PDA

View Full Version : BIR -- Open track day! 9-24-07

HAULNSS
08-28-2007, 06:44 AM
Come on out and join us for a great day on the road course. This is a beginner friendly event with instructors and classroom training, as well as a lot of time on the track. (easy to do 100-150 miles)

http://www.rmarshall.com/fallttmevent.html

BIR is a 3.1 mile road course with a straight that is nearly one mile long! :D Stock Z06's can hit about 150 mph down the front straight. :eek:

http://www.trackpedia.com/w/images/2/23/BIRGeneralMap.gif

:banana2:

This is a non-competitive event that allows you to drive at your pace and learn the nuances of high speed driving in a safe, educational environment.

Plus....it is the most fun you'll have in your car! :D

Randy

HAULNSS
08-29-2007, 07:50 AM
This is open to all cars and drivers of all skill levels.

Free to spectate or $15 covers all your food, beverages, and snacks for the whole day.

Come on up and go for some rides if nothing else. Passengers are allowed and many people love to give rides around the track. (me included!)

Randy

Grifter
08-29-2007, 08:02 AM
hmm.. that would be great to spectate atleast! Riding along sounds like s blast as well.

superford3
08-30-2007, 06:45 AM
id be up for this

MinnesotaMuscle
09-10-2007, 07:42 PM
So any idea why its on a Monday? I have afew others that would LOVE to come, but they have to work.....I'm guessing its for cost?

jdando
09-11-2007, 12:07 AM
:(

Looks like I will be out of town then. If my schedule changes I will be there.

jeremy

MinnesotaMuscle
09-11-2007, 04:17 PM
and for some reason I was thinking this was a two day event???

HAULNSS
09-11-2007, 09:24 PM
So any idea why its on a Monday? I have afew others that would LOVE to come, but they have to work.....I'm guessing its for cost?

You are correct. It is much cheaper on weekdays and it is also easier to get a track day as the weekends book up early. Once they get the redesigned track done, it might be easier to get a weekend.

Sunday night hotel stays are cheaper, too. (We usually stay at one of the waterpark hotels)

For some guys, the weekdays work out so they can spend the weekends with the family or spend time on the honey-do list. :D

Randy

MinnesotaMuscle
09-23-2007, 11:05 PM
Looks like I'm not going to be able to make it, can't find a baby sitter, washed the car and everything!......Hey wait, the child car-seat is a five point harness! HMMMMMMM..............I wonder if I could get past tech with a baby seat in the back LOL.

HAULNSS
09-25-2007, 06:23 AM
Looks like I'm not going to be able to make it, can't find a baby sitter, washed the car and everything!......Hey wait, the child car-seat is a five point harness! HMMMMMMM..............I wonder if I could get past tech with a baby seat in the back LOL.

I loaded up the car seat and took my two year old out for the lunch time parade laps. We even put his helmet on so he thought he was 'racing'. :D Man, did he eat that up. Every time I went out after that, he wanted to 'go racing with Daddy!'.

We had a blast all day! :banana2:

It was dry until after lunch, then a little rain to make things interesting. Rain is pretty fun and really can sharpen your skills.

Next year we need more Marauders!

Randy