PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Gauge Pod

Drewstang
08-19-2007, 04:03 PM
I want to ad a third gauge to my MM and move the cig lighter to the pass side. I don't want to use my stock pod and I would like to find an empty pod from another car. It could even have the voltmeter still in it.

Zack
08-19-2007, 04:05 PM
You cant screw it up Drew. Just set the trim ring in place and draw a circle.
Those poods are a bunch of money, but good luck finding one.
UltraLiteII Gauges are awesome!

Drewstang
08-19-2007, 09:12 PM
Hmm. I'm going to keep my eyes open for one. I'd like to have another incase I put it back to stock one day. Even though it would take alot of work to get there. :)

offroadkarter
08-19-2007, 10:14 PM
Hmm. I'm going to keep my eyes open for one. I'd like to have another incase I put it back to stock one day. Even though it would take alot of work to get there. :)

You could buy a normal piece w/o the holes out of a vic or GM, and make your own holes to practice..... Probably be cheaper

Drewstang
08-20-2007, 08:22 AM
That is a Marauder specific part. It covers the area where the ashtray would go on a CV or GM.

RCSignals
08-20-2007, 09:14 AM
You may just have to break down and buy one. I'm not sure if you can just buy the pod alone or if you have to buy it with the gauges.

With a second set of gauges though you can always use the wiring pig tails from one set to make up a harness to Ultralite IIs so you can keep all the original connectors in place.

Drewstang
08-20-2007, 10:06 AM
I just called my local dealer. They come without the gauges for $154.70. I will keep my eyes open, but I don't really want to pay that much for one. If I can't find one, I'll add it to the list of stuff to buy from the dealer when I hit the lottery.

RCSignals
08-20-2007, 11:52 AM
check with Ray the Dealer for pricing

offroadkarter
08-20-2007, 07:50 PM
That is a Marauder specific part. It covers the area where the ashtray would go on a CV or GM.

Well youll have to find a wrecked MM if you want to find a new one then, theres one on ebay, and if someone buys it you could call dibs on the pods.

Drewstang
08-20-2007, 09:52 PM
I already called dibs on the pod if they buy it. Check that thread. :)