PDA

View Full Version : New Owner, New to the site

VAmarauder03
08-09-2007, 05:48 PM
Hey all I'm new to the site and new to the fun of owning a Marauder. I live in Dale CIty, VA. I had a Rio Red 1997 Cobra, which one Marauder owner (possibly on this site) had some fun ebmarassing on the streets of Dale City/Woodbridge(i know what his license plate says but dont know if he wants it broadcast) but i decided to sell for something a little more practical yet still fun. I sold it also because as you can imagine a bright red cobra that you can hear a mile away is nothing more than a cop magnet. To be honest i dont really know much about the Marauders other than they are a great looking sleeper with a Mustang Mach I engine in them. I hope I can learn alot from you guys. Enough about my other car(still attached lol) I just bought a bone stock 2003 Mercury Marauder with 45,000 miles on it and I love it. It has been a blast to own and drive and Ive only had it for a week and a half. I have a few questions since I am new to the Marauder thing(always been a mustang fan, still am just cant stay outta trouble with them) Ive read people describing their MM as 300A's and 300B's, what exactly is this??? I also went to the local 1/8 mile track a couple days after adopting the car and was somewhat surprised as to the time it ran. I was under the impression it would be somewhat faster. I wasnt expecting much, I'm not new to fast cars and racing but i was lead to beleive it would be somewhat faster than it was. The car ran a 10.50 at 70mph, is this about right for being bone stock or is that a little slow? Ok enough of my mile long introduction, I am looking forward to bein on this forum and having fun with my new toy. After looking through the forums everyone seems pretty nice I am looking forward to meeting you all. Thanks for any info now and in the future.

fastblackmerc
08-09-2007, 06:12 PM
Welcome to the site! :beer:

As for the differences between a 300a & 300b see this post that I found using the search function.

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31102&highlight=difference+300a+300b

Where abouts in Va. is Dale City?

Stock MM's will run in the mid 14's to the mid 15's in the 1/4 mile. You'll need to start modding your MM.

FreddieH
08-09-2007, 06:14 PM
Welcome aboard, looks like you are in the CAM region. You just missed a big event and a whole lot of fun. Hope to meet soon a a local meet. Please enjoy the ride!

Bluerauder
08-09-2007, 06:18 PM
Hey all I'm new to the site and new to the fun of owning a Marauder. I live in Dale CIty, VA.
Welcome to the MM.Net :welcome1: Sounds like you may have met Sherm.

The 300A vs. 300B thing is explained here >>> http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31102&highlight=difference+300A+300B

You are not far from me ... I'm in Lake Ridge and have been a member here for about 3.5 years.

You just missed the largest gathering of Marauders in this area last week in Hagerstown, MD from 1-5 August. Check out the Marauderville V (MV5) Forum for pics and information. It's the annual National Gathering of Marauders. This was the 5th one.

Keep your eye peeled for local events in the Capital Area Marauder (CAM) forum. We try to get together on a monthly basis and draw from all over the region including VA, DC, MD, DE, NJ and PA. Meets are announced about 2 weeks in advance.

Hope to see you around town. Oh yeah, Bone Stock I ran a 10.045 @ 72.61 MPH in the 1/8 mile. Check the Timeslips on the menu bar at the top to see time and mods for other cars. You should definitely be quicker than a 10.5. Of course, there are plenty ideas here to help you fix that. :D

Hope to see you around the area. :up: Enjoy that Marauder grin. :D

Hotrauder
08-09-2007, 06:25 PM
Welcome aboard. Your explorations here in the archives and at meets will lead you to all kinds of ways to wake up your Marauder. Good luck. :beer:Dennis

Starman
08-09-2007, 07:04 PM
I don't own a Marauder - yet, but I just had to welcome a Virginian to the Club. I had friends in Dale City and was born and raised in Northern Virginia. Now I'm down here in sunny Florida.

Enjoy the car and watch out for the Prince William boys in blue.

