PDA

View Full Version : Update please....

Zack
07-15-2003, 09:24 AM
To Jerry and others at Trilogy. Many are waiting in anticipation for your kit. Were midway through July now which means we're halfway there to the release? Like I asked before, I want to know when anything (parts, info) has been made available. Please keep us abreast of the situation.

You like that last line, don't ya?

Jerry Barnes
07-16-2003, 01:18 PM
Hey folks,

The current situation is that we are still anticipating parts to start arriving from all parts of the globe by the last week of July and the first week of August.

Just had a meeting this morning with the Chinese and they are on track for end of July shipment.

Just spoke to the Brazilian suppliers and they are on track for the first week of August.

Just spoke to Eaton about the M112 supercharger and they are on track for the first week of August.

We have had some changes in suppliers due to them being unable to meet our timing. But, we have made some adjustments and we are optimistic that we are getting there!

Remember, if you want to be one of the first guys to get your supercharger, please speak to Lidio, since he will be doing the initial installations as part of our quality check. We are planning for August installations

We are busy working on the next car that Ford wants us to to take to SEMA this year.

We just got back from Fun Ford Days in Norwalk, Ohio and the car ran great. It was my first experience drag racing (legally) and I really enjoyed it! I am now working on the cars next big improvement, the driver's response time to the timing lights! Best time was 13.1 at 105 mph.

The only other Marauder I saw running was a stock Marauder owned by Leonard and raced by his brother John. There were several other Marauders, but they were just unloaded from the trailers and not run? By the way, I really want to thank Tom Kuznicki, Leonard Buell and John Buell for all of the help and support they gave me at the Norwalk event. Without them I would have been really lost.

I will be bringing the car to Columbus, Ohio in two weeks to participate in that event. I hope to see some of you there.

I just spoke to Bob Mathus about the Texas National Meet in September. We are sponsors and are working on getting everyone the T-Shirt for the event. Bob is really working his butt off to get this thing pulled together.

That's my update. I hope everything is going well with everyone!

Talk to you soon!

Jerry

looking97233
07-17-2003, 01:40 AM
Chineese???

Zack
07-23-2003, 10:00 PM
I know Im a pain in the butt, but what do you know this week? When the last part comes in, will it be as simple as throwing it in the box where the rest of the parts are neatly packaged and tape it up? I hope so. Were all excited and dont want to see extended lengths of corporate hooplah when the parts are ready to go. Let me ask you this... Will I be able to drive to Ennis, Tx with your kit on my car? Answer truthfully please, Im holding you to this one!!!

Jerry Barnes
07-24-2003, 05:46 PM
Hey folks,

Here is the latest. We have been receiving parts from the suppliers and they look very good. Most of the parts we have received so far are powder coated black and quality looks excellent. I will send you some pictures of the components next week, but everything is progressing well.

I am continually asked to visit L/M Dealers in the area for demo rides and the raction is always the same.

I went by the Ford R&D Center today with Wayne Moy from Ford Racing to show the car to Ken Noon(?). Ken is responsible for all of the chassis and suspension development for the Panther Platform which includes the Marauder. Ken has asked for our car to be at the Woodward Dream Cruise in Ferndale with the Panther Team. I volunteered our car. Then I got a call from Steve Babcock and Eric Lidieux with Ford Marketing representing the L/M Dealers Association to bring our car to Duggin's at 13 mile and Woodward. I told them that if I could get another car completed by the Dream Cruise I would let them have it. Ford is working on giving us another car for SEMA. We may have it in a week.

Back to the Ford R&D Test Track discussion. I met Ken, who is a 25 year Ford veteran. Wayne Moy ask that I let him drive the car and when he took the car on the Ford Test Track in Dearborn he was pulled over by Test Track Police and they took his Track authorization away from him because he was doing 125 mph on the test oval and they said he was also doing burn outs with our car!!!!! Ken said he had never had his track authorization taken away before. His comment when he returned from the track and got out of the car, "Outstanding!!!". This thing is addictive. I told him, welcome to the junky club.

I am taking the car to Columbus, Ohio this weekend for the Ford Modular Shootout. If anyone is there plase stop by.

That's the update for now. I will send out another update next week.

BlackHole
07-24-2003, 06:24 PM
I showed my slip when you where talking to Jim owner of JDM Performance on the Spectator side Saturday. That was my best time orderd a few parts off of Jim. If my TT setup does not look good then I well keep in contact. And I'm pretty sure I'm going to be at National Trails on Sunday.

