PDA

View Full Version : Front Seat covers

cruzer
08-01-2007, 07:51 PM
I need an '03 seat cover to use as a pattern. A friend of mine wants to make up a set for me and possible sale . He just finished 10---- 2007 Saleen custom interiors. Condition or color is immaterial since it will be disassembled into component parts --- it just has to be complete. His price quote is well inline with factory original prices. All covers will be made to individual specs--he has duplicated the embossed god's head logo--the leather is top quality and NOT clear coated. Any help with this project will be appreciated. My set will have "Ford Blue' inserts with Nudo Charcoal trim. I would use one of my covers, but this is my only driver and the cover would be destroyed--can't do that. Hope to hear from you, Maury

magindat
08-03-2007, 02:53 PM
Tell ya what...
I'd volunteer my passenger and back seats to start. All I'd ask in return is for him to re-assemble with some green piping and return. Heck, I'll volunteer the front driver as well for that deal and sit on the foam for a while!!!
Let me know, Maury.
Rich

cruzer
08-03-2007, 04:12 PM
The seat cover would be completely dissasempled and laid out in flat sections--wouldn't go back together very well-- I'll post his web site if anyone would like to see his work. Maury

Agent M79
08-03-2007, 04:37 PM
If it wouldn't be an issue, do post the website, Maury. I don't think we have that kinda vendor here so it'll probably be ok.

Hotrauder
08-03-2007, 05:27 PM
Maury, I don't have a donor seat cover but would love to have custom covers made. Please keep us posted. Any info would help. Dennis

KillJoy
08-03-2007, 05:31 PM
Currently, I have no interest in a customer interior.

That being said....this is an AWESOME option for the MM modder. I wish I had a second set of seats to send to you :(

I hope these turn out well!!!! Imagine that....50+ interiors!!!!

KillJoy

RCSignals
08-03-2007, 05:51 PM
If there is enough interest it might be worth the investment to buy a set of seat covers from Ford.

Logan
08-03-2007, 07:34 PM
Maury,

I'm about to order complete replacements for both my front seats (Smokers suck)... It'll probably be a week or so, but happy to send you them, if it results in Logan getting some custom seat covers in exchange for the $600 bucks in seat covers he'll end up destroying... :)

cruzer
08-03-2007, 07:53 PM
I just need either a left or right front seat cover so they can make patterns and make up a set of fronts--an '03 would be best so he would have the seat pockets attached. If there is interest, he will do the same for the back seat. The new seat covers will be made to accomodate our air bags, just like the factory. These folks are 2 brothers, Kevin and Robert West, real great folks and very hard workers.They make their own logo dies on their CNC machine---everything top-drawer. They don't have many pics on their site--I'll try to get some more next week. Here's their site:
www.CustomAutoInsides.com
I was hoping someone had a cover that had a tear or wear-through or came from a wrecked Marauder--no need to waste a new one if a damaged one will do.. Keep posting if you are interested--enough interest and we may have a sponsor that makes seat covers. Let's find a cover---please, Maury

Logan
08-04-2007, 05:44 AM
Yep, that's what I've got. I have to take them all out anyway, they're all smokey. Send me shipping info via PM.

cruzer
08-04-2007, 08:08 PM
You Da Man--PM follows, Maury

RCSignals
08-05-2007, 03:13 PM
Maury I think you need both front seats. I'm not so sure that they aren't slightly different left and right.

Of course it might just be a matter of turning the pattern over

cruzer
08-05-2007, 08:03 PM
If you are, he'll have my car to compare and adjust--good thinking---I'll keep you informed, Maury

Raudermaster
08-06-2007, 12:05 PM
Got any pics?

cruzer
08-06-2007, 09:11 PM
I am pretty sure I can get pics of the Saleen jobs--will drop by the shop in the next couple of days--will post when I get them.

devo59
08-24-2007, 05:53 PM
i was thinking of getting sheep skin covers for my mm. i use to live in phx, az and had no problems with them in other cars. what do you think?

cruzer
08-24-2007, 08:48 PM
They have made me a CD of some of their work--called today to say it was ready--will pick up and post first of next week---will ask him about shepskin in PHX heat--if you are thinking about slip-overs---remember the side air bags are in the seat back and cannot be obstructed. Maury

cruzer
08-28-2007, 08:02 PM
Just picked up these pics of a "Z" he did and a Saleen they just finished. I'll post some more in my Gallery lter when I have time---let me know what you think. I'm still waiting for a pattern cover. Maury

cruzer
08-28-2007, 08:03 PM
Couldn't get thes attached on last post

jimlam56
08-31-2007, 11:14 AM
Their work looks real nice Sir; please keep us posted on your progress!

O's Fan Rich
08-31-2007, 01:09 PM
i was thinking of getting sheep skin covers for my mm. i use to live in phx, az and had no problems with them in other cars. what do you think?

Not a bad idea. I love mine.