1of327
08-09-2007, 07:32 PM
Welcome to the site...Lots of info for you needs . Start by using the search bottom om the screen and you will be able to answer almost all of your questions.

DEFYANT
08-09-2007, 07:37 PM
Welcome to CAM.

VAmarauder03
08-09-2007, 10:08 PM
Thanks for the welcome guys...I will definately have to keep my eyes peeled for the local events, sounds like fun. Dale City is in northern VA in Prince William County. Kinda in between Route 1 (woodbridge area) and the Prince William Parkway. As for seeing me around, hopefully you guys definately will see me at some local meets and if you see me on the street youll know it, I will probably be the youngest guy youve seen driving a MM. I also work in Manassas so you might see me around there too. Its weird to know they have local MM meets, I rarely ever see any driving around. As far as the one the walked on my cobra without sayin his license plate if I am not mistaken he is a local to Excessive Motorsports in manassas. Do any of you guys know them? I already got some plans on gettin the beast to move a little faster.

Bluerauder
08-10-2007, 04:04 AM
Its weird to know they have local MM meets, I rarely ever see any driving around.
There are several MMs here in PW County; but many are not members here ... for whatever reason. You could be on the low end of the age meter; but probably have alot in common with the full range. MM owners range from about 16-78 years of age. Maybe I'll run into you at one of the Friday nite PW Cruisers sessions at Glory Days (starts at 6 PM) or at the Manassas Burger King near Rte 234 & 28 on Saturdays beginning around 4 PM. The next CAM meet probably won't happen until September ... many of the gang are still recuperating from MV5.

Haggis
08-10-2007, 04:25 AM
Welcome to the Collective, resistance to moding is futile. You will be assimilated.

MarauderTJA
08-10-2007, 06:11 AM
Welcome aboard:beer:. FYI, The next national event where numerous Marauders will be drag racing against Chevy's is at SSHS7 (Southern Super Heavyweight Shootout) on November 3rd in Commerce, Georgia (Atlanta Dragway). Take a ride and come on down. It will be a blast.

VAmarauder03
08-10-2007, 09:10 AM
yea im on the lower end of the age range but am proud to say that i am the owner of the vehicle neither mommy or daddy bought the vehicle for me. I wont claim to know all about cars or even close, but i do know a little, i work for a ford dealership and have a few of my ase certifications. i aquired four of them in highschool and just have slacked off on getting the rest. I am really looking forward to being at some of the meets it sounds fun. I know about the burger king on 28 i used to generally go up there at night to havea few laughs at the hondas and silly cars wrapped in stickers that "add so much hp" but i will definately have to go up there earlier now that i know you guys hang out up there. which glory days do you guys meet at? Thanks again for the welcome guys. And haggis said it perfectly, resistance is futile I already am waiting on the next pay check to order a CAI and some gears; then comes the tune.

Bluerauder
08-10-2007, 09:15 AM
which glory days do you guys meet at?
PW Cruisers meets every Friday night beginning at 6 PM at Glory Days off Smoketown Road between PW Parkway and Minnieville Road. Actually, they are closer to Minnieville Road end of the parking lot. Occasionally 1-2 Marauders drop in -- it ain't a regular thing. Same for the Manassas BK. American Iron is generally there between 4-7 PM. The Honda boys and the R-Types show up after 7 PM.

I'll try to make it to Glory Days tonite between 6-7 PM. Lots of other very nice cars there. Hope to see you tonite if the weather doesn't get in the way.

Breadfan
08-10-2007, 09:16 AM
Excessive did my gears and some work on my '90 GT Mustang as well (put in their subframe connectors), I don't think it was me you saw though, but I think I know who it was. :)

VAmarauder03
08-10-2007, 02:10 PM
Id love to make it out tonight but unfortunately im in michigan on vacation and wont be back until tomorrow:depress:...Breadfan PM me and let me know who you think it was...

jgc61sr2002
08-10-2007, 03:20 PM
Welcome to the MM site.:D Enjoy your new ride.