PDA

View Full Version : New member/owner introduction

illwood
08-07-2007, 07:04 PM
I just wanted to introduce myself on MM.net. I am eagerly awaiting my latest ride, a 2004 Silver Birch Mercury Marauder (being shipped out from Kansas). I have wanted one of these since I saw the first ad.

For a little personal and automotive background on myself, I am a Design Engineer for a power generation company. I am a hobby mechanic with a welding and machining background (I am a Haas certified application engineer from my last job). I have been into cars since childhood and have been a blue oval fan for about as long.

My main reason for buying the Marauder is to allow me to take the Mustang off the road for weeks at a time as it becomes my skunkworks project. (Yes I do plan on modding the MM, but not to the same level).

Lastly, I enjoy sharing knowledge, so feel free to ask away.

FreddieH
08-07-2007, 07:10 PM
Welcome to the family, Hope you enjoy your SILVER BIRCH MM. Again Welcome.

Aren Jay
08-07-2007, 07:14 PM
Hi, so silver frost or silver birch?

You may find that the Mustang is not needed after you start driving the Marauder. I used to miss my 86 Cobra after I traded it in on my Subaru, having a gutless Subaru might have had something to do with it too. I no longer miss my Cobra, couldn't see myself buying one again and if I want something faster there are a lot of super charger choices for Marauders.

Welcome to the club.

Pat
08-07-2007, 07:17 PM
"Not to the same level"? Let me predict that not only will you mod your new Marauder to the same level, as your Mustang is now, but will exceed it. It's the nature of the beast.

Welcome to Marauder Heaven and make plans now to attend the National Event "Marauderville VI" next year. It's traditional.

Enjoy all the site has to offer, the good, the bad, the Marauder.

Marauderman
08-07-2007, 07:19 PM
Actually--you got it backwards--you mod up the MM and put the Mustang in the garage---you will see--this is how its worked out in most cases----trust me--cause --the MM normally eats the Mstan... in most cases..depending if you run up on a S/C event----regardless of both--the same--the MM will normally win..but you will see how this plays out as you develope yourself with your MM.......welcome aboard and you must tell us everytime you do something --so we can tell you if that is ..so ok..kinda stuff-after all.we have been here for 5 years already----glad you decided to join the ranks of those that put down just about everything--especialy Chargers...:lol:

MM03MOK
08-07-2007, 07:20 PM
:welcome: to a fellow Bay Stater!!

ctrlraven
08-07-2007, 07:25 PM
Welcome to the site! You will enjoy your Silver Brich very much, I know I have with mine lol.

Raudermaster
08-07-2007, 07:37 PM
Welcome aboard, and finally another M@$$hole!

Bluerauder
08-07-2007, 07:42 PM
(Yes I do plan on modding the MM, but not to the same level).
This is normally the cue for Haggis to enter and say .....

Where is he Now?? :rofl: Calling Haggis. Testing 1-2-3. I don't think this thing is working. :director:

Congrats on your Silver Birch MM and welcome :welcome1: to the MM.Net

musclemerc
08-07-2007, 07:56 PM
Good luck with the new Merc and welcome to the gang!

illwood
08-07-2007, 07:57 PM
Hi, so silver frost or silver birch?
Whoops, good catch, that's what I get for hanging out with a SVT Contour guy.

You may find that the Mustang is not needed after you start driving the Marauder. I used to miss my 86 Cobra after I traded it in on my Subaru, having a gutless Subaru might have had something to do with it too. I no longer miss my Cobra, couldn't see myself buying one again and if I want something faster there are a lot of super charger choices for Marauders.

Welcome to the club.
I'm not sure that the Mustang won't be needed. I have a 2003 Cobra IRS to put in it and the eventual plans are a twin turbo 331 attached to a T56. Good for the twisties and the straight lines.

No doubt that the Marauder is a very capable platform, but the Mustang has been a long way in the planning and I don't plan on dropping the project.

"Not to the same level"? Let me predict that not only will you mod your new Marauder to the same level, as your Mustang is now, but will exceed it. It's the nature of the beast.
I know, modding cars is an addiction that there is no known cure. I have already had passing thoughts about a T56 in the Marauder. Only time will tell.

Welcome to Marauder Heaven and make plans now to attend the National Event "Marauderville VI" next year. It's traditional.

Enjoy all the site has to offer, the good, the bad, the Marauder.

Pat
Marauderville VI sounds like a good time. I will have to remember (not that it will be hard with this forum).

