PDA

View Full Version : Boxed OEM Upper & Lower control arms

Bradley G
08-10-2007, 06:02 PM
The third set of factory boxed upper and lower control arms I made, are welded, but not painted. You can purchase them as is and paint them yourself. Or, Pick a color and I will paint them for you. What ever I get for them, I will donate 50% to the site. PM me any offers. And if you are willing to donate the cores, for another turn. If you buy another set to make them for yourself would cost around a hundred dollars. If no one is interested in a few weeks, I will post them up on MCM, CVN & or e-bay. These will tighten up your behind, and they work well on hard launches. They are super easy to install ! Hey Zack, how about donating the old dog bone(s), I saw you post pictures of?

larryo340
08-10-2007, 06:04 PM
How about some pics of your arms please, control arms that is ;)

Bradley G
08-10-2007, 06:19 PM
I have not taken any of this set yet. can someone search and post them up?
How about some pics of your arms please, control arms that is ;)

Sully008
08-16-2007, 10:31 AM
Hey Brad,

I sent you a PM.

BTW, here's the pics from your old thread:

http://www.legalknevil.com/albums/Miscellaneous-Car-Stuff/aep.sized.jpg

http://www.legalknevil.com/albums/Miscellaneous-Car-Stuff/aeq.sized.jpg

Hope Marty doesn't mind hotlinking.

Raudermaster
08-16-2007, 06:55 PM
Wow those look really good Brad!

Bradley G
08-17-2007, 06:44 PM
They took some time to make, (Mostly finish) but they are well worth the effort. The set I recently made, my welder guy, only spot welded one inch in each of the four corners. I am confidently advised, they will be plenty strong. I got your PM Mike, just need your address. Thanks for the compliments! Thanks for the link and hosting! I guess I have doners for more sets!

musclemerc
08-18-2007, 07:48 AM
Hey! the control arms look great...How much? and do you have a set now? I will donate my old ones so you can continue the work...

Taemian
08-18-2007, 10:30 AM
They took some time to make, (Mostly finish) but they are well worth the effort. The set I recently made, my welder guy, only spot welded one inch in each of the four corners. I am confidently advised, they will be plenty strong. I got your PM Mike, just need your address. Thanks for the compliments! Thanks for the link and hosting! I guess I have doners for more sets!

Well, for the extra 2 minutes it might take to complete the full length weld, I'd suggest your welder-guy do it. Our MMs have good factory welds throughout their whole construction, but I challenge you to drive ANY vehicle that has been seam welded afterwards (I've done this on a rally car,and an ice-racing car). You will notice a huge difference. I realize the arms aren't that long and flex probably wont be much of an issue, but not finishing the weld seems like shortcut, considering the minimal effort to extend them along the whole length. Just my two cents, not trying to be rude.

Bradley G
08-18-2007, 07:35 PM
Oh, I completely agree! I think it looks better too! .
Well, for the extra 2 minutes it might take to complete the full length weld, I'd suggest your welder-guy do it. Our MMs have good factory welds throughout their whole construction, but I challenge you to drive ANY vehicle that has been seam welded afterwards (I've done this on a rally car,and an ice-racing car). You will notice a huge difference. I realize the arms aren't that long and flex probably wont be much of an issue, but not finishing the weld seems like shortcut, considering the minimal effort to extend them along the whole length. Just my two cents, not trying to be rude.

Bradley G
08-18-2007, 07:36 PM
Very Kind! I could make you a set fairly soon.
Hey! the control arms look great...How much? and do you have a set now? I will donate my old ones so you can continue the work...

Bradley G
08-19-2007, 02:37 PM
First set sold! Thanks Sully008! I got them ready for tomorrows, Shipment! I took half the selling price and donated half , to the site! I got Flags! woo hoo!

Drewstang
08-19-2007, 03:59 PM
So, how much are we talking?

Bradley G
08-19-2007, 05:49 PM
I would like to make it so I can donate half, of what I make on these. The first set, I had to pay shipping to and from and PayPal fees. I had to dig a little into my pocket. I am not doing it to make substantial profit , just cover costs of material and shipping & a little for my contacts that allow me the use of their tools(press), and supplies welding, primer, paint and sand paper. If you bought two pair new to make, you would be looking at around a hundred sixty dollars. how do you want them? raw , primed or painted shiny like the pics? would you donate your cores? drop me a PM if you want
So, how much are we talking?

Bradley G
08-19-2007, 06:07 PM
If you want a set made, and are willing to donate your take offs. I will include shipping them, for $200.00 total and make a donation to MM.net as long as the cores are readily available at a reasonable cost.