TAF
07-24-2003, 07:42 PM
Jerry...I'd just like to say that whether I ever do business with you, or not...I REALLY appreciate your obvious passion that you share with me for this certain automobile. It's truely apparent that you love this Mercury Marauder as much as the rest of us.:up:

Tom Kuznicki
07-26-2003, 07:39 PM
Hey Jerry, you ain't seen nothing yet. Just wait till we get you up to Ubly for a test, tune, and learn session. By the time we're finished with you, you will be cutting double O's, kicking ass and taking names and then, and only then will I be able to RACE MYSELF, ( nudge, nudge ) Hope you had fun at Columbus, talk to you soon. Tom

Menace
08-01-2003, 02:31 PM
HELLO...................:confu sed:

Tom Kuznicki
08-03-2003, 07:37 PM
:burnout: :bounce: Hey Menace, Kind of confusing huh?. I will explain if I may. I've been Drag Racing for the better part of 30 years, and, in that I have been pretty successful. I've won 4 or 5 track championships at the now gone Detroit Dragway. I had also set 2 National records when I tried my hand in IHRA pure stock class racing. What I am trying to do is to take Jerry Barnes to the level I had achieved so , ( in effect, I can Race myself. ) He is a very quick learner and very willing to listen, He's a real stand up guy. I just hope he doesn't surpass me, but, maybe I won't tell him eeeeeverything.

Zack
08-04-2003, 12:14 PM
First week of August.....???

Menace
08-04-2003, 02:17 PM
:alone:

ChuckB
08-04-2003, 03:25 PM
First June, then July now August. and if that is bad enough parts from China?!?

I'm sorry but i can't stand it anymore. I'm sure TMS are working as hard as they can - and they are all certainly stand up guys with integretty and professionalism. they have answered each of my person emails in a timely fashion but always with the message just a little longer - another few weeks - just a bit more...

but that isn't putting the SC any closer to my MM. i can't take this torque challenged 4200lb'er the way she is any more. I know the available bolt ons just won't add up to my expectations for performance. (this is not a jab at the folks whom are happy with stage 1+). Having had other SC'ed cars, i know the MM will always "feel" lacking if it doesn't get the SC perfromance. i look forward to my s-trim vortec next week from Dennis. Sorry Trilogy!

MI2QWK4U
08-05-2003, 03:01 PM
Chuck,
If you really want the roots style, then give it a week or so. I will be having mine installed the week after the Woodward Dream Cruise, kit should be done before then, I already have my appointment with Lidio set up. Its killing me to drive my stock Marauder after driving the Trilogy car on so many occasions! Personally, I am glad that Trilogy took a little more time to get things right. For example, the powdercoating of brackets and other parts wasn't part of the original plan, but I think most will agree that the effort to get that done will be appreciated by all that get the kit. I will see the kit laid out tomorrow as they do a quality control check on everything. I can't wait...they may have to frisk me on the way out! I think everyone agrees that the Marauder needs the torque right off the line, and in a hurry, and a lot of it. This Eaton delivers this, with eye opening results. So again, you either wait for the perfection of the Eaton roots blower, or settle for whats out there just because its available now, at least thats the way I looked at it...and I am not a patient person! At least I was fortunate enough to put some miles on the Trilogy Marauder over the last few months, and with that experience, I was pretty much sold. I will post tomorrow any new information from Trilogy about the release of the blower.
Think about it....

Menace
08-05-2003, 03:54 PM
:banana2: :bows:............... :coolman:

ChuckB
08-05-2003, 03:59 PM
MI,

good luck with the Trilogy product. i have no doubt it will be a solid performer. the whole issue with me is i've been emailing Jerry and Lidio for 3 months now. My whole objective was to get on the "A" list to get an solid date. I even offered to be the beta test site for a self install. review install documentation, critique fit and finish, that sort of stuff. But june lead to July which lead to August with China manufactured parts - the dates keep slipping each time.

i don't have a preference for roots or alternate style. i've got a 97 TA now with a vortec at 15PSI / bunch of other mods and have had no trouble and have run Weiand products in previous hot rods with simular results. build it well drive it sanelygoes a long way.

You hit the nail on the head about the torque challenged nature of the MM. It's my daily driver and although it fits the needs for a family of 4 it also just does not live up to my performence expectations and demands. Bolt ons just were not going to achieve my objectives.

with the limitied number of potential customers for this type of upgrade it was and still is reasonable to assume the first solid offering into this market will get the lions share of the business. Trilogy had that plan for success but just didn't execute - Man i hated reading about how good it was and couldn't get it.

i'm not bashing TMS at all, correspondense was professional, knowledgable and timely. But the time to market with comperable products and a limited potential eager customer base is critical, both from the business and customer base standpoints.

i made my choice yesterday and ordered from Dennis. From the sounds of it i'm note the only person which choose that direction.

happy motoring

BRSMERC
08-05-2003, 05:40 PM
Hello All:
I've been waiting with patience as well and hope to install one of these. I like the technology, but the waiting is tough.
Seems like one has more and more choices every day and if things dry here, its not the end of the world. I'll hold on - gives me time to get the $$$ together.

Brian

Zack
08-05-2003, 07:27 PM
In the past two weeks, Ive experienced the KB Marauder get faster and faster at the hands of Mac and I. I loved the trilogy car for every feature, but the Vortech will blow it away. And a Vortech car does not fall behind much performance wise at low rpm's. Both routes are good ones, one road though, is faster.

MI2QWK4U
08-05-2003, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by Zack
In the past two weeks, Ive experienced the KB Marauder get faster and faster at the hands of Mac and I. I loved the trilogy car for every feature, but the Vortech will blow it away. And a Vortech car does not fall behind much performance wise at low rpm's. Both routes are good ones, one road though, is faster.

