PDA

View Full Version : Cape Cod Cruise In 9/1

SMOKE
08-16-2007, 06:54 AM
Hey Mary (or any other NE Marauders)...

Is the CCCCC (enough C's?) going to be in Dennis (or South Dennis?...let's just say the plaza on Rte 134).. on Sat 9/1?

I'm going to be spending the weekend up on the Cape with some friends on Labor Day and want to check out the cruise in!

Just figured I'd check in and let anybody know I'll be stomping around the Cape that weekend and if there was anything interesting (besides R&R) going on. Been going there for a looooooonnnnnggg time. Kind of my family's "ancestral" summer (and off season) destination. Going to be at one of my parent's timeshares in West Yarmouth (down at the beach near the boat launch on the Bass River).

Later! :D

JWM

Raudermaster
08-16-2007, 09:29 AM
That might work, I believe we're going down the Dennis for Labor Day weekend, and yes I'll be taking my car down. I'd like to have a little meet in Patriot Square :).

MM03MOK
08-16-2007, 12:09 PM
This is doable! We've gone twice this year so far.
Here's the club's website: http://clubs.hemmings.com/frameset.cfm?club=capecodclass ic

MarauderTJA
08-17-2007, 06:34 AM
They put on a great cruise with plenty of sweet cars. I lived on the Cape for 22 years and use to attend all the events there. I will be on the Cape as well to visit my mother in September. If the dates work out I'll be there. Hey, Mary( and others there) lets go to the Brazilan Steak house again:D

SMOKE
08-17-2007, 06:51 AM
Alright! Maybe if a few more heads pop up we can coordinate a meeting spot and head over together? From my map I'm only about 15 minutes from Patriot...and I have a fairly decent knowledge of Rte 28 and some of the side streets/roads...

Jonathan

MM03MOK
08-17-2007, 07:02 AM
It would be impressive to arrive en masse. Maybe I can convince RF to bring our 2 MMs! I'll probably have to help wash them....that's ok!

Hey, Burt Ragio! Where are you!!!???

Oh, Captain Parkers, West Yarmouth - best clam chowder ANYWHERE!!

Raudermaster
08-17-2007, 09:36 AM
I disagree! Skipper's Mary, been there? We (meaning my family) a few weeks ago when we were down there for Vaca went here, and the Clam Chowder is MUCH better than Capt. Parker's. If we go there though, we'll have to get there at 11 am to beat the rush :lol:.

MarauderTJA
08-17-2007, 12:33 PM
Nah, Capt. Parkers chowdah is better the Skippers. But the best chowder anywhere on the Cape is at Clancy's in Dennisport.

burt ragio
08-18-2007, 06:44 PM
It would be impressive to arrive en masse. Maybe I can convince RF to bring our 2 MMs! I'll probably have to help wash them....that's ok!

Hey, Burt Ragio! Where are you!!!???

Oh, Captain Parkers, West Yarmouth - best clam chowder ANYWHERE!!

Hi Mary, Just checking in. I too am looking foward to this years car show in Falmouth RT. 151 this coming weekend Aug 25&26. It gets better & better every year. Sounds like A few members want to meet sounds good to me just need to know time & place.

Raudermaster
08-20-2007, 03:53 PM
Yuck! We all HATE Clancy's. It's over-rated and too pricey. Have you eaten at Skipper's? They got voted for best chowder 2 or 3 years in a row, whereas Capt. Pahka's got a year I think. Will you be bringing your MM if you decide to come up? I'd love to see it!

MM03MOK
08-20-2007, 04:29 PM
Yuck! We all HATE Clancy's. It's over-rated and too pricey. Have you eaten at Skipper's? They got voted for best chowder 2 or 3 years in a row, whereas Capt. Pahka's got a year I think. Will you be bringing your MM if you decide to come up? I'd love to see it!
Actually......Skipper came in third this year.

Captain Parker's Clam Chowder is now a "Triple Crown" 1st place winner:
· Boston Chowder Festival: 2000-2001
· Cape Cod Chowder Festival: 1998-2002
& Inducted into the Cape Cod Chowder "Hall of Fame"!
· 2003 Newport Chowder Cookoff.

:D

MarauderTJA
08-20-2007, 05:33 PM

If you went to the Clancy's is West Yarmouth I would agree. (BTW they are not related as a restaurant and only in name.) The Clancy's in Dennisport is the best restuarant on the Cape, bar none. But that's my opinion;).

And no, I will be flying up to Providence, rent a car and go visit my mother in Dennisport and conduct some training in Boston for a couple of days. Only plan on spending about a week.

