PDA

View Full Version : Zaino users read this

MERCMAN
08-20-2007, 02:10 PM
http://www.autopia-carcare.com/zaino.html

I would like to hear your comments

Stranger in the Black Sedan
08-20-2007, 02:14 PM
Damn, that stuff still ain't cheap! I probably should try it though.

CanadaMarauder
08-20-2007, 02:24 PM
I use it weekly in the summer days and would not use ANYTHING else....well I stand corrected I have used Meguiers NXT in a pinch. The depth is amazing.

CanadaMarauder
08-20-2007, 02:29 PM
Sorry Zaino that is

Stranger in the Black Sedan
08-20-2007, 02:31 PM
If the Zaino is so durable, why are people applying it weekly? That seems like an unbelievable amount of work.

Eric91Z
08-20-2007, 02:35 PM
I respect the opinions of that website and would like to see real world results with that new product. Until then, I will continue with my Zaino use. Especially since the "dawn wsh and clay bar" only needs to be done the very first time you put Zaino on. After that, it is just as many coats of Z-2 Pro or Z-5 that you want from there. And the Z-5 is normally recommended for darker colored cars which I don't have to worry about really with the SB.

Always good to see new products on the market though and I am sure technology in that department will continue to march forward.

NATEHAWK
08-20-2007, 02:35 PM
I think I will have to give this a try just wipe on and walk away lol I could do like 3 coats at a time with this stuff.....

Eric91Z
08-20-2007, 02:40 PM
If the Zaino is so durable, why are people applying it weekly? That seems like an unbelievable amount of work.

I don't know of anyone that applies it weekly, unless they extremely anal or live in a harsh environment. Even when my car was a daily driver here in Iowa I would do a couple of coats in the spring and a couple more in the fall before winter.

This year I only got 1 coat on in the spring and shortly after that retired it from daily driver status. I will try to get a couple of coats on it this fall before it is parked for the winter just to protect it and since I don't have a car cover to put on it while parked inside for the winter.

Zaino really isn't hard to use. And you only have to use the ZFX on the initial application to help it bond better and dry quicker. I also use the ZFX on additional applications, when I have time, as it allows you to basically apply to the entire car and then go right back and take it right off again and move on to the next coat. And Zaino comes off quicker and cleaner than anything else I have ever used. No wax dust on removal.

jgc61sr2002
08-20-2007, 02:42 PM
Has anyone tried this product?

CanadaMarauder
08-20-2007, 03:26 PM
I use Zaino "Weekly" Due to being anal not due to wearing off...Black probably was not the colour I should have chose in vehicle due to cleanliness but is IS a Marauder. And it IS cleaner than yours :)

Richy04
08-20-2007, 03:56 PM
Any product has to be tried, I learned this in the auto parts business. When a new product came out, I tried it. I learned a long time ago that a wax that was hard to remove lasted longer than wax that was easy to remove.

The only product I've seen over the years that seems to come and go in different brands but works fantastic was made originally by Maguires. There was a quick detailer and fast finish. The quick detailer was the bomb and left an incredible shine. They stopped making it in the early 90's.

A few years back, I was checking out spray on detailers and came across some made by Armoral, a quick sniff and the lemonish scent I remembered from the 80's came right back, I bought it and it worked fantastic just like the Maguires I remember. Now Armoral stopped making it and I bought up a bunch of bottles which I've since used up.

This stuff was great and seems to come and go. Apparently it is a licensed product which makes its rounds under different names.

Getting back to the original point, all of these companies all make silly claims and try to sell you stuff based on science.Simply split some of the products with your club friends and try it, and you will find out how it truly works. Thats the only way.

There is stuff out there thats cheap and works great and there is stuff thats expensive and sucks. The ads are hype.

Want a cheap shine before waxing, 3M Imperial Hand Glaze followed by a good wax like Gliptone,Mothers or Maguires. Case closed.

Or back in the day after a good washing and drying, Lemon Pledge and a babies cotton diaper.

sailsmen
08-20-2007, 04:14 PM
Could be a great product. I will never know because all the article talks about is Zaino.