I guess we will see in Texas. Trilogy just got another Marauder from Ford. It is my understanding that they will keep one bone stock except for the Eaton blower, however, the other one will now get the total treatment. You really cant compare the KB car to the first Trilogy car, the KB car had a lot more done to it. It will be interesting to see a Trilogy car after Lidio works his magic on it and brings it up to the KB car in terms of total mods. I think that you will find the cars will be closly matched in terms of modifications, and I dont think one will crush the other or blow the other away. If my car is completed by Texas, I will look forward to running anyone if they want, this is going to be a blast if a few blown cars show up!!

WolfeBros
08-05-2003, 08:47 PM
Ennis will definitely be an interesting chapter in the s/c saga here at good ol MM.net. I am looking forward to seeing these beasts close up and personal.

Jerry Barnes
08-06-2003, 04:27 PM
Hey folks,

I completely agree with everyone's impatience. But, we are doing our best to make sure this thing is done right, so if you have another option, I completely understand and wish you the best! Customer cars will begin getting kits in the next two weeks. Remember, I will be using Lidio, Alternative Automotive Performance to do the first local installations to insure that the parts and the installations are done properly. If you have not talk to Lidio, please do so. If there is a problem with scheduling, please give me a call directly and I will be happy to assist.

China? Well I firmly believe in parts from the United States, but unfortunately we are buying parts from the U.S, Brazil, China, France, etc. What can I say, these are some of the same suppliers Ford and other OEM's are using. If we did not use these sources the kit would be double the cost. Welcome to the world economy.

Oh, buy the way, I plan on selling kits in China and Japan. They will have a lot of U.S. parts in them. Go figure!

As someone mentioned, we received our second car from Ford last Friday. It's slightly used, so its at the body shop being prepared for the next installation of our SC Kit. I am busting my butt to do this to help out the people at Ford(Steve Babcock, Wayne Moy, Jaime Allison, Hank Dertian, Mike Zevalkink, etc.) that help me. They need 2 cars for the Woodward Dream Cruise, different locations, by next week. We will be burning the midnight oil next week.

I just talk to Bob Mathis, he will be getting his SC Kit installed in early September. He will be driving his car from Alabama and we will doing the work over the weekend of 9/6 so he doesn't miss much work. He sounds very happy!

Could all of you folks send me emails or call me on when you would want your installation done? I will be happy to help prioritize the list and start to get the job done! If we can start installing kits the 3rd and 4th week of August, who is ready?

I just completed the contract for offering our kit through Ford Racing/Dealers. The new catalog will be out in October. Ford Racing has also asked if our kit can be adapted to early Mustang 4.6L 4V engines. We have already started studying that option for them.

So far the price is still $5,000.

On the subject of "who's is faster, bigger, longer, etc." I can appreciate that everyone wants the fastest MM. Let me jst refresh everyone's memory on our goals:

1. We want a good quality product that will last a long time.

Jerry Barnes
08-06-2003, 04:36 PM
Woops I hit a wrong key and it cut me off!

2. WE WANT A CAR THAT CAN BE DRIVEN EVERY DAY! Not a race car that burns gas and can't make it through town on a 95 degree day.

3. We want a car that performs well with JUST OUR KIT. We don't want you to have to buy exhaust, better chips, air cleaners, transmissions, axles, etc. We have tried to balance dollars with performance. Most of us are on a budget.

Please keep these points in mind. We want a daily driver that is reliable. I hope that is what we have achieved.

If you want a 4 door race car, there are a lot of people that will take your money and see you every week when it breaks. That's not us. I want to see you once for installations and only at car shows where we swap MM stories after that.

I will be putting part pictures on our web site starting next week. Tune in!

Menace
08-06-2003, 06:07 PM
:banana2:...........:burnout:. ........... :banana2:

studio460
08-07-2003, 04:53 AM
Jerry:

Thanks for the update, and CONGRATS on the Ford Racing deal!!! I'm, so #%$@!#%! excited!!!

FYI, I've been hoping to purchase your kit through Ford Racing and having a Los Angeles-area Ford/LM dealer do the install--now that looks like it's become a real option! Can you hint at the expected timeline for that to happen? Or are you saying that October is the target date for that?

BRSMERC
08-07-2003, 11:24 AM
Hi Jerry:
Are you still going to sell the kit directly? I want one! When? How?

Regards,

Brian

Jerry Barnes
08-07-2003, 11:34 AM
Chuck,

I am taking orders and scheduling installations for our new Supercharger Kit. I already have 7 scheduled with Lidio this morning. So, if you are interested, please give me a call or email me. The next available time slot is Sept. 15th.

We will be mailing out product introduction notices next week for customers that do not use the web site. And we will be sending out a formal notice to customers over the MercuryMarauder web site next week also.

I apologize for the kit being delayed, but after reviewing the design, material and installation process, we made changes that we felt would make a better product. We decided to take the time to do the job right and that resulted in more time in development. An example of this would be the powder costing or anodizing of all components to ensure long life and good appearance. We slected all coated or stainless steel fasteners to retain a good appearance, etc.