Raudermaster
08-20-2007, 05:37 PM
Oh. :( Well, hope you can still make it.

MarauderTJA
08-20-2007, 05:49 PM
Oh. :( Well, hope you can still make it.

I hope so as well.

hot-rauder
08-24-2007, 03:00 PM
if we can coordinate a spot to meet, thunderbolt and i can make our way cross MA to attend.

SMOKE
08-27-2007, 10:01 AM
Well, a little less than a week to go and there seems to be a few heads popping up for Saturday night. That'll be fun.

Do we want to coordinate a meeting spot? Maybe grab some chowder that was being discussed before a ride over (looks like things start at 6:00 PM in Dennis)? I'm partial to anything yummy.

Isn't Capt. Parkers right on 28 (shaped like a boat) and is near Pirates Cove (mental image mapping is failing me right now).

I know where The Skipper is, it's right down the street from where I'm staying.

Keep chiming in if you are interested and we'll maybe end up with half a plan, anyway.

If not, hope to see you at Patriot! :)

-Jonathan

MM03MOK
08-27-2007, 10:26 AM
I'm going to reach out to Paul Berger from Brewster, who the treasurer of the CCCCC and also a Marauder owner, letting him know we're coming and want to part together. I'll ask him what's the best time to arrive to keep us together.

http://clubs.hemmings.com/frameset.cfm?club=capecodclass ic

Capt. Parkers is right at Parkers River, in front of Zooquarium, in West Yarmouth just before you cross the road into South Yarmouth on Rte. 28. If we want to get ahead of the usual crowds and have time for a bite before we cruise in, whether it's at CPs or elsewhere, we should plan on 4:30pm at the latest.

SMOKE
08-27-2007, 02:39 PM
Great! Thanks for the heads up...

Zooquarium does it for me, been driving (and when I was a little guy driven) past that place for many years. Now I've got my bearings.

We'll see if anyone is up for grabbing a meal. I've got three people with me and I'd have to see if group concience would decide to eat (not so much the hour of the day...that is understandable...but I've also got a non-seafood eating landlubber coming up and want to have options for him).

This sounds great and to coordinate so we can park together is a plus.

I'll keep checking in as the days go by. . .

JWM

MM03MOK
08-27-2007, 04:48 PM
I get the landlubber thingy. Not to worry: prime rib, sirloin, pork chops, fried/grilled/blackened/stuffed chicken, hamburger, sadwiches

http://www.captainparkers.com/

Raudermaster
08-27-2007, 07:30 PM
He's thinking of the Lobster Boat that's across the street. They have good food as well. I also hope I can make it now, I may have a family get to gether I did not know about :(.

Paul T. Casey
08-28-2007, 06:40 PM
Okay, so is this a go? If so, where and when should I be pimping my Marauder?

MM03MOK
08-28-2007, 07:11 PM
Okay, so is this a go? If so, where and when should I be pimping my Marauder?
:woohoo: Excellent.

If we are going to grab a bite before we go (only an ice cream truck and Pizza Hut nearby at the Cruise-In), we should probably meet at 4pm to allow time to wait for a seat, order, eat and hop in our cars by 5:30pm or so. Anyone that wants to meet us at the cruise-in around 6pm, it's at Patriot Square, Exit 9 south off Rte 6.

I'm game for Capt. Parkers.

Raudermaster
08-28-2007, 07:28 PM
I will let you know tomorrow if I can make it or not.

SMOKE
08-29-2007, 11:34 AM
I'll do Capt. Parkers...

My passengers are up for anything and are excited about the fact that there are other Marauders going to this thing...they really only get to see mine and don't know what more than one together looks like in person!

Mary, I'll PM over a cell phone in case there is a need to touch base...

See you all soon....

Jonathan

Raudermaster
08-29-2007, 12:04 PM
DAMNIT, can't make it :(. Sorry folks, grandparents 50th is more important. We'll have to do one more before the season's over.

hot-rauder
08-29-2007, 04:40 PM
DAMNIT, can't make it :(. Sorry folks, grandparents 50th is more important. We'll have to do one more before the season's over.

ahh! my i have to go to Nebraska(my home state) in April for the g-parents 50th... i wanna drive but a lil too much in gas compared to flying.

Aaron(Thunderbolt) and i are 95% sure we can be there... just let me know exactly when to be there. ahhh i gotta wash the raud!

-Adam

SMOKE
08-30-2007, 05:38 AM
This is about as firm as it needs to be. . .

...we should probably meet at 4pm to allow time to wait for a seat, order, eat and hop in our cars by 5:30pm or so. Anyone that wants to meet us at the cruise-in around 6pm, it's at Patriot Square, Exit 9 south off Rte 6.

