and it never did this again.

We are hoping it is only my need to reprogram, and not a failing tranny.

Thanks for all the input.;)