So once again, sorry for the delay. If you have made another choice, we understand and wish you the best.

Sincerely,

Jerry Barnes

Jerry Barnes
08-07-2003, 11:41 AM
NBC Shooter,

Thanks for the note. As I mentioned before, the first installations we want done close to home, so I expect that by mid September we will have the answers we want. After that I could begin shipping units in boxes. Please let me know if you are interested since we are buying components in small lot sizes to avoid excessive inventory.

We already have 7 installations scheduled for late August and early September.

If you want to pick a specific ship date, then I will schedule it and you can pay for the kit(cash or credit card) the day we ship it to you.

Please give me a call (313) 336-6135 or email me.

Thanks again.

Sincerely,

Jerry Barnes

Jerry Barnes
08-07-2003, 11:47 AM
BSRMERC,

Please read the note to NBC Shooter about your questions. It addresses your questions about when, where and how much. If you want to set a specific ship date for your kit please call (313) 336-6135 or email me and I will update our schedule.

Thanks for the note. I look forward to you getting your Supercharger Kit. We really appreciate your patience and business.

Sincerely,

Jerry Barnes

ChuckB
08-07-2003, 01:59 PM
Jerry,

thank-you much for the offer. It speaks volumes for the professionalism of yourself and the company. I have no doubt the package will be solid / refined and hope many will enjoy.

unfortunately i had set a hard stop for myself of 01 Aug. Dennis's kit had been out for a bit and the 12.3 number from Florida just was more than i could restrain myself from.

Unfortunate cause i was looking forward to something new with the Eaton unit and your engineering teams product. If the situation changes i will be sure to give you a call.

Happy motoring

Jerry Barnes
08-07-2003, 04:21 PM
Zack,

I can appreciate your comments about the centrifical vs. the roots types blower, but I am from Missouri and I think someone is going to have to "Show Me!". Lidio and myself have taken our car to Drag Race after Drag Race and we are the only Marauder running. The only other car I have seen running was Leonard Buell's stock Marauder. So when you say another car is faster I need to see the time slips from the track.

I have been looking for other Marauders to compete with and there have not been any. A lot of people bring their Marauders, pulll them off the trailers, polish them and let them sit. That is not the process that we follow. We drive our car to the Drag Strip or tow it and then we beat the piss out of it. The times have always been in the low 13's and sometimes we get into the high 12's, consistently. I have all of the time slips from the places we have been and I would be more then happy to share them with anyone. As a matter of fact, I will post every time slip I have on our web site as soon as I can catch my breath from this project.

We now have 15,000 miles on our car and it runs well. So, you may be absolutely correct in your statement about which appraoch is faster. But, I would like to see hard data and some side-to-side comparison runs to be convinced. No rumors, just facts. And remember, our car is stock except for our Supercharger kit. If you want us to put in new gears, weight saving methods, transmission changes, tires, air cleaner system, etc. and compare the cost of these items with the performance gains I will do that to determine the best results.

You have just convince me to bring both of our cars to Texas, one that is stock with our SC and the other with our SC and additional enhancements.

Then we will have to talk about reliability over the long term.

I have avoided making claims that I cannot back up. The other people that provide products for the Marauder are great tuners and well respected. But, I am not ready to throw in the towel based on subjective data, just yet.

So, we love to joke with the other people about who's is best, that's part of the fun, but remember we also want everyone to evaluate the long term reliability of their cars.

By the way, Since my note last night, we have scheduled 8 people for SC kits installations.

So, Zack I cannot wait to buy you a beer and swap war stories. I hope to see you in Texas!

Menace
08-07-2003, 06:35 PM
:banana2: YES-FINALLY. I think I am #8. Just spoke to Jerry tonite, going for the week of 9-15, will know for sure tomorrow after he speaks to Lidio. YES.......... :D :banana: :burnout: :bows: :up: :bounce: :baaa: :rock: :P

Nathan
08-07-2003, 09:38 PM
I confirmed this morning for the week of 9-15 as well :) I wonder who the first 7 people are? Anyone want to fess up???

Zack
08-07-2003, 09:56 PM
Fear not Jerry, as I welcome the challenge in the Lone Star State!
Everything you say about your kit is absolutely true and believe me, I was overly impressed the way the car performed. If I ever buy a second Marauder, it will get your treatment. I CHALLENGE you to bring both cars to Texas. The bone stocker will be my first victim. If you bring the second, it had better be equipped with gears, converter, headers, exhaust, and whatever else you can conjure up for it ON A STOCK MOTOR WITH NO INTERNAL MODS. Then we shall see the true victor, swap war stories, and no, you cant buy me a Guiness, it'll kill my ET's.

martyo
08-08-2003, 02:08 AM
Originally posted by Zack
...and no, you cant buy me a Guiness, it'll kill my ET's.

Not to mention what it will do to your RT's....

Jerry Barnes
08-08-2003, 04:51 AM
Zack,

Your on! It should be fun and I look forward to meeting you. I don't think there will be any losers. Anyone doing in the 12's or 13's with a Marauder is a winner!