I'm game for Capt. Parkers.

I'm up for the Captain as well.:)

-Jonathan

MM03MOK
08-31-2007, 06:08 AM
Word from Paul Berger in Brewster: he'll set out some cones so we can all park together at Patriot Sq.. Told him to bring his MM too! With Paul, we're at 5 cars. Burt Ragio, are you joining us??

SMOKE
08-31-2007, 02:32 PM
This all sounds great. Had a safe/uneventful ride up today. Weather could be better (and traffic on 28 is the most insane I've seen in a while)...but that's life...nothing to get worked up over.Mary, I'll touch base with you around mid-day tomorrow. Maybe we'll need to give Capt. Parkers a headcount? Just a random thought.That's all for now. Struggling to keep in touch (and type) through my Treo so I'm going to sign off and enjoy the Cape. Thanks to all those who have an interest in this, I look forward to meeting you all!!Jonathan

MM03MOK
09-01-2007, 10:14 AM
It's absolutely beautiful today! Low 80's and not a cloud in the deep blue sky. See y'all shortly!

MM03MOK
09-01-2007, 06:36 PM
Ahhh....back home. We had a great evening!! We met Jonathan, Jen, Karen and Brent for dinner at Capt. Parkers. Paul Casey, Georgann and Paul III joined us. Then we convoyed through the usual holiday traffic to the Cruise-In. Paul & Denise Berger were already there. We were able to line up 4 Blacks. My SB was tucked a few cars away. Then we had a surprise visitor! NAVCHAP!!! It was great seeing Keith, Paul and Georgann again, along with the Bergers. So nice to meet Jonathan and his guests. Georgann took a bunch of pictures so we'll see those soon. Thanks for planting the seed, Jonathan!!

:bunny2:

SMOKE
09-02-2007, 06:09 PM
Hey, still up here (Cape) for another day...then back to home/reality. Such a great time last night. Good dinner, great new friends and our awesome Marauders. Had nice parking, a special mention of our arrival by the DJ, and the excitement and interest around the cars followed. These cars always draw some eyes and kind comments. Just a blast. Got two cameras holding, in part, shots from the cruise and I'll post a few once I'm back near a PC.My pals and I had a blast and I love the fact I got to meet some fellow posters to this site. Hope to do this again sometime!Jon

Raudermaster
09-03-2007, 06:33 PM
Damn! I still wished I could have made it :(. Sounds like you all had a good time.

SMOKE
09-04-2007, 04:55 PM
Had the chance to download some pic's from my crappy camera. These are from the cruise-in this past Saturday night. Again, great to see everyone and make some new friends.

Lined up at Captain Parkers, l to r Paul T. Casey, JWMclane3, RF Overlord, MM03MOK (great food BTW):

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/4/4/9/0/01LinedUpAtDinner.jpg

Paul T. Casey and family get lined up at Patriot Square:

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/4/4/9/0/2GettingInLIne.jpg

Crowds start to wander over, especially after our arrival was announced by the DJ who was spinning oldies all night (nice touch, there were also raffles going on all night too):

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/4/4/9/0/3CrowdsStartToGather.jpg

RF Overlord says hello to NAVCHAP as he gets settled:

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/4/4/9/0/4RFtoNAVCHAP.jpg

NAVCHAP and our favorite BUNNY lined up across the aisle from us in the black Marauders (parking was a little tight):

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/4/4/9/0/5NAVCHAPnMM03MOK.jpg

Four black hoods up in the air (nice warm evening air at that):

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/4/4/9/0/64Hoods.jpg

Who couldn't love these beautiful cars? (l to r JWMclane3's "Smoke", RF Overlord's "Blackbird", Paul Berger's & Paul T. Casey's 'rauders...not sure if Paul and Paul have gotten around to naming theirs ;)):

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/4/4/9/0/7AllInARow.jpg

We had a chance to line everybody up once the lot thinned out a bit, but my shots of that are on another (much, much better) camera.

That's it for now...would love to do this again sometime!

-Jonathan

Raudermaster
09-04-2007, 07:11 PM
Now I'm really depressed I couldn't make it :(.

SMOKE
10-08-2007, 04:19 PM
Got a dump of the photo's off of my friend's camera...couple more "night" shots to add (been a while, I know):

Cars & Owners (L to R: Mary, NAVCHAP, Me, RF, Paul Berger, Paul Casey):

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/4/4/9/0/CCNightOne.jpg

Shot from the back:

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/4/4/9/0/CCNightTwo.jpg

Ahh, just a few more shots from a nice evening...

JWM