The article is misleading about Zaino. If you are msileading about a competitors product are u misleading about your own?

CRC
08-20-2007, 04:20 PM
I owned a detail shop for 17 years and Zaino is the BOMB on black....Maybe not the best choice for other colors but I can say from personal experience that NOTHING works like Zaino when applied as directed on black cars...The wife drives a Flint Mica (Dark Grey) Lexus and the Zaino does not make it pop like it does the Marauder. I had a Black GMC Sierra and Zaino made it pop also. I Zaino'ed many black Corvettes for guys in the local corvette club,in the course of business and all looked unreal when finished. I have personally Zaino'ed near 100 cars, all makes and models, and the black ones always looked the best when completed.
As far as ease of use, I can Zaino the Marauder in less than one hour with 30 min. cure time.
Thats after the initial application which is very time consuming...after that it a maintainance issue, like washing the car or changing the oil...
Just my .02

CRC
08-20-2007, 04:23 PM
Oh Yea, with the zaino when you think you are not getting enough on, thats when the application is about right.
The marauder takes about 1/2 ounce of product to complete.

I will order the Product and give it a try, but it will have to be hands down better for me to switch...

HAULNSS
08-21-2007, 06:43 AM
Very misleading sales pitch. :rolleyes:

From Ultima:
Huh? Car care doesn’t need to be that complex. And you don’t need to be chemist in order to detail your car. Another drawback is that this extra step Zaino requires costs about $5 per application and more time

From the Zaino site:
The vial of ZFX™ inside one of the mixing bottles contained in the ZFX™ package is half full. There is enough ZFX™ for 120 to 140 drops which yields up to 32 ounces of polish!

From me: ;)
Zaino ZFX is $20 and requires you to put 3-4 drops in per ounce or polish. I can do my Impala SS or Silverado extended cab twice with one ounce of Z2 or Z5. Hardly sounds complex or expensive. I am finally replenishing my Zaino again after finally running out after two years and many, many, many applications. (Using $20 for the ZFX cost and a heavy one ounce usage each time, I come up with $ .625 per application, not the $5 stated in the ad) {$20 / 32 applications}

Obviously a very biased sales pitch and to compare their opinion to a respected independent test (Guru Reports) is ludicrous. I also agree with Sailsman that if they are misleading (and exagerating) about the competition, they are probably misleading about their products. Ultima is also sold on that site, thus, the glowing praise for the product. Do your research and see what other sites have to say. (Do a google search on 'Zaino test' or 'Zaino comparison', etc. and see what you get)

Do you ever notice how everyone tries to compare their products to Zaino? :D

If it sounds too good to be true......;)

Randy

Zack
08-21-2007, 07:03 AM
Wax is overrated.
One good rain and its gone.
I use whatever is on sale.

gnxtc2
08-21-2007, 01:06 PM
I'll throw a curve in this. I own a Buick GN. On the TurboBuick site, this thread is going on 3 years.

This protectant goes against Zaino head to head. Don't get me wrong, I use Zaino on all my vehicles.

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/show-car-restoration-body-repair/131448-never-wax-again.html?highlight=zaino

You might have to register to see the comparison pics

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

wchain
08-21-2007, 01:22 PM
I was a big Naysayer on Zaino Stuff, I loved NXT, how it shined and how easy it was to apply, but I hated how it was 'gone' after one car wash.

I bought some Zaino when I bought the Blue MM, and boy was I impressed, and still am. I have applied Zaino to the blue MM 3 times, the navigator once, and twice to the 87 Mercedes. It lasts as long as NuFinish! Shines deep, and I have 3/4 of the bottles left of Z-2, Z-5, and AIO. This is seriously good stuff. It still beads and runs off water better than a brand new car!

CRUZTAKER
08-21-2007, 03:19 PM

It doesn't hold up to washes/rains as others do. ;)

And yes, I use it occationally before a show.

It's not a lot of work with a polisher. 40 minutes for me.

wchain
08-22-2007, 08:39 AM
I find it lasting much longer than NXT.