My point was that we have been running this car every week and it keeps doing just fine. And this is a stock car with our Supercharger. We feel we have accomplished our goal of being fast and reliable as a daily driver.

Enough said.

See you in Texas!

BRSMERC
08-08-2003, 07:24 AM
Hi Jerry:
I have to agree with you on your kit. I was looking for a daily driver with "some" strength in reserve. I also wanted something that would not be excessively demanding on the engine. I looked for experience with the modification and that you have. I've watched all of the modifications as they showed up and didn't really see a cumulative effect. Your kit seems to be the "one shot" effect I have been looking for.

Thanks for your efforts,
Brian

Bob Mathis
08-09-2003, 06:54 PM
I want to say to all that I cann't wait to have this kit on my car. I have been keeping an eye on this kit for a long time. I have been dealing with Jerry on the round-up and I want to say that he is OK! in my book. He doe's love this car and want's it to be what we all wanted to be in the begining. I feel that Jerry and his staff have done a great job. I also believe that all the others doing kits have done a great job. Like some one said not long ago,we did not have any kits, a year ago. and now look.
Jerry and I have become, I feel good friends and I too say he is a stand up guy. I also believe he is a straight shooter.
I just what a car that not to many have.
My hats off to Jerry and his people.

MI2QWK4U
08-09-2003, 08:37 PM
You are right Bob....Jerry is a class act and is dead set on bringing a dialed in product that is as close to perfect as possible. I have been fortunate enough to see a little bit behind the scenes of this project knowing Lidio, then getting to meet Jerry while this project fell into place sweetly! So seeing what went into this project, and the true desire to do this right really convinced me of what I had to do and which blower to install. I will tell you it takes a lot for me to feel confident to plunk down 5K for a kit, then more to install it... Once you drive your car with the trilogy kit on it, you will be floored. I can tell you I was when Lidio showed it to me and I drove it a few times. Rest easy Bob, I cant think of any more qualified hands than those you are about to trust your baby to!

Menace
08-09-2003, 10:19 PM
:up:

HookedOnCV
08-11-2003, 10:42 PM
Hey guys, I'm really getting excited to see that the s/c movement is starting to pick up steam! I had my Allen Engine Development kit installed last May and have been very pleased with the change in the car's feel.

The DOHC engine with the Eaton M-112 must make one hell of a difference vs. my SOHC engine with the Eaton M-90S blower. Trilogy's kit is over 70 RWHP more than what mine is at although the peak RW torque ended up about the same (328 lb/ft RWTQ). Overall the HP torques curve is much stronger than mine. I would love to get my car into the 13's. My first time at the track will be later this month and I am expecting low to mid 14's.

You guys have a great car and TMS' kit will be a fantastic addition to any Marauder. The roots style blower is what the OEMs choose when they add a s/c to a production car. Jerry is touting the reliability of their package and I would have to agree. That is the reason I went with the Eaton/roots package. DR came out with a Vortech package for the Crown Vic just after I bought my AED package, but I believe I made the right choice for me.

I love the Marauder and am envious of those who own and drive one everyday. Those with less money (like me) will have to settle for something a bit less (Crown Vic LX Sport). Someday I hope to own a Marauder too and would look to Trilogy as my first major mod.

I hope to meet some of you with blown Marauders someday - anybody in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area getting a s/c kit from Trilogy?.

My car may not be able to beat yours, but it is still faster than a stock Marauder. (Notice that I said STOCK). Seargent had done some great things to his previous car for N/A HP increases.

Todd

Marauderer
08-15-2003, 08:38 PM
I don't want to be branded as a heretic, so please take this as a layout of the facts as I see them to provoke thought and not a flame or an attempt to inflame.

I have been looking at the mods for our cars for a while now and I walked into this with no preconceived notions or alliance to any particular product.

But, those looking at the 12.3 versus 12.9 need to look really close. The 12.3 was done with SEVERAL other mods (for god's sake it has an effective 4.56 rearend versus a 3.55) and slicks! I would love to see the Vortech on a stock car just to see how it performs in an apples to apples comparison.

Not only that, but let's compare our bank accounts after you buy the S-trim at a how many thousands of dollars premium over the TMS option for what exactly, as we just don't know yet?

And are any of you really paying close attention? I have read on and on about the Eatons low end punch and the Vortechs higher end. Do you actually drive your car? Do you really want to spool up or do you want it from off the line? I don't know about you, but I'll tell you where I want it, and I tell you where you are going to "feel" it from red light to red light like 99% of us actually drive..

I have also heard talk about some of the other mods out there and their higher HP ratings, yet the TMS kit is faster, where do you think that comes from????

I have also seen where the Vortech is able to make more boost than the Eaton. Well, who is going to use it? You're not going to push up the boost unless you rebuild the bottom end of your motor, even then these blocks are only going to take so much. Do you really think you're going to run 30 psi in this thing? Even if you could, are you tweaking it or building an all out race car and seriously, where in the world are you going to get the money? And here is an even better question, if you wanted a race car, then why in the world did you buy a brand new Marauder? I can think of a much cheaper way to get through the 1/4 mile in 10 seconds. And do you actually think your going to drive your 10 sec car to the store when momma needs a gallon of milk for the baby or on a trip to grandma's house for Christmas?

