PDA

View Full Version : 4 Michelin Arctic Alpin + steelies + center caps

TripleTransAm
08-08-2007, 10:28 PM
Full set of 4 used Michelin Arctic Alpin tires mounted on custom 16" black steel wheels, + 4 chrome center caps + the special lug nuts required to mount these caps.

$165 US for the whole kit, + shipping to your location.

Details
=====

The sizes are staggered such as to completely satisfy the offset requirements necessary for proper Traction Control operation and remain pretty faithful to the original speedometer calibration, which are 2 x 215/65-16, and 2 x 225/70-16... not to mention maintain the Marauder-specific rake.

This whole setup is supposedly from that Marauder-specific tire package that was put together here:
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=4390

I purchased the set from an ex-MM.net member in mid 2004. The original owner claimed never to have any brake caliper interference with this set, and indeed I suffered no such problem on either of my Marauders. So I guess this particular set was on the well machined side.

Condition
=======

Between both my Marauders I put just under 17000 miles on the set, and I bought them from an ex-member here in the fall of 2004 who claimed to have put 3000 miles on them himself before selling his car. So I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt (seemed like a thoroughly nice guy, and he did have a DTR 2004 for just one winter), and I'll say these tires have a total of 20000 miles on them. Easy highway miles, as many of the old timers here know of my cars' primary function as a kid hauler (close to 100 miles per day commuting on the highway).

The one drawback is that my second Marauder was pressed into winter service almost immediately after purchase before I had a chance to check out the alignment, so about 6000 miles were done on the factory (tire-chewing) alignment specs before I got to using my preferred easier-on-tires settings. Consequently there is a bit of inside wear on the front tires although it does not seem to affect traction... I believe you can see this light feathering on one of the photos.

Tire depth gage shows between 8/32 and 9/32 (depending on which groove you measure) for the front tires (the lower readings being closer to the inside grooves), and the rears show between 5/32 and 7/32 with the lower readings in the center grooves.

Performance
=========

Speaking of traction, these tires have been incredible and the grip is obvious in the photos with all the pebbles that get picked up just by rolling the tires from my driveway to the side of the house to the shed, where these photos were shot. Although I strongly recommend against doing this, these tires were nonetheless capable of keeping the Marauder firmly in control in a wild snowstorm with horizontal snowfall and strong winds while I blasted down a highway at about 80-85 mph for 20+ minutes with my wife in labor.

Shipping details:
============

(as provided to me by the original owner, although I ended up getting them in person)

59lbs each tire/wheel
240 lbs total
about 30"x30"x10" each

Not counting the caps and lugs which I bought on my own, but I'll eat the shipping on that.

UPS quoted $135US for shipping from upper MA to Montreal back in 2004, your $$ may vary.

Hoping to help out any MM owners wanting to drive their cars in the winter without worrying about their stock 18inchers.

PM me if interested.

sabtaj1
08-09-2007, 04:15 AM
deleted, just saw the shipping info

Haggis
08-09-2007, 04:18 AM
Hi Steve, how you been? I have missed your input around here, but understand why.

PhastPhil
08-09-2007, 08:51 AM
A PM has been sent.

TripleTransAm
08-09-2007, 10:48 AM
Hi Steve, how you been? I have missed your input around here, but understand why.

Things have been good. Work is overloading, kids have been sick a little too often but that's to be expected during the first year of daycare (Victor will be in kindergarten this Fall, Vincent adapting well to the new environment). Slowly getting back into loving cars again, but you know that's a long story.

Lost track of how many cars you've got! :)

Haggis
08-09-2007, 11:00 AM
Things have been good. Work is overloading, kids have been sick a little too often but that's to be expected during the first year of daycare (Victor will be in kindergarten this Fall, Vincent adapting well to the new environment). Slowly getting back into loving cars again, but you know that's a long story.

Lost track of how many cars you've got! :)

Down to two Marauders, two Explorers and a Harley.

MM03MOK
08-09-2007, 01:11 PM
....and????....... :eek:

KillJoy
08-09-2007, 01:20 PM

You finally sold the Grand Nat???

KillJoy

Haggis
08-10-2007, 11:31 AM
You finally sold the Grand Nat???

KillJoy

Yep, the GN went about a month ago. Wasn't you that was harassing me on not posting about that?

Green96
08-13-2007, 06:25 PM
You have PM.

max454
08-16-2007, 07:33 AM
are they sold ?

TripleTransAm
08-16-2007, 08:58 PM
They were sold, thanks for your interest.

Want to buy a clean set of Flowmaster 40s for a Marauder? :)