PDA

View Full Version : Where's them Goodyears?

N40GL
09-04-2007, 12:17 PM
I know it has been almost a month since Marauderville V, and those people that won Goodyear Tires are (understandably) wondering where their tire certificates are. Frankly, so am I. Here's an exchange I had with Goodyear just today (it means - be patient, they're coming):
--------------------------------------
Hi Mark,

Thank you for following up. And no I have not forgot about you. We have been waiting to get the certificates through the process. I checked last week and she said they would let me know where they are this week. I will call again and follow up with you. I’m so sorry for the delay.

Thanks,

Jenny

Jenny Eisenlauer
Wunderman - Chicago
E-mail: jenny.eisenlauer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Monday, September 03, 2007 9:24 PM
To: Eisenlauer, Jenny
Subject: RE: Goodyear's Donation

Hi Jenny,

You may recall we spoke near the end of last July, when you confirmed that Goodyear would support our fundraising efforts for the USO by donating three sets of tires to lucky raffle winners.

The reason for my letter is that we awarded the certificates, but have yet to receive them. Would you please be so kind as to check on them and let me know when they'll arrive? I'd like to pass them along to the winners as they are eager to see a set of tires on the car.

Best Regards,

Mark Keiser
Marauderville V

Blackened300a
09-04-2007, 02:23 PM
Ill be contacting you soon on redeeming the BFG certificate.

N40GL
09-11-2007, 04:40 PM
Hi Mark,

I just wanted to let you know that I have your tire certificates and I will get them in the mail to you today. Can you confirm what address you would like them sent to?* Just so you know…they will say MTV VMAs on them because they were left over from our promotion we did for the MTV VMAs this last weekend, but they are just as good and the same ones you would have gotten…this just speeds up the process so you don’t have to wait any longer.

Thanks,

Jenny

* = I did that in a separate email to her.

Mike Poore
09-12-2007, 05:50 AM
Thanks again, Mark.

On behalf of the owners and members of MM.net I want to thank you for your efforts in procuring the terrific list of awards in the USO raffle that was so enthuastically supported by the attendees and supporters of MV-5, hosted by CAM, at Hagerstown, MD, this past August.

shami02
09-13-2007, 01:24 PM
Mark, :bows:
I would like to second the thankx offered above and add to it a "big old-atta-boy" I for one really appreciate your efforts. Way to go buddy!
:beer:

So when do I get my tire certificates? (LOL)

MACFORD88
09-14-2007, 07:23 AM
Two Years Ago Ford Paid For A Trip On The Good Year Blimp.i Went And It Was Windy So It Got Canceld.goodyear Said We Will Contact You Back For Another Trip.they Never Did.:mad2:

TCBO1
09-14-2007, 09:25 AM
Hmmm... Goodyear has front and rears for the Marauders available?! :banana:
I know the BFGs are still on backorder..:mad2:

shami02
09-26-2007, 05:27 PM
Hey Mark,

Have the certificates made it to you yet? If so Yea! if not any ideas of what the holdup is? Thankx for any enlightment you can offer.
C-Ya'

N40GL
09-27-2007, 02:47 PM
They're here - all three certificates!

As soon as Shaun emails me the names/addresses of the three winners, I'll mail them out.

And - thanks for being so patient. At least you get 4 new Goodyears to show for it.

Mark

Hey Mark,

Have the certificates made it to you yet? If so Yea! if not any ideas of what the holdup is? Thankx for any enlightment you can offer.
C-Ya'

MyTMerc
09-27-2007, 03:15 PM
Done :burnout:

They're here - all three certificates!

As soon as Shaun emails me the names/addresses of the three winners, I'll mail them out.

And - thanks for being so patient. At least you get 4 new Goodyears to show for it.

Mark

shami02
09-28-2007, 08:33 PM
Thankx Mark & Shaun,

I will be watching for the mail man... I have been holding out waiting for the cert's and have steel belts showing in spots... Guess I can stop holding my breath... "gasp" It is just I hated to pay for tires when I knew within a few more days the gift certificates would be showing up... But I have been living on the edge... Thankx again guys!

CRUZTAKER
09-29-2007, 06:00 AM
Hmmm... Goodyear has front and rears for the Marauders available?!

It's just a piece of paper until GY gets around to making more tires.:D:rolleyes:

RCSignals
10-01-2007, 11:23 AM
It's just a piece of paper until GY gets around to making more tires.:D:rolleyes:

GY also is behind on tire production? I thought it was just BFG for our rear tires

shami02
10-02-2007, 08:08 AM
My certificate arrived in yesterdays mail.. Thankx MM.NET and Mark.

Mark,
The cert reads like you need to order all four tires in the same size, is this true? If you dont know is there a contact to ask at Goodyear? Any info would be helpful.

MENINBLK
10-03-2007, 07:18 AM
Hmmm... Goodyear has front and rears for the Marauders available?! :banana:

GY is making new sizes of the Eagle F1 tires.
I am waiting for a size that matches our rears too...

There is a 235/50/ZR18 for the front that is 27.3" tall,
and a 255/55/ZR18 for the rear that is 29" tall.
This will satisfy our ABS system and not cause lockups,
and still keep the stock rake of the Marauder.

Now only if the Eagle F1 All Seasons came in a
255/55/ZR18 then we would have a set of
A/S tires for us notherners...

Now for the prices......

PhkinQk
10-18-2007, 03:58 PM
Hey, been a while since I've posted but is anyone using the setup that you have listed? The 255 is, like you said at 29" and we're at 28.5, right? Are there any issues or setting to change to comp for the extra .5? I'd SO love to get rid of these BF BadRich's, I've got 45k and I'm in my 4th set of backs and 2nd fronts.........Let me know, Thanks. :)

GY is making new sizes of the Eagle F1 tires.
I am waiting for a size that matches our rears too...

There is a 235/50/ZR18 for the front that is 27.3" tall,
and a 255/55/ZR18 for the rear that is 29" tall.
This will satisfy our ABS system and not cause lockups,
and still keep the stock rake of the Marauder.

Now only if the Eagle F1 All Seasons came in a
255/55/ZR18 then we would have a set of
A/S tires for us notherners...

Now for the prices......

SmokusMaximus
10-19-2007, 10:03 AM
The BF Goodrich G-force tires are on back order here in cleveland ohio and i need new tires for the winter. can anyone help me?

CRUZTAKER
10-19-2007, 08:06 PM
The BF Goodrich G-force tires are on back order here in cleveland ohio and i need new tires for the winter. can anyone help me?

They are on back order across the WORLD!

I can help if you are willing to break the bond and move on.;)

CRUZTAKER
10-19-2007, 08:08 PM
.... but is anyone using the setup that you have listed? :)

Nitto 420S is this tall. No problemos here.