PDA

View Full Version : (OLD THREAD) Trilogy car will be in Columbus OH July 26-27th

Lidio
07-18-2003, 08:04 PM
The Trilogy Marauder will be participating at the “Modular shoot out” at National Trail Drag way in Columbus Ohio.

Jerry Barns, Myself and some of his staff will be pounding the car all weekend July 26th and 27th there.

For those that might be new here or just want to get up to speed…. The Trilogy car has gone 12.90’s in the ¼ mile and puts down 390 at the rear wheels, although this peak RWHP number isn’t relevant. It’s the incredible off idle torque and throttle response from 1000rpm on up that’s so killer. The area under the curve. It does all of this with only the Trilogy super charger kit which is based on an Eaton M-112 unit and is intercooled. It has no other modification what so ever to the remainder of the power train and exhaust. The Trilogy blower kit has been installed and tuned since the car had about 2500 miles on it back in February ’03. It now has over 13,000 miles on it and has seen zero problems with the kit or the motor, trans and rear axle.

The Trilogy owned car sees no mercy what so ever. It is loaned and borrowed to many people in the Dearborn area, Ford motor company suits, engineers and marketing people who I’m quite sure drive it like they don’t own it! I know I do. The car is so abused that no one knows what kind of gas mileage it gets in city driving…seriously. Just ask any one who made it to Trilogy’s open house. We have confirmed though that it gets just over 25mpg on the highway.

The Columbus race will be about the 10th trip the Trilogy MM has made to the drag strip in just the last five months. Four of those were actual popular Ford type races like NMRA and Fun Ford Weekends. The rest were just to test and abuse it. To say that the car is reliable is an under statement. Its hard to predict how long the short block will live at this level of power gain. But I can say that with the conservative, proper tune it has on it now, as long as 92 or higher octane is used and their isn’t a component failer like a fuel pump or some thing to cause a lean condition… it should last a very long time.

Because the Trilogy car uses a properly sized roots type blower, with proper intercooling and calibration. It makes mounds of low and mid range grunt and really doesn’t fall off on top either. This awesome low end grunt makes it not require a “loose” converter and big rear gears which can take away from the true street ability of this heavy car. I’m not saying that even the Trilogy car wouldn’t benefit from a 4.10 and maybe a 300-600 looser converter…. But they are not required at all for it to fry the rear tires for a very long time. I’m a hard core drag racer but still under stand the difference between well done daily driver and an intolerable drag car. The Trilogy car is very, very drivable and gives no clue of what its capable of until you ask it to.

Thanks and hope to see other Marauder owners at Columbus

Menace
07-18-2003, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by SergntMac
I mean "peak" numbers?

Come...on...Oh man, like, I have five superchargers to pick from now. Two companies that will rebuild my MM top to bottom, three that will sell me parts, or, kits.

I don't need to hear, or, see "peak" numbers, I know better that that. I want to know the truth, before I spend my money.

"Peak" numbers are not the game, RWHP is.

What more do you need to know.....sell that KBMS and upgrade to a TRILOGY MOTORSPORTS SUPERCHARGED MARAUDER. :P

Menace
07-19-2003, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by SergntMac Yo Menace, do you want Trilogy to sell 25 supercharger kits? 250? 2500? Or, just one to you?

Nevermind, I think I know this answer. [/B]

I would like to see them sell as many as possible. I just hope to be one of the first 10. ;) :D :P :coolman:

MI2QWK4U
07-19-2003, 03:32 PM
We know who's Marauder is number one in line for the Eaton....don't we!

Kennyrauder
01-15-2006, 08:51 PM
:bandit: Kennyrauder ain,t no fool!!! Just look at the next breed of pony car coming our way. Forget about what you want or have now..... this is a future war come 07-or 08. I am not going quietly.... I will take on the General & Chryco.... 4:10's co2 coolantfor air to air etc. I my fellow Marauder fans ....... I BELIEVE!!!!!!!