Stop and ask yourself this question, where in the world else are you going to get your car into the 12's for 5k?

I see the biggest bang for the buck RIGHT HERE! And in my eyes, TMS has to be the most "to the point" of the bunch. Not that anyone else is misleading or is out just to get into your wallet. But it is that TMS is saying very clearly "Hey, not happy with what you thought should be faster?" "Want to upgrade your car with one easy kit, with a straight up and advertised price?" "Want to keep it drivable and not have to spend another dime for 0-60 in under 5 seconds?" "Do you want to work on it once, know it is safe, and not have to think about it again?"

These are all the right questions for me and Trilogy is giving me all the right answers.

I've made up my mind, Where do I sign???

For the Record - The point that I'm trying to make is that people should really consider what it is that they are wanting to do and how much money they want to spend. Me personally, well, I just don't want to be embarassed by a honda at a red light and I don't want to have to spend 10's of thousands of dollars to keep from having a red face. I think the quality and craftsmanship of all of these kits will prove out and be the best thing that ever happened to the Marauder. Pick your favorite or the one that fits your wants, or your budget, but look before you leap and ask lots of questions to make sure you are on the right path.

Marauderer
08-15-2003, 09:52 PM
I thought this post might be interesting for anyone that hasn't really thought about what 5k is going to buy you. I personally plan on most of my encounters "Out in the Wild" being between 0-60. So here you go, cut and pasted from http://www.car-videos.com/performance/speed.asp?Speed1=0&Speed2=60

