PDA

View Full Version : KS Members, Need your advice

wchain
08-09-2007, 09:02 PM
Hey Guys
Quick question, My sister is trading her car in, and I am going to buy it from her . I.e. its an "in and out" where she trades it in, and I purchase it from the dealer. Well, the sales manager at this dealer today tells me, that "In the state of Kansas, used car dealers are required to thoroughly inspect a used car, and provide a warranty with all used cars they sell", so he told me this was going to cost $150 dollars because he's legally bound to do this.

So is this :bs: or real? It does me no good, because If the car does take a dump, the warranty has to be performed in Kansas. No good to me here. :rolleyes:

Thanks in advance!

fastblackmerc
08-09-2007, 09:12 PM
Hey Guys
Quick question, My sister is trading her car in, and I am going to buy it from her . I.e. its an "in and out" where she trades it in, and I purchase it from the dealer. Well, the sales manager at this dealer today tells me, that "In the state of Kansas, used car dealers are required to thoroughly inspect a used car, and provide a warranty with all used cars they sell", so he told me this was going to cost $150 dollars because he's legally bound to do this.

So is this :bs: or real? It does me no good, because If the car does take a dump, the warranty has to be performed in Kansas. No good to me here. :rolleyes:

Thanks in advance!
:confused: Why not just buy the car from her? :dunno:

Marauderjack
08-10-2007, 03:19 AM
:confused: Why not just buy the car from her? :dunno:

What he^^ said??:rolleyes:

In SC you can sell to a family member TAX FREE!!:bows: Check into it there as well??:cool:

Marauderjack:burnout:

wchain
08-10-2007, 06:55 AM
What he^^ said??:rolleyes:

In SC you can sell to a family member TAX FREE!!:bows: Check into it there as well??:cool:

Marauderjack:burnout:
Because she will save on the sales tax by trading it in.

larryo340
08-10-2007, 07:00 AM
Because she will save on the sales tax by trading it in.
calculate the tax and then give that amount to her.
all should be happy with that.

BLACKMARAUDER04
08-10-2007, 12:53 PM
No She Won't. The Trade In Is Used As A Payment Toward The Vehicle. You Are Still Paying The Sales Tax On The Full Price.

wchain
08-10-2007, 12:56 PM
No She Won't. The Trade In Is Used As A Payment Toward The Vehicle. You Are Still Paying The Sales Tax On The Full Price.

Not around here.

If I buy a 20,000 dollar car and I trade in a car for 15,000 that I already paid sales tax on, then I only pay sales tax on $5,000