PDA

View Full Version : OCT 20th, 2007 CAM MEET / Cruise4Carter Benefit

ctrlraven
08-31-2007, 07:41 AM
A good friend of mine on another forum asked me if I would put this information up for him because he would like to see a lot of Marauders come out along with all the Mustangs he is getting to come out.

If you can make this please let me know so I can let my friend know.

Thanks,

Chris

Cruise4Carter

October 20th 2007 at 1pm
Taneytown, MD

Carter Moore is a four year old friend who is having to fight a very aggressive form of cancer.

http://www.cartermoore.org/ (http://www.cartermoore.org/)

To read about his progress and get constant updates go to this site - you will have to leave an email address to log in.

www.caringbridge.org/visit/cartermoore (http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/cartermoore)

Carter is my best little buddy and calls from the end of the street... "Mr. Chris... I luv da Mustang".... no matter what he was doing... he wanted to see it... or even better ride in it. He is my buddy and it breaks my heart that someone so young and innocent has to suffer through something this horrible.

Because of his treatments I am not 100% sure he will be at the cruise but the plan is.... for him to ride with me in it as the Grand Marshal!!
Well I think I figured out a route for the cruise without major cities in the way and some good roads to "play" on.

Leaving out of Taneytown Memorial Park to Harney Road... lots of twisties till Route 15.... take 15 South then hit 140 back toward Taneytown round trip of around 45-60 minutes. I plan on driving it... maybe modify it a little.
We also have a new Taneytown Tavern (the old Iron Horse saloon) that should be open by then. I have been playing phone tag with them all week, but I will try to go see them to set the date and see if we can get a deal of some sort. If not... then Tony's Café will be my fall back plan :)
Once back to Taneytown Tavern... I am planning on a 50/50 raffle as well as a couple drawings for some signed Roush Die casts and some other things that have been donated.

If you would like to donate to Carter to help pay for travel / meals / pick me ups and just general things to brighten his day....

Use paypal: caship@gmail.com (caship@gmail.com)

Please make sure you put in the comments "For Carter".

Also if you want to leave a little note or a prayer please put that in the comment as well. If you do not feel comfortable using paypal... then you can use this form and send it in snail mail

http://www.cartermoore.org/GiftForm.pdf (http://www.cartermoore.org/GiftForm.pdf)

Along the same line.... if your Company wants to either donate Money or Items please contact me and I will be happy to help arrange everything with the family.

Today was a rough day in carters life... today was his surgery to try to remove the Cancer. After many hours of surgery he is resting (if you can call it that) in a recovery room with his father John by his side.

We all like to get our cars out and cruise just for *****s and giggles..... well lets get together and to it for a good cause..... help me brighten my friends day just a little bit.

Thank you for your support

Chris

We showed Carter our support by shaving our heads.... it was the least we could do

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v225/caship/Carter/IMG_7054.jpg

Bluerauder
08-31-2007, 05:44 PM
If you can make this please let me know so I can let my friend know.

Thanks,

Chris
Sorry Chris. Got a big conflict with the schedule that day. My youngest son (S.O.B.) is getting married on 20 October. He says I gotta be there. :D

ctrlraven
08-31-2007, 08:42 PM
Sorry Chris. Got a big conflict with the schedule that day. My youngest son (S.O.B.) is getting married on 20 October. He says I gotta be there. :D

Not a problem Charlie and congrats!

merc6
09-02-2007, 05:39 PM
See what I can do if I get back in time

Breadfan
09-02-2007, 09:03 PM
I may be up for it too let me check on my schedule, I'm taking a week off sometime in October not sure if it'd affect that weekend yet.

ctrlraven
09-02-2007, 11:44 PM
See what I can do if I get back in time

Good to hear from you man!

VAmarauder03
09-03-2007, 01:10 PM
i think i can make it ill have to find out for sure

MarauderMark
09-04-2007, 09:22 AM

Congrats S.O.B.
Please tell him that for me Chuck..

Mike Poore
09-04-2007, 01:03 PM

And all dressed up in a penguin outfit. :rofl:

merc
09-04-2007, 01:13 PM
Ford Fever Classic at MIR starts Oct 20 and ends Oct 21.

ctrlraven
10-09-2007, 10:37 AM
Bump......

Need to let my friend know soon of how many can make it.

Bluerauder
10-09-2007, 10:51 AM
Bump......

Need to let my friend know soon of how many can make it.
+0 .... I am still goin' to the wedding ..... penguin suit and all. :rofl:

DOOM
10-16-2007, 10:56 AM
Where is TANEYTOWN? I lived in this area my whole life and have NEVER heard of it. What part of md. is that in?:confused:

Bluerauder
10-16-2007, 11:11 AM
Where is TANEYTOWN? I lived in this area my whole life and have NEVER heard of it. What part of md. is that in?:confused:
Midway between Westminster, MD and Emmittsburg, MD on Route 140 (Taneytown Road). That road should be familiar to you from US History (i.e. Battle of Gettysburg).

Haggis
10-16-2007, 11:12 AM
It is where Fred Guinn, a.k.a Herman Monster, lived at the time of his death. North central Maryland, Carrol County.

vkirkend
10-16-2007, 11:22 AM
No can do, the wife and I are going to NEW YORK CITY!!!!! for aniversary weekend. Wish you well in spite of.....

ctrlraven
10-16-2007, 02:01 PM

If you wanted to go you we could just meet up cause I live in Columbia and you would have to come past me anyways.

Joe Walsh
10-16-2007, 02:30 PM
Sorry Chris,
I can't make it...my whole family is in town this weekend for my mother's 78th Birthday celebration.

BTW: Did anyone make it to the UPS show this past weekend??

Bluerauder
10-16-2007, 04:09 PM
BTW: Did anyone make it to the UPS show this past weekend??
Dr. Doom was the only Marauder to show up as far as I know. He has a surprise as soon as he can get his pics loaded. :up:

SWOOSH
10-17-2007, 04:35 AM
Sorry, can't make it.

Tom Doan
10-17-2007, 04:39 AM
A good run, good eats, I will be in NC.Tom

MarauderMark
10-17-2007, 10:04 AM
It is where Fred Guinn, a.k.a Herman Monster, lived at the time of his death. North central Maryland, Carrol County.

Wow thats a cool fact..i didn;t know that :up:

sweetair
10-17-2007, 12:33 PM
Chris, this is a great ride you set up.. Iwill not be able to attend. Family matter of my own are coming into play.

ctrlraven
10-17-2007, 01:02 PM
I didn't set it up, a good friend of mine also named Chris set this up for his best friend's son.

airborne_mp84
10-17-2007, 01:09 PM
Dr. Doom was the only Marauder to show up as far as I know. He has a surprise as soon as he can get his pics loaded. :up: hey charlie i showed up too...we were the only 2 MM there