2003 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution (USA) 4.94 s
2002 Mercedes-Benz C 32 AMG 5.00 s
1999 Chevrolet Corvette LS1 Hardtop 5.00 s
1993 Mazda RX-7 Twin Turbo 5.00 s
2001 Holden GTS R (Aus) 5.00 s
2002 Audi S8 Quattro 5.10 s
1996 Aston Martin DB7 5.10 s
1989 Pontiac Trans Am Turbo 5.10 s
2001 Mercedes-Benz CLK 55 AMG 5.10 s
2001 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 5.16 s
2001 Panoz Esperante 5.20 s
1998 Chevrolet Camaro SS 5.20 s
1997 Acura NSX-T 5.20 s
1994 Dodge Stealth R/T Turbo 5.20 s
1996 Nissan Skyline GT-R (R33) 5.24 s
2004 Subaru Forester 2.5XT Turbo 5.25 s
2003 Ford Mustang Mach 1 5.29 s
2001 Porsche Boxster S 5.30 s
1970 Oldsmobile 4-4-2 W-30 5.30 s
2003 Dodge Neon SRT-4 5.34 s
2003 Nissan 350Z Track 5.38 s
1998 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 5.40 s
2001 Audi S4 Quattro 5.40 s
1994 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 5.46 s
1973 Porsche 911 Carrera RS 5.50 s
1997 BMW M3 5.50 s
2003 Infiniti G35 Coupe 5.50 s
1987 Buick Regal Grand National GNX 5.50 s
1995 Ford Escort RS Cosworth (UK) 5.50 s
2001 Jaguar XKR 5.50 s
2002 Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan 5.55 s
2003 BMW Z4 3.0i 5.60 s
2003 Porsche Boxster S 5.60 s
1993 Nissan 300ZX Turbo 5.68 s
1968 Chevrolet Corvette L88 5.69 s
2001 BMW 330 xi 5.70 s
2003 BMW 330 Ci Coupe 5.73 s
2003 Acura 3.2CL Type-S 5.80 s
2002 BMW 745i 5.96 s
1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo Coupe 6.00 s
2002 Infiniti Q45 6.00 s
2001 Cadillac Deville DTS 6.10 s
2003 Porsche Boxster 6.12 s
2000 Porsche Boxster 6.16 s
2000 Honda S2000 6.17 s
2002 Acura RSX Type-R (Jap) 6.18 s
1999 Plymouth Prowler 6.20 s
2003 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6.20 s
1985 Chevrolet Corvette 6.20 s
2002 Lexus SC430 6.20 s
1998 Ford Mustang GT 6.20 s
2004 Infiniti FX45 6.23 s
2003 Nissan Altima 3.5SE 6.25 s
2002 Opel Speedster 6.30 s
1998 Volvo C70 Coupe 6.30 s
2001 BMW 540 i 6.30 s
1967 Maserati Ghibli 6.35 s
2001 Audi TT Coupe Quattro 225 HP 6.40 s
2003 Acura 3.2TL Type-S 6.40 s
2001 BMW 330 i 6.50 s
2002 Acura RSX Type-S 6.50 s
2001 Audi A6 4.2 Quattro 6.50 s
2002 Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan 6.50 s
2001 Acura Integra Type R 6.53 s
2003 Lexus LS430 6.56 s
2001 Jaguar S-Type 4.0 6.60 s
1989 Toyota Supra Turbo 6.60 s
1994 Alfa Romeo 164 Quadrifoglio 6.60 s
2002 Volkswagen GTI 1.8T 6.60 s
1990 Mazda RX-7 Turbo 6.60 s
1995 Volvo 850 T-5R 6.61 s
1997 Honda Prelude SH 6.70 s
2000 Audi TT Coupe 180HP 6.70 s
2000 Saab 9-3 Viggen 3-Door 6.70 s
1989 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z 6.70 s
1995 Eagle Talon TSI AWD 6.70 s
2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK 430 Convertible 6.70 s
2001 Audi TT Roadster Quattro 225 HP 6.74 s
1996 Honda Prelude VTEC 6.75 s
1993 Ford Mustang LX 5.0 Coupe 6.77 s
1997 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP Sedan 6.80 s
2003 Mazda 6 s 6.80 s
1998 Mercedes-Benz E 320 AWD 6.80 s
2003 Nissan Altima 3.5SE 6.83 s
2002 BMW 330 i 6.84 s
2002 Jaguar X-Type 3.0 6.90 s
2003 Mazda Protégé MazdaSpeed 6.90 s
1995 Volkswagen GTI VR6 6.90 s
2001 Toyota MR2 Spyder 6.90 s
1991 Dodge Stealth ES 6.99 s
1999 Cadillac Seville STS 7.00 s
2001 BMW 330 Ci Convertible 7.00 s
2002 Acura RSX 7.00 s
2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS Sedan (Maitreg's) 7.00 s
2001 BMW 325 i 7.00 s
1999 Volvo V70 R AWD 7.00 s
1997 Volvo 850 T5 7.04 s
2003 Cadillac CTS 7.05 s
2002 Lexus IS300 7.10 s
1998 Ford Contour SVT 7.10 s
1998 Mercedes-Benz E 320 7.10 s
1999 Bentley Arnage 7.10 s
2001 Acura 3.2CL 7.10 s
1997 Ford Probe GT 7.12 s
2002 Audi A4 3.0 Quattro 7.14 s
2003 Honda Accord EX V-6 Sedan 7.14 s
2003 Hyundai Tiburon GT 7.18 s
2002 Pontiac Vibe GT 7.20 s
1989 BMW 535 i 7.20 s
2002 MINI Cooper S 7.21 s
2000 Honda Civic SI 7.22 s
2002 Audi A4 3.0 CVT 7.28 s
2003 Dodge Stratus R/T 2.7 Sedan 7.29 s
1999 Volvo S80 T6 7.30 s
2002 Volkswagen Jetta GLS 1.8T 7.30 s
1991 Chevrolet Lumina Z34 7.30 s
2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 7.36 s
1992 Subaru SVX AWD 7.38 s
2002 Dodge Neon ACR 7.38 s
2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R 7.40 s
1994 Chevrolet Impala SS 7.40 s
1989 Toyota MR2 Supercharged 7.40 s
1999 BMW 328 i 7.40 s
1986 Pontiac Fiero GT 7.42 s
2003 Nissan Murano SL AWD 7.44 s
2003 Volkswagen GTI VR6 7.44 s
1988 Mazda 323 GT 7.45 s
2001 Toyota Celica GT-S 7.46 s
2003 Mercury Marauder 7.50 s
2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS Sedan 7.50 s
2002 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS 7.50 s
1999 Saab 9-3 SE 5-door 7.50 s
2001 Lexus IS300 7.50 s
2003 Volkswagen Passat GL 1.8T 7.52 s
1988 Merkur XR4TI 7.52 s
2003 Honda Accord EX 2.4 Sedan 7.58 s
2001 Dodge Neon R/T 7.60 s
1997 Volkswagen Jetta GLX VR6 7.60 s
2002 Ford Focus SVT 7.60 s
1994 Subaru SVX LS 7.64 s
1986 Mazda RX-7 GXL 7.64 s
2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee V8 Limited 2WD 7.64 s
2003 Mazda 6 s 7.65 s
1999 Mercury Cougar V6 7.65 s
1997 Audi A4 2.8 Quattro 7.70 s
2001 Mazda Miata 7.70 s
1999 Rolls-Royce Silver Seraph 7.70 s
1997 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 7.70 s
2003 Lincoln Aviator 7.70 s
2001 Toyota Celica GT 7.81 s
1990 Ford Probe GT 7.89 s
1998 Honda Accord EX V6 Coupe 7.90 s
2000 Ford Mustang Coupe 7.90 s
2001 Lincoln LS V6 7.90 s
1999 Chrysler 300M 7.97 s
1997 Hyundai Tiburon FX 8.00 s
2003 Honda Civic SI 8.00 s
1996 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 V6 8.00 s
2003 Toyota Corolla LE 8.08 s
1992 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 8.10 s
2003 Honda Pilot EX 8.12 s
2003 Mazda 6 i 8.15 s
2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee V8 Limited 4WD 8.19 s
2002 Saturn Vue V6 AWD 8.20 s
1994 GMC Sonoma SLS 8.20 s
1991 Toyota MR2 8.22 s
1991 Nissan 240SX SE 8.30 s
2002 Mazda Protégé MP3 8.30 s
1990 Chevrolet Beretta GT 8.30 s
1991 Ford Escort GT 8.30 s
1997 Ford Escort ZX2 Sport 8.30 s
1981 Delorean DMC-12 8.30 s
2003 Toyota Camry SE 2.4 8.35 s
1999 Pontiac Grand Am GT 8.40 s
2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 8.40 s
1989 Mazda 323 GTX 8.40 s
1993 Toyota Camry SE V6 8.45 s
1998 Isuzu Amigo V-6 8.50 s
1984 Toyota Supra 8.50 s
1982 Triumph TR-8 8.50 s
1997 Saturn SC2 8.50 s
1999 Saab 9-5 SE 8.50 s
2003 Hyundai Sonata GLS 8.59 s
1999 Lexus RX300 8.60 s
2001 Chrysler PT Cruiser 8.60 s
1998 Mazda 626 EX 8.60 s
1993 Honda Civic SI Hatchback 8.61 s
1990 Ford Probe LX 8.70 s
2001 Ford Focus ZX3 8.70 s
1997 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro 8.70 s
1994 Chevrolet Beretta Z26 8.70 s
2003 Mazda Protege5 8.71 s
2002 Honda CR-V EX 8.80 s
1996 Honda Civic EX Coupe 8.80 s
1986 Ford Mustang LX V6 8.80 s
1998 Ford Crown Victoria Police Edition 8.80 s
2003 Subaru Legacy L Special Edition 8.83 s
2001 Chrysler Sebring LTD Convertible 8.85 s
2002 Jeep Liberty Limited 4x4 8.90 s
1997 Cadillac Catera 8.90 s
1995 BMW 318 ti 8.90 s
1986 Toyota MR2 8.98 s
2002 Mitsubishi Lancer O-Z Rally 8.99 s
2003 Honda Element EX 2WD 8.99 s
1998 Lincoln Town Car 9.00 s
1997 Ford Probe 9.04 s
2003 Saturn L 200 9.07 s
1995 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4X4 9.20 s
2002 Volkswagen Passat GLX 4Motion 9.20 s
1995 Chevrolet Camaro V6 9.28 s
2001 Nissan Frontier SC Crew Cab 4x4 9.30 s
1990 Honda Civic Si 9.31 s
1997 Mitsubishi Galant ES 9.39 s
2003 Subaru Forester 2.5X 9.40 s
2003 Lincoln Navigator 9.40 s
2000 Chevrolet Impala Police Package 9.40 s
1996 Honda Civic EX Sedan 9.50 s
2001 Subaru Forester L 9.50 s
2001 Pontiac Sunfire SE Sedan 9.58 s
1993 Citroen XM 9.60 s
2002 Chevrolet Avalanche Z71 9.70 s
2002 Kia Sedona EX 9.70 s
1996 Geo Prizm 9.80 s
2002 Kia Rio 9.80 s
1996 Suzuki Esteem GLX 9.80 s
1999 Infiniti G20 9.90 s
1987 Pontiac Firebird 2.8 10.05 s
1992 Chevrolet Lumina Euro 10.20 s
1998 Toyota Camry LE 2.2 10.40 s
1995 Land Rover Discovery 10.40 s
1989 Daihatsu Charade CLS 10.50 s
1997 Volkswagen GTI 2.0 10.52 s
2003 Hummer H2 10.70 s
1986 Honda Civic CRX HF 11.80 s
1983 Chevrolet Cavalier CS 13.20 s
2001 Hummer (AM General) H1 14.80 s
1987 Yugo GV 15.40 s