Actually--you got it backwards--you mod up the MM and put the Mustang in the garage---you will see--this is how its worked out in most cases----trust me--cause --the MM normally eats the Mstan... in most cases..depending if you run up on a S/C event----regardless of both--the same--the MM will normally win..but you will see how this plays out as you develope yourself with your MM.......welcome aboard and you must tell us everytime you do something --so we can tell you if that is ..so ok..kinda stuff-after all.we have been here for 5 years already----glad you decided to join the ranks of those that put down just about everything--especialy Chargers...:lol:
Well, it's not that I won't mod the Marauder, but once again the Marauder and Mustang are different animals. If I do things the way I want, the Marauder will smoke most stock and slightly modified Mustangs, and the Mustang will keep up with street bikes around 1,000cc. I believe part of the reason built MM's are shaming Mustangs is that there are still a fair number of Mustang owners that have the "Mustang" attitude and only know about modding with a checkbook. Not to mention, not having a final plan in mind when starting an automotive project has lead to the death of many a well intended project (or at the very least a car that is both expensive and unimpressive).

Thanks for the welcomes guys.

SC Cheesehead
08-08-2007, 04:07 AM
This is normally the cue for Haggis to enter and say .....

Where is he Now?? :rofl: Calling Haggis. Testing 1-2-3. I don't think this thing is working. :director:

Congrats on your Silver Birch MM and welcome :welcome1: to the MM.Net

Charlie,

Yeah, I know what you mean, he's slipping a bit.

Let me jump in and help out:

"Welcome to the collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated."

No need to thank me, Haggis, just send payment via PayPal or certified M.O.;)

SCCH

RoyLPita
08-08-2007, 04:41 AM
Welcome aboard. Enjoy the site. BTW, I have a 94-95 H-pipe from my old GTS if you are interested. Plus, I heard that the Cobra guys were removing the IRS for the live axle for better durability. I also have Cobra take off calipers and brackets.

fastblackmerc
08-08-2007, 04:51 AM
Welcome to the site. You'll enjoy your MM.

Haggis
08-08-2007, 04:53 AM
It was past my bed time, I was still wore out from MVV even though I took Monday off to sleep.

Welcome to the Collective, resistance to moding is futile. You will be assimilated.

Ok, happy now?

illwood
08-08-2007, 05:36 AM
Welcome aboard. Enjoy the site. BTW, I have a 94-95 H-pipe from my old GTS if you are interested. Plus, I heard that the Cobra guys were removing the IRS for the live axle for better durability. I also have Cobra take off calipers and brackets.
I'm going to go with a Bassani X pipe on the Mustang, but thanks for the offer.

The IRS can be built up to handle well over 500RWHP (I didn't have the chance to look up some of the higher numbers), if you have a login to SVTperformance.com you can read this thread: LEVEL 5 IRS or THE RED PILL (http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=231900). Plus, I'm not building the car for strictly drag use, and I only plan on running cheater slicks.

It was past my bed time, I was still wore out from MVV even though I took Monday off to sleep.

Welcome to the Collective, resistance to moding is futile. You will be assimilated.

Ok, happy now?
Heh heh, looks like I'm going to fit in just fine here. :D

freakstatus
08-08-2007, 06:12 AM
Nothing like the feeling of a new Marauder out on the streets...I'm still going through it, got mine in April.

SID210SA
08-08-2007, 06:28 AM
Welcome......from another Silver Birch

Mike

jgc61sr2002
08-08-2007, 03:41 PM
Congrats and welcome aboard.:D

ckadiddle
08-09-2007, 07:11 AM
Welcome. Thsi is the place to be!

Dragcity
08-09-2007, 07:45 AM
Welcome up....

Have fun, and stay safe !

Tom Doan
08-09-2007, 08:39 AM
I got a Cobra top end all new, un-used for you, the clan saw it last week at MMV. Tom

MADRODER
08-09-2007, 09:15 AM
Welcome........:D

KillJoy
08-09-2007, 09:22 AM
Hiya, and welcome.

:D

KillJoy

ParkRanger
08-09-2007, 11:06 AM
Congrats and salutations from the left coast, ......dude. :cool:

PR :burnout:

fastcar
08-11-2007, 07:51 AM
Welcome, welcome!

fastcar:burnout:

stryker
11-12-2007, 07:06 PM
:welcome: To the Family ILLWOOD mang and congrats in get your M Panther could you post some pics to present officially your Panther to all us I always like to see Marauders no matter if is stock light or heavilly modified always is a pleasure for my eyes to see a Marauder, Enjoy it Mang.

STRYKER. :burnout:

stryker
11-15-2007, 01:31 PM
:birthday: ILLWOOD Mang.

:cake:- - Happy birthday ILLWOOD you can eat me .

:party:- - Wooooohooo ILLWOOD Mang Felicidades!

STRYKER. :burnout: