PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Marauder Gas Tank

Zack
08-16-2007, 05:55 AM
Doesnt have to have the fuel pump assembly.
Thanks

magindat
08-16-2007, 05:59 AM
Thanks

Interesting...

Academically, what for? Repair/replacement or intriguing project?

ckadiddle
08-16-2007, 06:04 AM
Interesting...

Academically, what for? Repair/replacement or intriguing project?
Have Rich make you one out of shiny diamond plating!!!
:lol:

Bluerauder
08-16-2007, 06:33 AM
Thanks
This is a pretty sneaky way to try and cop some FREE 93 Octane. :rofl:

Zack
08-16-2007, 06:34 AM
Im going to cut the top off of it and make the basket at the bottom of the tank bigger so the twin pump assembly will fit properly.

magindat
08-16-2007, 06:41 AM
Im going to cut the top off of it and make the basket at the bottom of the tank bigger so the twin pump assembly will fit properly.

Interesting. In that case, would not a CV or GM tank from the junkyard do the trick?

FordNut
08-16-2007, 06:44 AM
I have one...

PM me an offer.

Raudermaster
08-16-2007, 06:56 AM
Brian, is there anything you DON'T have? :lol:

FordNut
08-16-2007, 07:08 AM
Brian, is there anything you DON'T have? :lol:

Well, if I don't I used to have it but already sold it!!

jim geary
08-16-2007, 07:11 AM
That's funny , I was just getting to ask Brian the same question.

merc
08-16-2007, 07:18 AM
Well, if I don't I used to have it but already sold it!!

Brian I need a marauder oil pan. Do you still have your old one.

Zack
08-16-2007, 07:19 AM
They are $45 brand new, FYI

RoyLPita
08-16-2007, 08:03 AM
Brian, do you have the trunk carpet that has the cutout for the cd changer?

FordNut
08-16-2007, 09:39 AM
Brian, do you have the trunk carpet that has the cutout for the cd changer?

Yes, but...

The previous owner of the car put a nitrous bottle in the trunk so there are holes drilled in the bottom of it for the mounting brackets. If you have a trunk organizer it won't be noticed.

FordNut
08-16-2007, 09:43 AM

I threw away 2 of them, but they were beat up pretty badly on the inside. I have one that is still on an engine, I believe since this engine simply locked up instead of grenading that this pan may be ok. But at $45 for a new one it's probably not worth fooling with.

Get a Moroso aluminum pan. Then have it modified by cutting about 3/4" off the passenger side of the sump. I got mine from RPMoutlet.

merc
08-16-2007, 03:49 PM
I threw away 2 of them, but they were beat up pretty badly on the inside. I have one that is still on an engine, I believe since this engine simply locked up instead of grenading that this pan may be ok. But at $45 for a new one it's probably not worth fooling with.

Get a Moroso aluminum pan. Then have it modified by cutting about 3/4" off the passenger side of the sump. I got mine from RPMoutlet.

If I send you one could you do the mod for me ?

FordNut
08-16-2007, 04:26 PM
If I send you one could you do the mod for me ?

I can't do it but I can hook you up with the shop that did mine.

The aluminum pan clears the crossmember where the pan transitions to the sump area, while the steel one contacts the crossmember. The problem is that the sump is so wide it won't fit between the motor mount uprights in the crossmember so it's near impossible to install & remove the engine without damaging something unless it's modified. Plus without the mod you DO have to loosen the header to get the starter installed. With the mod, it's a PITA but the starter can be installed without loosening the header. Maybe 1" cutoff would be even better...

RoyLPita
08-18-2007, 04:20 PM
Yes, but...

The previous owner of the car put a nitrous bottle in the trunk so there are holes drilled in the bottom of it for the mounting brackets. If you have a trunk organizer it won't be noticed.

Brian, I appreciate the info. I'll pass on this one. Instead, how about seeing if you have the black piece that is held on with 4 push pins and has the mounting holes for the net knobs?

FordNut
08-18-2007, 05:08 PM
Brian, I appreciate the info. I'll pass on this one. Instead, how about seeing if you have the black piece that is held on with 4 push pins and has the mounting holes for the net knobs?

I do. The net knobs are gone though.

RoyLPita
08-18-2007, 05:16 PM
I do. The net knobs are gone though.

PM me your price for the part and shipping to 33065 or 33444.