Believe me, there wern't many on the list on the other side of the dime (and none that I could afford anyway).

MI2QWK4U
08-16-2003, 06:43 PM
Well said Marauderer....I am glad others feel the same way I do about this kit. It has been killing me for months to see, feel, drive the Trilogy car, only to have to be patient and wait for Jerry and his team to dial it in and get it right.... Just a couple weeks away now....

Logan
08-16-2003, 06:54 PM
I can't wait to see the kit up close and personal... :)

Zack
08-17-2003, 10:18 AM
Congratulations Marauderer once again. Im glad your interest of future mods will stop when your S/C is on. Oh yeah almost forgot, you will be buying parts from that guy in Florida when you need more speed. You'll probably call him for advice after the kit is transferred to the FMS catalog in October. See, everyone is still a winner here. Happy Marauderering!

Jerry Barnes
08-20-2003, 01:16 PM
Marauderer,

Thanks for the note. You made all of the points I have been trying to make. I really appreciate you comments. Well Done!!

We start installations in September, I can't wait to meet you.

Thanks

Menace
08-27-2003, 09:23 AM
I hope no news is good news ! :confused:

Menace
08-27-2003, 09:27 AM
Are we still going to receive notification by mail for supercharger installs? Thats what I read here somewhere. I have not received anything! :help:

Menace
08-28-2003, 10:31 AM
:confused: HELLO! :help: