PDA

View Full Version : 300A Dash clock and bezell

RocsMerc
08-31-2007, 09:54 AM
I have a 300B 2003 Marauder, so there is no clock molded into my dash. I replaced my stock radio, which had a clock, with an aftermarket radio, that has NO CLOCK. So that is my problem. I've been driving without a clock for a few months now and it's starting to get anoying. :dunno:

fastblackmerc
08-31-2007, 10:31 AM
I have a 300B 2003 Marauder, so there is no clock molded into my dash. I replaced my stock radio, which had a clock, with an aftermarket radio, that has NO CLOCK. So that is my problem. I've been driving without a clock for a few months now and it's starting to get anoying. :dunno:

Wear a watch..... :D

magindat
08-31-2007, 11:41 AM

Are you sure?! I haven't seen a radio without a clock function in YEARS. Was it a cheapie or somethin? Maybe it's there and you just haven't found it?

No flames, just suggestions...

Raudermaster
08-31-2007, 11:50 AM
I agree with Rich, my Dad had an old Clarion head unit that I just put it in my friends beater, it's probably 6 or 7 years old and even that has a clock on it.

offroadkarter
08-31-2007, 12:13 PM
They all have clocks, crack open the manual and browse. It should be in there somewheres.

marales
09-01-2007, 09:14 AM
The Marauder 2003 300A don't have clocks on their radios. That's why their clock is on the bezel. I installed a 2006 6 CD changer off a GM on my MM. My bezel did not have a clock, I had to purchase one that did because the CD player clock function does not display. The numbers displays are there but it does not illuminate. This was a brand new CD player taken off immediately after the buy. The GM did have a clock on it's bezel.

RocsMerc
09-01-2007, 03:33 PM
It's a cheapie, lol. It only has a clock function when I listen to am/fm radio, which I never do. This is my radio. (http://cgi.ebay.com/XO-VISION-XOD1730-DOUBLE-DIN-6-5-LCD-DVD-DivX-CD-MP3_W0QQitemZ300147184471QQihZ 020QQcategoryZ32825QQssPageNam eZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem) The reason why I bought it is because I already had the 6 disk dvd changer that goes with this brand.

RocsMerc
09-01-2007, 03:38 PM
Also, I had it installed in my car since Nov. and i know that it dosn't have any other clock. If you notice, it dosn't even list a clock as a function. I was actualy surprised when I got to to find that it had one at all.

cyclopsram
09-01-2007, 04:16 PM
One of those nice little stick on clocks will work for about $2 at a flea market...or a Westclox wind up alarm on the dash like we used to do...when we slept in the car...

Blackened300a
09-02-2007, 06:59 AM
I have a bezel and it has the clock in it but.... the bezel looks like hell and I didnt put it in my car for that reason. The clock is still in good shape and works.
I dont know if you would want do something with the clock.

RocsMerc
09-02-2007, 01:18 PM
How bad is it? You got any pictures?

Aren Jay
09-02-2007, 04:37 PM
My Dad used to hate clocks in cars, back in the 60's and 70's. He wore a watch and found it kept better time.

I still have my Dad's watch. My Marauder keeps terrible time. hmm???

I was wondering in my 300A DTR, what is behind the panel were the clock would be on a 300A DBP?

Could I mount a flip up screen DVD Nav AVIC like unit there?

Blackened300a
09-02-2007, 07:31 PM
How bad is it? You got any pictures?

It has a scuff where it would mount under the passenger side airbag like someone put their shoe on it and where the trim wraps around the radio it has a kink in it which will stand out and look like hell. I tried to straighten it out but the metal is so thin that its a waste of time trying to make it perfect.
I bought the panel because the panel that came with my car has a very tiny dent which bothers me. I thought I was getting a mint bezel but the guy lied and Im stuck with it. I could never do the same to someone else so only the clock is available.

RocsMerc
09-28-2007, 09:18 AM
UPDATE: I went to the dealership for my inspection and while I was there, I stopped by the parts department and asked how much for a new one. It's $180 for just the clock bezel piece. That doesn't even come with the clock itself. (although that should be easy enough to get at a junkyard or eBay)

I don't think that almost $200 in worth it for just a clock, so I'm just going to continue searching eBay everyday and waiting on this for now. I'd be willing to pay $100 dollars for it or $80 for just the bezel with the clock cutout. So if you got one to spare, easy money. :help:

On a side note; over the last 2 months, I've seen three dash clock bezels sell on eBay for the '64 marauder. How is it that the part is easier to find on a 43 year old car than a 4 year old car? :lol: